Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am

There's been a lot of replies to what I said already, but they're so lengthy that rather than quote, I'll just respond in general.

I get it. Freeza coming back and suddenly being a lot stronger, even if it's explained in the film, is an asspull. I'm not denying that. And it is a fair point that just because the series is built around similar asspulls, there's no reason to return to that (especially when Battle of Gods made itself a game changer in some ways). I understand the worry. My first thoughts upon the reveal of Freeza's return was also 'Wait, but how is he gonna be strong enough to be a threat now?' - I couldn't care any less about power level debates if I tried, and I still thought that first. So believe me, I get it.

What I don't get though is this hair-trigger response of 'Worst thing ever!'. We know only a little bit about what this movie is going to entail so far, and yet right away there are people flinging criticism right out of the gate. Rather than give Toriyama the chance to possibly impress you, you just automatically start pointing out his previous follies, and dismiss the entire idea as stupid, as if there's no possible way it could work. Perhaps this is just a different opinion, but for me, there are no bad ideas, just poor execution.

But maybe that's where our opinions are just going to have to differ. I see a lot of distaste for Battle of Gods floating around too, and I'll never see the issues that so many see there, as I still feel that's the best new DB material we've gotten in years. If this movie can manage to be even half as enjoyable as BOG, then it'll be just fine.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:01 am

Honestly, I'm so-so on the idea that's Frieza's back, it's just something else.

SOME OF YOU guys here were so quick to point out ass pulls from the Cell saga, Buu saga, and even to an extent, the Saiyan saga. You guys were so quick to point out and complain about how dumb Gohan being the savior of the universe is after he destroyed Cell, how fusion, the Hyperbolic Time Chamber(yes I call it that), and SSJ3 were Dues Ex Machinas, how Gohan in the Buu saga gets his potential released...again, etc., BUT when it comes to either Goku keeps getting many Zenkais in the Frieza saga or this idea of Frieza coming back, found a way to get stronger, AND has "one final transformation", yall wanna hop on Toriyama's nuts because the Frieza saga was "the BEST SAGA EVARRRR!", RIGHT?!?! I smell hypocrisy on Frieza fans!

Right is right and wrong is wrong!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 am

Marco Polo wrote:Image
Vegeta's shirt just got more interesting. Didn't realize that was hidden there.

Went to go try this with Gokû; unlike Vegeta, Gokû's only surprise is longer wristbands. Tie for the dogi sash is off to the side, the shirt skirt is there like the EoZ dogi.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:13 am

I noticed that as well! (Had to up the brightness on my phone).

I think it's safe to say that Vegeta will get to defeat Freeza, with the help of the gang. Everything points to him having a larger role in this movie (movie poster: Goku and Vegeta presented as equals, Toriyama's comments: pretty obvious foreshadowing in hindsight, BoG: pretty significant role for someone so much weaker than Goku...)

I really like the idea of the Freezaverse (Chuquita's theory), I can't stop thinking about it :lol:

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:20 am

I like how the characters that faced Freezer back then all have a look that is an evolved Namek look (Vegeta's evolved armor, Gohan's grown-up yet with a hairstyle comparable to his Namek one, Krilin bald again...). It's like showing you with the new looks "remember how those characters have met before and what it was like, only now it will be in an evolved way".
I wouldn't be surprised if for a bunch of minutes, we have Vegeta-Gohan-Krilin VS Freezer or even Vegeta-Gohan-Krilin-Piccolo VS Freezer, just like back then.

