Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:07 pm

I do agree with the trailers making it more serious than it was (marketing reasons). Funimation trailers took it to another level though.
The title Battle of Gods, The God of Destruction as a villain , The appearance of Super Saiyan God, everything made seem like it would be another crazy fight for survival.
I didn't saw all that gag coming.

So in that way I was mistaken too. But in the end, I still loved it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, even that flashback of the SSJ God shown him in red colours, so I think that there is possibility that Vegeta will be red as well.
Or it will seriously end up like god damn Power Rangers!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Well, he really didn't befriend him, it was more that Beerus found his power to being fascinating and I guess he wanted to see how far Goku could go or something, otherwise why would Beerus threatened to destroy Earth after eating Wasabi?
The Kai's said that Goku made an ally out of Beerus. I count that as befriending.
Right, because the Kai's have never misjudged the situation before.
Would you prefer if I said allies, frienemies, or acquaintances? Also the Kai's rarely misjudged an issue.
Chuquita wrote:The trailers definitely felt more in line with the scrapped version of BOG's plot, the one with evil lizard!Beerus.

I'm curious to see how they'll frame 「F」's trailer.

Should have lots of Namek flashbacks then show Freeza's feet on earth. The screen cut black and with Freeza voice . You hear..."I'm..baaaaack........saiyan monkeys".

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about Power Rangers and what it has to do with whatever color hair they give Vegeta if he gets ssjg form in this movie. ^^;

This isn't a Power Rangers hate thread, it's a thread for the 2015 Dragon Ball movie.

On Topic:

I also never saw the gags coming. I really did enjoy BOG. Props to Toriyama because under another writer, Pilaf Gang's inclusion and the amount of time used on them could have been annoying, but Toriyama pulled it off imo and I enjoyed it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Why do people care how SSJ God works with colour or if it's always red? If it's red for Vegeta it's red, if it's blue it's blue. I don't really care. Horikawa liked the blue idea and I do too, but I don't really give a shit if it's red if Vegeta even becomes a god.

I just imagine people right now "Ohm mah godz Vegeta is blue, stupid power rangers shit RUINED FOREVER UGGGGH" or "Erm a gerd Red Vegeta that's plainz RUINED FOREVER GAWD"
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm more curious over how they handle Goku's god powers than the color of Vegeta's god mode. Goku absorbed the powers of SSJG, so will he ever even tap into that transformation (I hope not...)? Will Toriyama keep his word and not feature SSJ2 and SSJ3 anymore? I feel if Goku only uses SSJ w / god powerup, his aura should at least be a bit different. idk...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:43 pm

The fire aura was a bit loud; I'm sure there's a way to change the cgi they used to make it not so much. I'd like to see a 2D aura, myself, but I don't think it'd happen. CG's cheap after all. :(

For the longest while I didn't think F was going to have ssjg Gokû in it at all; only thing changing my mind making me think he might be there is that magenta lightning on the poster reflecting off his base form's hair. (But even then I'm uncertain he'll appear.)

I actually really liked the character design the BoZ opening animation used for ssjg Gokû; if he shows up I'd like them to use that art style.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Galan007 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Galan007 wrote:Is this just your opinion, or is there evidence to support you?
There is evidence. In M10 & M11, his hair are golden in both SS & LSS. Meaning that, including games:

Base with MC device ---> purple SS ---> green LSS ---> green SS3 ---> green Golden Oozaru
Base without MC device ---> golden SS --- golden LSS ---> golden SS3 ---> golden Golden Oozaru (we haven't see the last one, but that should be it logically.)
By "evidence", I mean something official that states "Broly's hair was green due to the mind-control device", or somesuch--otherwise this is just your opinion. Imo, it makes no sense for his hair color to still reflect the effects of a device that was no longer present. :?

