Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Freeza's soul not being purified due to the bureaucracy being backed up would be hilariously fitting of such a business-like affair.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 pm

I like the theory that Frieza's soul was put aside in case Whis doesn't find a better successor for Beerus.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:20 pm

There's a simple explanation for any inconsistencies like Freeza not being purified and reincarnated by now, which is that everything in the Dragon Ball universe is dependent on the imagination and memory of Tori-bot, the God of the entire Dragon Ball multi-verse, and if he forgets about something it changes. The characters are even secretly aware of his existence, they just don't talk about it often...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:45 pm

So what did Freeza say in the Christmas message beyond "Merry Christmas."
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:00 pm

coola wrote:I probably nit-picking a little bit, but, shouldn't Freeza not being able to revive at all? Piccolo told Vegeta, that really evil being have their souls purified, memory reset, and they are reincarnated. Vegeta was special case so he could get back to life. I'm really curious about this movie, because so far, amount of bullshit is even higher than Episode of Bardock.
Maybe Toriyama will explain that some souls take longer for their souls be clean out and be reborn into a new life. I hope someone will ask this whenever AT gets another interview.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

I would almost think they'd have to touch on how Freeza is able to be revived, but then again, who knows. Hopefully at least something is noted somewhere, even if not in the movie proper.

On another tangent, on the note of cop Kuririn...it just occurred to me what a morbidly hilarious occupation that is for him, considering he's married to #18...and we all know how her last meeting with cops went.

...I also really want fan art of Kuririn having to join in chasing down the still thieving Lunch. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Clearing up a few things from a few threads going as far back as November.

- I heard about the villain about halfway through this year along with other unreleased fun information but it's not my place to ruin the excitement for anyone and certainly not my place to betray the trust that Toei and Shueisha have bestowed upon me so I will not comment any further than that. I'm not interested in spreading confidential work information for a few Follows on Twitter etc. If there's anything I've said about the event that's unclear, I'm sorry but that's how I have to leave it. It's intentionally so to match the ambiguous Japanese. (***seriously, the hell I had to go through with Sabo)

- kei17, it's a shame you don't like me when you don't even know me personally :( As a fellow Dragon Ball fan, I like you :)

- Julian, Yeah I know their names etc. have been revealed but I wasn't sure if they detailed that they were directly responsible for the resurrection of F which they stated clearly on stage. No, I haven't been devouring the public movie info (OP work consumes my soul) which is why I added a qualifier to that one.

- Julian, I'm very sad you didn't like my pun about the 1000 warriors (千人) and Kame(仙人). I mean seriously brah.

- Very sorry I couldn't live tweet/text etc. I fully intended to and the announcement beforehand said, "Do no operate smart phones.", so I figured with my iPad I was safe. Nope. With the Toei producers standing *right* next to me an older staff member asked me to put away my iPad when it started. I reminded him that the announcement said smart phones *and* I wasn't taking pictures but he asked me to put it away anyway. Sucks but I'm not gonna cause a scene at an event for kids.

- Luckily I brought my analog pad and pen but the pace of the voice actors is waaaay too fast to catch everything verbatim as I'm untrained in shorthand.

- I'm happy to provide details about the event if anyone has questions but please don't expect earth-shattering news. I'll probably comment on the stage event on the OPP as we all love DB but, as far as I can recall, the big news is already out there. Anything left over is how so-and-so interacted with so-and-so etc.

- Oh, it was AWESOME to hear Toriyama-sensei's letter read aloud on stage by Nozawa-san (iirc) when he addressed Oda-san as, "Oi, Oda Eiichiro!" That was badass.

That sums it up!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:32 am

omae no kaasan wrote:- I'm happy to provide details about the event if anyone has questions but please don't expect earth-shattering news. I'll probably comment on the stage event on the OPP as we all love DB but, as far as I can recall, the big news is already out there. Anything left over is how so-and-so interacted with so-and-so etc.
Only question I have is whether the supposed statement about Goku not using Super Saiyan throughout the whole film was something that was actually said, since you didn't mention it on Twitter.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:41 am

Hmmm...no comment on that. I'm sorry m(._.)m

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:50 am

Good enough as a confirmation for me. xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:56 am

Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:57 am

Greg! I have two questions if it's possible to answer either (if not, that's ok too, I understand.)

1) Were Trunks and Goten mentioned at all? I'm concerned about them not having appeared yet.

2) Grammatically, I've only seen "zetsubou" used in really dire situations on DBZ episode titles (like talking about Future Trunks home world). Is this a strong word or could it just be exaggeratedly used in place of being in a "big pinch"?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:05 am

1. As in being in the movie or not? To my recollection they were not mentioned however, their names might have been mentioned via banter I missed. Just covering my butt but whether their names came up or not speaks nothing to their presence/absence in the film.

