Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:37 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I'm really surprised Nozawa is past 80s. She looks like she's in mid-50.
I imagine she'd appear more her age if she stopped dying her hair. Though that would be weird....
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I'm really surprised Nozawa is past 80s. She looks like she's in mid-50.
I imagine she'd appear more her age if she stopped dying her hair. Though that would be weird....
Either that, or she must have been eating a lot of green veggies.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:45 pm

FatNagger69 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:The people who are upset about the new material must not have watched/read Dragon ball during it's original run.
This is how I feel as well. How could news like this be bad news?
This is the most Dragon Ball thing Toriyama's done in a long time.
A lot of people, especially fans that came up on the English dub during it's popularity in the west, perfer the more serious tone of Z to DB and a lot of people disliked BoG for this exact reason. This is a DBZ movie, not a DB movie after all. I'm personally fine with it as long as the overall tone of the film is a little less silly than BoG and there is plenty more action. I don't think there is anything wrong with people wanting a more DBZ tone in a DBZ movie.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:51 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
FatNagger69 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:The people who are upset about the new material must not have watched/read Dragon ball during it's original run.
This is how I feel as well. How could news like this be bad news?
This is the most Dragon Ball thing Toriyama's done in a long time.
A lot of people, especially fans that came up on the English dub during it's popularity in the west, perfer the more serious tone of Z to DB and a lot of people disliked BoG for this exact reason. This is a DBZ movie, not a DB movie after all. I'm personally fine with it as long as the overall tone of the film is a little less silly than BoG and there is plenty more action. I don't think there is anything wrong with people wanting a more DBZ tone in a DBZ movie.
So the same people who don't realize that DB is one single manga and never had a DB/DBZ split?
dbzfan7 wrote:
That's in line with the manga yes, I just find puff balls floating around in a bare plain to be a crappy after life. People with bodies get to do a lot more. I'd think the reincarnation cycle would just place someone on a better path or worse path depending on their previous life. If they lived a good life they'd get a better one each cycle til one day they're worthy to keep their body.
That sounds terrible to me. You have to choose your own actions in life, and you are what you become. If all you had to do to guarantee eternal happiness was just go through reincarnation enough times that you were guaranteed a good life because reincarnation automatically gets you a better one, that's a terrible moral.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:53 pm

singsing wrote:So the same people who don't realize that DB is one single manga and never had a DB/DBZ split?
They don't need to know. They can like something because they saw it and "oh hey that was cool I like it".

The administration team is not going to sit here anymore and deal with these "Well, I know shit, so I really know shit and my shit is more shit than your shit so NOT A REAL FAN!!!!!!!!!"

Enough is enough. You want to pull that, go elsewhere.

I know that's crazy coming from a site that covers the original Japanese version of the franchise above all else (and what at times probably feels like at the expense of what you might happen to like), but I would hope you can understand the difference here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:57 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Either that, or she must have been eating a lot of green veggies.
Maybe she found the elixir for immortality like Roshi did.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:04 pm

It would've been interesting to see this place's reaction to Buu being a fat, pink jolly, Bubblegum monster in 1993.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 pm

singsing wrote:
That sounds terrible to me. You have to choose your own actions in life, and you are what you become. If all you had to do to guarantee eternal happiness was just go through reincarnation enough times that you were guaranteed a good life because reincarnation automatically gets you a better one, that's a terrible moral.
I don't really agree. Reincarnation kills everything that makes you, you. Its the death of the conscience, memory and personality. For all intents and purposes, if you are bad, you will cease to exist as you are. The new person will have your soul but nothing that made an actual person, none of the memories, none of of the personality, nothing...

So, reincarnation, after spending an undetermined amount of time in hell, its not only a logical way of dealing with bad guys but also a real punishment. You are basically making them cease to exist.

Which is why I have trouble with the notion that good guys would also be reincarnated... What sort of reward is that? You are a good guy so your reward is to just cease to exist? Well, maybe after a few millennium or millions of years being around a person would find that notion attractive, but other than that it hardly seems a reward.

ScholarGohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by ScholarGohan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:07 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's not a drawn picture, but yes. We now have his full outfit:

Goku new outfit/boots DBO?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:09 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:It would've been interesting to see this place's reaction to Buu being a fat, pink jolly, Bubblegum monster in 1993.
Not a really good example because Buu, even in his Fat Buu version was disturbing when he wanted to (example: killing babidi like he did). And then we got plenty of other versions of Buu.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 pm

ScholarGohan wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's not a drawn picture, but yes. We now have his full outfit:
Goku new outfit/boots DBO?
Yeah, sort of looks that way. Though all these type of boots just remind me of alternate versions of the ones Trunks wore.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:It would've been interesting to see this place's reaction to Buu being a fat, pink jolly, Bubblegum monster in 1993.
I'm sure the reaction would be very colourful. :P

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Man, it's true?
https://twitter.com/WeeklySaiyan/status ... 1924280321

Frieza New Form in Fukkatsu no F
Last edited by Bonus Stage on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:36 pm

rereboy wrote:
Not a really good example because Buu, even in his Fat Buu version was disturbing when he wanted to (example: killing babidi like he did). And then we got plenty of other versions of Buu.
It's a perfectly fine example. We're not talking about "Buu after you've slightly gotten to know him" (because you're talking about at a point where you've already seen some shit go down)... we're talking about a theoretical "A design and MAYBE some basic story information is all you've seen and heard".

Same thing goes with any new production. That's not to say you're not entitled to some opinions, have some hesitant thoughts, and by all means still express them...

But let's not forget that a bug made by an old dude and a pink monster summoned by a short wrinkly dude were Toriyama's biggest bads ever. It's 2015. Perspective is OK to have! :)
Bonus Stage wrote:Man, it's true?

Freeza New Form in Fukkatsu no F
Someone has absolutely no idea what they're talking about, and/or are purposefully misleading people in hopes of extra traffic. That image comes from a Doraemon news story.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Man, it's true?

Freeza New Form in Fukkatsu no F
No, it's from Doraemon. Best not to rely on that weeklysaiyan person.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:Mr. Watanabe is the one to thank for all the Vegeta-wanking throughout the film.
The whole rage boost scene was Toriyama's idea, according to Watanabe.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Sorry guys. :oops:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Sorry guys. :oops:
No prob. We all make mistakes here. :thumbup:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

singsing wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:That's in line with the manga yes, I just find puff balls floating around in a bare plain to be a crappy after life. People with bodies get to do a lot more. I'd think the reincarnation cycle would just place someone on a better path or worse path depending on their previous life. If they lived a good life they'd get a better one each cycle til one day they're worthy to keep their body.
Doesn't sound worse to me than living in heaven as a puff ball cloud. That sounds like hell. Living for eternity as little puff sounds awful. Pretty sure the cycle has something to do with Buddhism. Basically a cycle til Nirvana is obtained. Nirvana in this case being a person who gets to keep their body I suppose.
rereboy wrote:I don't really agree. Reincarnation kills everything that makes you, you. Its the death of the conscience, memory and personality. For all intents and purposes, if you are bad, you will cease to exist as you are. The new person will have your soul but nothing that made an actual person, none of the memories, none of of the personality, nothing...

So, reincarnation, after spending an undetermined amount of time in hell, its not only a logical way of dealing with bad guys but also a real punishment. You are basically making them cease to exist.

Which is why I have trouble with the notion that good guys would also be reincarnated... What sort of reward is that? You are a good guy so your reward is to just cease to exist? Well, maybe after a few millennium or millions of years being around a person would find that notion attractive, but other than that it hardly seems a reward.
I can agree that does kind of suck, but I kinda don't get how cloud life is supposed to be paradise. Sounds extremely dull to live in a flower world without your body for eternity. Even with a body that would sound really boring.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 pm

A little late on this, but I really don't like how Goku's new boots look.
Though, they'll probably look a lot better animated.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」