I mean, even the official breakdown of Broly's forms in the Trunks anime comic doesn't even allude to your theory being correct. /shrug
I don't recall any guidebook saying anything, but that's literally what we see. Unless you can think of another reason for why LSS Broli's hair are green in M8, but golden in M10 & M11.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about Power Rangers and what it has to do with whatever color hair they give Vegeta if he gets ssjg form in this movie. ^^;

This isn't a Power Rangers hate thread, it's a thread for the 2015 Dragon Ball movie.

On Topic:

I also never saw the gags coming. I really did enjoy BOG. Props to Toriyama because under another writer, Pilaf Gang's inclusion and the amount of time used on them could have been annoying, but Toriyama pulled it off imo and I enjoyed it.
Because, I understand the logic behind SSJ, everyone is blonde, gold aura and stuff. SSG is another Super Saiyan form, the hair is red. I don't understand the logic of some people that Vegeta's hair will be blue, Gohan's green etc.
Chresus Jist, that is so weird :D

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about Power Rangers and what it has to do with whatever color hair they give Vegeta if he gets ssjg form in this movie. ^^;

Because, I understand the logic behind SSJ, everyone is blonde, gold aura and stuff. SSG is another Super Saiyan form, the hair is red. I don't understand the logic of some people that Vegeta's hair will be blue, Gohan's green etc.
Chresus Jist, that is so weird :D
I think it's mostly because it appears the poster is alluding to this(Goku gets red/Magenta highlights in his hair and Magenta lightning, Vegeta gets blue highlights in his hair and blue lightning).
Of course it may turn out that it has nothing to do with SSGod after all, but I think it does.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Vegeta shouldn't even became a ssjg. Should be one for era, to make it special.
The title is too much to everyone use it like it was a normal ssj transformation.

If Vegeta does become one (which the chances are high), I hope they make it only possible for full-blooded saiyans.
Because just thinking about Goten and Trunks becoming SSJG... :?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Vegeta shouldn't even became a ssjg. Should be one for era, to make it special.
The title is too much to everyone use it like it was a normal ssj transformation.

If Vegeta does become one (which the chances are high), I hope they make it only possible for full-blooded saiyans.
Because just thinking about Goten and Trunks becoming SSJG... :?
Yes, they will form Gotenks and pull it out of their asses like SSJ3. We don't need no bunch of purehearted Saiyans, we are Gotenks, *whooosh* ta-dah!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 pm

The title doesn't mean anything. Gods have never mattered in Dragon Ball, until movie 14 suddenly arbitrarily decided that they mattered.
Yes, they will form Gotenks and pull it out of their asses like SSJ3. We don't need no bunch of purehearted Saiyans, we are Gotenks, *whooosh* ta-dah!
The "six righteous saiyans" idea, as well as the idea that Vegeta and fetus Pan count as such, was fucking stupid anyway, so I'm entirely in favor of this. Well, I'm actually in favor of just pretending SSG was never a thing. But if it has to be a thing, then this is how it should go.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:04 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
The title doesn't mean anything. Gods have never mattered in Dragon Ball, until movie 14 suddenly arbitrarily decided that they mattered.
Yes sir, it does! It's supposed to be the God of Saiyans, not a army.
Just like there's only one Kami in Earth. And Kami is important since Piccolo Daimao arc.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Of course it does. Its supposed to be the God of Saiyans, not a army.
Just like there's only one Kami in Earth. And Kami is important since Piccolo Daimao arc.
A "god of saiyans" that any random saiyan can form just by gathering six of his buddies.

Kami is a terrible example. He's shown not to really be special in the grand scheme of things, and he's not at all in the same boat as SSG. He's part of the hierarchy. He's just an alien with a job. When he 'died', some random assholes on Earth just decided to bring an alien teenager with less-than-peak-human levels of strength and one useful ability to take his place. No one seemed to mind.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Kami is a terrible example. He's shown not to really be special in the grand scheme of things, and he's not at all in the same boat as SSG. He's part of the hierarchy. He's just an alien with a job. When he 'died', some random assholes on Earth just decided to bring an alien teenager with less-than-peak-human levels of strength and one useful ability to take his place. No one seemed to mind.
Dende had potential. And that just proves they always needed a God.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:09 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: Kami is a terrible example. He's shown not to really be special in the grand scheme of things, and he's not at all in the same boat as SSG. He's part of the hierarchy. He's just an alien with a job. When he 'died', some random assholes on Earth just decided to bring an alien teenager with less-than-peak-human levels of strength and one useful ability to take his place. No one seemed to mind.
Dende had potential. And that just proves they always needed a God.
What potential? Potential to be powerful? He's weaker than Mr. Satan. They only needed him because he could make dragon balls. That had nothing to do with his job as a god, but rather his abilities as a Dragon-clan namekian. I'm not sure how this ties back into "gods are special". You're just killing your own argument by bringing up how little of a deal the position as god of Earth really is.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: What potential? Potential to be powerful? He's weaker than Mr. Satan. They only needed him because he could make dragon balls. That had nothing to do with his job as a god, but rather his abilities as a Dragon-clan namekian. I'm not sure how this ties back into "gods are special". You're just killing your own argument by bringing up how little of a deal the position as god of Earth really is.
Not only that, he was a healer too unlike the others. Killing my own argument?! Read everything again.
You said Gods only became important now. I said they were always there since Piccolo Daimao. Without Kami, DB were gone. Meaning Krillin, Chaozu and Roshi would stay dead.
And who knows if Goku would be able to beat Piccolo 3 years later. Leave alone go training with Kaio to fight Nappa and Vegeta.

If you don't like SSJG no one is force you. Now don't deny the facts and say Gods were never important.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: What potential? Potential to be powerful? He's weaker than Mr. Satan. They only needed him because he could make dragon balls. That had nothing to do with his job as a god, but rather his abilities as a Dragon-clan namekian. I'm not sure how this ties back into "gods are special". You're just killing your own argument by bringing up how little of a deal the position as god of Earth really is.
Not only that, he was a healer too unlike the others. Killing my own argument?! Read everything again.
You said Gods only become important now. i said they were always there since Piccolo Daimao. Without Kami, DB were gone. Meaning Krillin, Chaozu and Roshi would stay dead.
And who knows if Goku would be able to beat Piccolo 3 years later.

If you don't like SSG no one is force you. Now don't deny the facts and say Gods are never important.
They weren't. At most, they'd show up to give someone training. Kaioshin didn't even get that. Kami was relatively important because he made the dragon balls. That had absolutely nothing to do with his status as a god. He was also extremely weak pretty much right after his debut arc. Gods were never powerhouses. They had some unique abilities, but being god didn't guarantee you were worth anything in a fight. In fact, the gods are complete weaklings for most of the series. Until BOG came along and said "no, gods now matter".

Gods were never important. Up until BOG suddenly decided they were super strong, gods were always portrayed as basically just regular guys with jobs. The highest god of the universe in the Saiyan arc, Kaio, was weaker than freaking Nappa. The new strongest god in the universe, Kaioshin, practically pissed himself at the thought of fighting Dabra, who even the weakest of the three main saiyans was stronger than.

If you like SSG, no one is forcing you not to. Now don't deny facts and say gods were ever special. Especially not SSG. It's a plot point that SSG is comically easy to achieve. All you have to do is get six saiyans to hold hands. There's not even any requirements for what saiyans you use. You can use a monstrous psychopath, a fetus, and two bratty kids, and it still works. To top it all off, you can apparently keep that power forever. There's literally no reason not to do this with everyone, especially since Bra should be born soon. Of course, if they did that, then everyone would start wondering why the hell Goku is so special, when SSG Vegeta would be just as strong and SSG Gotenks would be so much stronger as to render the latter two completely irrelevant. Or, better yet, make SSG Vegetto.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:31 pm

I wonder if Abo and Kado will make an appearance, or at least be mentioned or alluded to.