On another subject, I don't know if this has been said before, but did you notice how the lightning color gives Goku his Super Saiyan God hair color on half of his head?
Some people are going to quickly draw conclusions when seeing Vegeta's blue-tinted hair on the other side with a similar lightning. Just saying. (maybe I should have written "just Saiyan", but I feel like it might be a joke that's gotten old years ago)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 am

Cold Skin wrote:On another subject, I don't know if this has been said before, but did you notice how the lightning color gives Goku his Super Saiyan God hair color on half of his head ? Some people are going to quickly draw conclusions when seeing Vegeta's blue-tinted hair on the other side with a similar lightning.
If that turns out to be the case I hope there will be an explanation to it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:04 am

sintzu wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:On another subject, I don't know if this has been said before, but did you notice how the lightning color gives Goku his Super Saiyan God hair color on half of his head ? Some people are going to quickly draw conclusions when seeing Vegeta's blue-tinted hair on the other side with a similar lightning.
Explanation for what? His God hair being blue? Why would they need to explain that? That's like asking why Goku's hair was red/magenta. Unless you mean you want a meta explanation from Toriyama or something...

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:10 am

Ryuman wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Explanation for what? His God hair being blue? Why would they need to explain that? That's like asking why Goku's hair was red/magenta. Unless you mean you want a meta explanation from Toriyama or something...
Explanation for why the hair color would differ between SSGod users.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:11 am

Taking into account the tie-in little figures of Goku and Freeza and the images from the film's website (by raising the brightness of the picture to see the bottom of Goku's shirt in Photoshop) I drew how I think Goku's new outfit in Fukkatsu no "F" will look like.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:14 am

Ryuman wrote:Why would they need to explain that ?
I'd just like to know why ssjg has a different color for each user unlike the normal ssj.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:16 am

Cold Skin wrote:On another subject, I don't know if this has been said before, but did you notice how the lightning color gives Goku his Super Saiyan God hair color on half of his head?
Some people are going to quickly draw conclusions when seeing Vegeta's blue-tinted hair on the other side with a similar lightning. Just saying. (maybe I should have written "just Saiyan", but I feel like it might be a joke that's gotten old years ago)
On the other hand, Freeza looks like he has a God aura around him but it's the same fiery red color as Goku's was in BoG.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:28 am

I honestly don't see why having different hair colours between Saiyan Gods needs an explanation, but maybe that's just me?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 am

Ryuman wrote:I honestly don't see why having different hair colours between Saiyan Gods needs an explanation.
I'm not going to lose sleep if it doesn't but it would be nice to get something like it has to do with the users personality or aura or whatever.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:37 am

sintzu wrote:
Ryuman wrote:I honestly don't see why having different hair colours between Saiyan Gods needs an explanation.
I'm not going to lose sleep if it doesn't but it would be nice to get something like it has to do with the users personality or aura or whatever.
Hm, yeah. That would be cool enough. Nothing overblown that would waste time in the movie (Which is what was bothering me about the concept of an explanation).
omegalucas wrote:I drew how I think Goku's new outfit in Fukkatsu no "F" will look like.
Looks good! Hoping it is like that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:04 pm

But no one knows anything about SSG. Other than Shenron and they're not gonna be stupid enough to summon him and waste a wish cuz Vegeta had a different hair colour.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:18 pm

If Vegeta has a different ssjgod color, I don't think that needs explanation besides the fact that fits him better.
But when the fanart of Vegeta blue ssjgod started appear last year, I thought about it having to do with each one personality. And more Gods would have that colors too.

I still think the strongest and evil God would have black aura. We never had anyone with that color. I would enjoy that evil God would appear one day.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:23 pm

If it's based on their personality, then it especially doesn't NEED explanation. I mean, it should be pretty self-explanatory (unless Vegeta gets a really out-of-place color like green or something).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Here's Gokû with the brightness altered to show more of his dogi.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Yup. Remembers when he was fighting Tenshinhan and Raditz wihtout the weights on. With some slight differences.

About Vegeta.
I would like that he stoped using a armour. I like the change of style in Buu arc, EOZ and GT.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Chuquita wrote:Here's Gokû with the brightness altered to show more of his dogi.
Ohhh nice :o My own attempt wasn't anywhere as good which is why I posted only Vegeta.

I was afraid Goku's new outfit would look too much like his usual one, but it looks like there are quite a lot of subtle differences. (I just wish they would jump straight to his EoZ outfit, lol)