2. Well...it's pretty severe. I'm not the best person to ask on this since I do not have episode titles memorized (personally I think kei and Julian could most accurately field this) so I couldn't accurately compare it to how it has/hasn't been used previously in the series, however, it's a usual 'catch' word for shonen material. It paints a very clear picture of an impossible situation which is exactly what we want our heroes to come out on top of. So while it's not very 'unique', it definitely instills a sense of dread and hopelessness.

At least in me.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:13 am

omae no kaasan wrote:1. As in being in the movie or not? To my recollection they were not mentioned however, their names might have been mentioned via banter I missed. Just covering my butt but whether their names came up or not speaks nothing to their presence/absence in the film.

2. Well...it's pretty severe. I'm not the best person to ask on this since I do not have episode titles memorized (personally I think kei and Julian could most accurately field this) so I couldn't accurately compare it to how it has/hasn't been used previously in the series, however, it's a usual 'catch' word for shonen material. It paints a very clear picture of an impossible situation which is exactly what we want our heroes to come out on top of. So while it's not very 'unique', it definitely instills a sense of dread and hopelessness.

At least in me.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

"Zetsubou" has only been used in DB(Z) episode titles for:
-The Trunks TV Special
-The Kaioshin flashback episode where Buu kills the other kaioshins
-A Future Trunks flashback episode about life in his era's world under 17 and 18's attacks

They're all really depressing/tragic episodes, which made me think this movie must have something like that in it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:14 am

omae no kaasan wrote:Clearing up a few things from a few threads going as far back as November.
Thanks for the coverage, man!

Think this is the first time you've been active here since I've been on the forum, although I've heard many stories about you across the inter-webs. Still trying to make my way through that four hour Unofficial One Piece Podcast special about your recent escapades. Why am I listening to that show? I'm only up to Skypiea...gotta love how the third suggestion for that arc on Google is, "Skypiea Arc Boring"...oh right, Dragon Ball...

I'm quite looking forward to finding out whether Freeza will actually die again in this movie. If I hadn't seen BOG I would've thought there'd be no question about it, but after the way that film went I'm not so sure. I get the feeling he'll be defeated through means other than brute strength though...or maybe he joins forces with the Z Warriors and they cruise through the universe together on his spaceship.

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:17 am

Chu, That's a very interesting and astute observation. This I can speak/speculate about because I have not read the script but since GT was kinda sorta obliterated by the last film (well, at least as far as I know from my location way over in the OP camp) I guess all bets are off to a reasonable degree, yeah? I'm as excited as you :)
although I've heard many stories about you across the inter-webs
Allow me to summarize:

Kid inspired by DBZ to spread DB info.
Starts to learn Japanese.
Writes an HTML webpage.
Becomes somewhat well-known after death of popular sites.
Goes through hell to obtain Daizenshuu.
Does shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitty translations.
Gets *way* too involved in edits (but hopefully that helped get people passionate).
Acts like a total dumbass in an iirc room of VIPs.
Makes some enemies because I'm still immature amongst HS senior or college-age young adults.
Goes to Japan, sees no DB merchandise and heart is broken.
Introduced to One Piece while in Japan.
Goes to college, grows the f up and realizes what mistakes he made as a kid.
Tries making up for it but Mike will never let him live it down (see forum title under sn) :roll:
Loves Dragon Ball.
Loves One Piece.
Love my wife above them all.
Currently living happily ever after.
Last edited by omae no kaasan on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:19 am

Thank you for posting, Greg. This is perhaps outside of your purview but if I might ask, would you happen to know any exact date as to when production began on the film at any stage?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:29 am

I have a rough idea but Toriyama-sensei may choose to comment on that (should there be an interview conducted for the release) and that's *usually* something that comes up in interviews so you might be able to look forward to an answer to that :)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:34 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:I'm quite looking forward to finding out whether Freeza will actually die again in this movie. If I hadn't seen BOG I would've thought there'd be no question about it, but after the way that film went I'm not so sure. I get the feeling he'll be defeated through means other than brute strength though...or maybe he joins forces with the Z Warriors and they cruise through the universe together on his spaceship.
Yeah, I'm really hoping this movie doesn't just boil down to "Freeza is brought to life again, killed again, the end" because obviously that would be a bit pointless. I know that BoG can arguably be summed up as "Beerus wakes up, goes back to sleep, the end" but at least with that we know Beerus is out there now. His existence adds something new and interesting to the DB universe (in my humble opinion). So I hope we get something like that with this movie, though I have no idea what it could be. Freeza turning good would be hard to swallow, but maybe him becoming a new God of Destruction and sticking around as a sort of necessary evil might be interesting. But really I just want this movie to be unlike anything we could possibly expect, and some of the early signs are encouraging in that regard (police officer Kuririn, for one).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:42 am

omae no kaasan wrote:I have a rough idea but Toriyama-sensei may choose to comment on that (should there be an interview conducted for the release) and that's *usually* something that comes up in interviews so you might be able to look forward to an answer to that :)
Thank you. We already know that he came to the idea of using Freeza thanks to Maximum the Hormone, so I suspect that might be what you're alluding to, but I'll leave you the wiggle room of not actually confirming or denying.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter