Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hleV
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by hleV » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 am

What's with "FF"? I don't remember anyone calling movie 14 "KTK" or "KK" (Kami to Kami), so movie 15 is ROF.

Anyway, the "SSG Vegeta needs blue hair" shit somehow really irritates me. The guy had been wearing blue clothes for his entire life, now you want blue hair as well? Why do fans desire something so trivial without considering the fact that it would make no fucking sense whatsoever for SSG to have different hair colors between users? This is not GT (although likely just as bad when it comes to plot and its execution). SS has yellow color, SSG has red. Deal with it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:53 am

I got the wish, they should wish their Frieza's power will rise higher than anybody his is fighting, that way if he fights Vegeta or Goku or Beerus his power will always go higher than theirs.

The way around the wish could be fusion as it is two beings's power.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:58 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: It's more likely Goten as he doesn't possess the body frame that Gohan has. The poster implies this.
It can't be Goten, we have seen teen Goten and he looks waaaay younger than this figure and he doesn't match his eyes. This guy is a young adult and Gohan's eyes match. It wouldn't be the first time Gohan changes his hair.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:02 am

soulnova wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: It's more likely Goten as he doesn't possess the body frame that Gohan has. The poster implies this.
It can't be Goten, we have seen teen Goten and he looks waaaay younger than this figure and he doesn't match his eyes. This guy is a young adult and Gohan's eyes match. It wouldn't be the first time Gohan changes his hair.

Looks more Goten than Gohan.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:13 am

Re: blue

Once it gets an official English translation title, I'll gladly call it by that. Unfortunately, Toei didn't supply one this time, so I'm using FnF for now.

Also, fans don't get to dictate what color if at all Vegeta gets if he gets ssjg; Toriyama does. I'll accept whatever choice he goes with because it's his characters. Until Toriyama decides, I'm sticking with Ryo Horikawa on blue.

As for sense, there's so many things in Dragon Ball that don't make sense (at its heart it's a comedy adventure, imo) and I think it's more fun for it. :3

Life is too short to be angry at people for having opinions different than your own, imo.
Last edited by Chuquita on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:14 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
soulnova wrote:

Looks more Goten than Gohan.
I thought the same. But the lack of Trunks makes me think it's Gohan. However that does look a lot like Teen Goten.

I'm getting excited. I think it is GOTEN. :D .

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:17 am

So basically we start with this:

Then go to this:

Now this:

Then go back to this:

I still think it's Goten.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:18 am

That's be so cool if it's Goten. X3
I want it to be.

Morbid thought, Trunks isn't on the poster because Freeza killed Trunks, Goten vows revenge?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 am

So it's okay for it to not make sense because it happened to do so in the past? I know I can't expect ROF to make sense given the previous movies, but why would fans want to sacrifice logic for something they think looks nice is beyond me. I suppose people enjoy DB for different things.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:24 am

I hope its Goten, it looks a lot closer to what he would grow to be by the time Pan is born. Gohan would just look weird if that somehow became his style out of the blue.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:25 am

hleV wrote:So it's okay for it to not make sense because it happened to do so in the past? I know I can't expect ROF to make sense given the previous movies, but why would fans want to sacrifice logic for something they think looks nice is beyond me. I suppose people enjoy DB for different things.
Because we're not naïve. We have two choices: we either get upset over things we can't change or we enjoy the things we like for the reasons we like. This is a business and these are people who either want the creative freedom of being able to ignore things to tell the story they want to tell or simply do not care to match age-old continuity for the sake of it.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:28 am

I've been saving my first post for something big. Now I know it's a long shot, but, what if its a Freeza that actually trained to increase his power, and unlocked something similar to a super saiyan transformation but for his race.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flopro18 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:31 am

Am I the only one who doesn't want Vegeta to go God mode if he can only do it by getting help? Assuming that's he'd be the one to settle the score with Frieza, which may even be an end to DBZ as we know it, the only way I can get a sense of finality is somehow Vegeta beats Frieza on his own. No 6 pure Saiyans, no give me your energy, nothing like that. Just Vegeta giving Frieza that payback he's longed for.
PS: Really hope Vegeta gets Super a Saiyan 3. Toriyama should make us SS3 Vegeta lovers happy for this one. We've waited long enough, lol.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 am

godku23 wrote:I've been saving my first post for something big. Now I know it's a long shot, but, what if its a Freeza that actually trained to increase his power, and unlocked something similar to a super saiyan transformation but for his race.
If things go by what we know, he shouldn't have had a body to train to begin with. Plus Freeza never seemed like the training type. Had he got his wish of immortality, he'd be just sittin on his ass all day while everyone coward under him until he eventually goes mad.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:37 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
godku23 wrote:I've been saving my first post for something big. Now I know it's a long shot, but, what if its a Freeza that actually trained to increase his power, and unlocked something similar to a super saiyan transformation but for his race.
If things go by what we know, he shouldn't have had a body to train to begin with. Plus Freeza never seemed like the training type. Had he got his wish of immortality, he'd be just sittin on his ass all day while everyone coward under him until he eventually goes mad.
I know its a long shot, but it'd be cool, personally.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:53 am

Haha well it's definitely not Goten. He looks way more like Gohan still even when compared liked that. Plus you notice it's only the characters that fought Frieza on Namek, that's on the poster. Plus they never put Goten without Trunks.

I think they we're trying to have Gohan have his ole bowl hair cut again. Maybe there's a joke about it again, like Chi-Chi giving him a hair cut for old times sake.

It would make 0 sense for Goten to be there rather than Gohan.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:00 am

Simpsons Cooler did it. Plus, he can't train. He's dead, and bad guys don't get to keep their bodies. He should have been reincarnated by now, if anything.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:02 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Haha well it's definitely not Goten. He looks way more like Gohan still even when compared liked that. Plus you notice it's only the characters that fought Freeza on Namek, that's on the poster. Plus they never put Goten without Trunks.

I think they we're trying to have Gohan have his ole bowl hair cut again. Maybe there's a joke about it again, like Chi-Chi giving him a hair cut for old times sake.

It would make 0 sense for Goten to be there rather than Gohan.
Yeah noticed that too, about the characters on the poster being the ones present durring the Freeza fight. Leads me to believe that overall Toriyama and co. Are going to try and recreate that atmosphere, which is probably why he started to mention how Goku would no longer use SSJ2 or 3 again because having Freeza tussle around with anything but SSJ1 Goku or Vegeta would just look weird I guess.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:13 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'd be surprised if we don't get a trailer at Jump Festa.

Also, I hope we get a high res scan of the poster soon to confirm if it's Yamcha or Gohan.
Here ya' go: http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... /dbf01.jpg
(Not full size, click the link)

Kei17 posted this a few pages back, but I wouldn't expect many people to have seen it given the fact that the thread's grown 20+ pages over the course of a few hours.
I think the man in green is Goten. I really expect that.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:16 am

I can't wait to see how the 3D works for the movie since it's a 2D movie. Nightmare before Christmas in 3D looked pretty good when I saw it back in 2007 and I hear the Lion King looked great in 3D.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/