Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarot9001
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kakarot9001 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:58 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:And I though GT sucked because Toriyama wasent involved much in it. Well i was wrong when Toriyama gets involved he completely makes gohan muscles disappear and turn them into sticks, i mean wtf? This looks completely not dragon ball.
Where do I sign? Man, Toriyama making Gohan looks like crap, a warrior that was supposed to be one of the strongests in Universe even though he is not into training stuff... He should keep with the same power level, but now he is a common Super Saiyan, the warrior who defetead Cell, fought many powerful foes now is likely to be beaten by mere soldiers, lame.
danielsan_190196 wrote:FOX is working on the "regionalization" or "location" of the film now because they want to release it as close as possible to the premiere in Japan

Link to the post

That why I like FOX they cares for their movies fans and they're trying the most to launch the movie for all the America Latina, where are the biggests fans of the series

Big Momma wrote:I love how people call Toriyama lazy.. .He's gone back and re-read his own series to make sure he's as accurate as he can be (Even if he's still seemed to have forgotten a few things here and there), and added all sorts of things to the Dragon Ball mythos we wouldn't have even imagined 10 years ago.

But, sure. Because Freeza's new form is a beefed up color swap (The type of simplicity we should be expecting anyway), he's lazy. Cool.
Are you serious? Toriyama is indeed lazy... Also you're saying that he "re-read his own series"? Well, I don't think so... Forgeting to change characters by their ages like Goten, Trunks and of course Marron. Forgeting about Bra, Gohan doesn't need SSJ anymore, Oob's power and some GT's facts... Toriyama is contradicting his own series with these new movies.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Their god powers should only affect the color of their auras, not their hair. SSJG looks stupid. Majority seems to agree...

Skinnier Vegeta with blue hair and eyes... plz no.
Yeah, he would be like a total fag with this "form".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I find it funny that people are calling this new form or evolution I should say "lazy", yet we had "lazy" things in the past, SS2, Buu's epic final form being a mere child? Mystic Gohan, Piccolo and fusing twice without a seemingly changing appearance and I hardly see people compain about them. I don't know why people are always expecting something grandiose, especially after SSG too. It is not "lazy" it is just the way he does things.
There's a difference between being lazy and being simple.

SSJ2 was simple, but definitely not lazy. It was subtle but if looked very good and everything about it made it obvious that it was an upgrade to SSJ1 but also unlike the grades we had seen before.

Kid Buu was also simple, but, yet again not lazy. It was subtle but it looked good and the juxtaposition between that Buu having a child's body and him being the most evil and troublesome of all Buus, made it work.

Mystic Gohan, was again simple and subtle. But once again it looked good, had little differences compared to Gohan's normal look and the whole idea of not needing transformations was refreshing then, especially in contrast to the over the top SSJ3 (Goku absorbing SSJG is this idea recycled, but without explaining what is the deal with Gohan nowadays and his mystic state, almost ignoring it).

And Piccolo's fusion doesn't involve a design change because it works more like absorbing someone than fusion.

Golden Freeza, however, it might be simple (is just a change in color scheme), but it doesn't look good and it isn't subtle. Furthermore, the idea behind it doesn't seem as good as the others. The only thing that can possibly justify it is the irony of Freeza having that color, after hating the SSJs, but I'm sure that Toriyama could have come up with a design that looked better and still had the irony.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

rereboy wrote:There's a difference between being lazy and being simple.

SSJ2 was simple, but definitely not lazy. It was subtle but if looked very good and everything about it made it obvious that it was an upgrade to SSJ1 but also unlike the grades we had seen before.

Kid Buu was also simple, but, yet again not lazy. It was subtle but it looked good and the juxtaposition between that Buu having a child's body and him being the most evil and troublesome of all Buus, made it work.

Mystic Gohan, was again simple and subtle. But once again it looked good, had little differences compared to Gohan's normal look and the whole idea of not needing transformations was refreshing then, especially in contrast to the over the top SSJ3 (Goku absorbing SSJG is this idea recycled, but without explaining what is the deal with Gohan nowadays and his mystic state, almost ignoring it).

And Piccolo's fusion doesn't involve a design change because it works more like absorbing someone than fusion.

Golden Freeza, however, it might be simple (is just a change in color scheme), but it doesn't look good and it isn't subtle. Furthermore, the idea behind it doesn't seem as good as the others. The only thing that can possibly justify it is the irony of Freeza having that color, after hating the SSJs, but I'm sure that Toriyama could have come up with a design that looked better and still had the irony.
Pretty much this. And for Piccolo, it was always stated that he will forever be the "base" for the assimilation, we don't know how fusion fully works in generally, but it looks like a single person can be the resulted of a fusion/assimilation.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:Yeah, he would be like a total fag with this "form".
Might wanna rephrase that statement.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:08 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Might wanna rephrase that statement.
Yeah, he would be total mess with this "form"*

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:10 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote:Yeah, he would be like a total fag with this "form".
Might wanna rephrase that statement.
Freaky alien genotype, what do you think he meant?
Kaiser, if you're reading this, don' t hurt me.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Big Momma wrote:I love how people call Toriyama lazy. The man released a chapter nearly every single week for nearly 10 years (Not counting Dr. Slump) Still came back occasionally to do small things for the series over the next ten years, and has recently "taken the helm" (so to speak) on these past two movies, re-writing scripts and helping with all sorts of Pre-Production/story things. He's gone back and re-read his own series to make sure he's as accurate as he can be (Even if he's still seemed to have forgotten a few things here and there), and added all sorts of things to the Dragon Ball mythos we wouldn't have even imagined 10 years ago.

But, sure. Because Freeza's new form is a beefed up color swap (The type of simplicity we should be expecting anyway), he's lazy. Cool.
Couldn't have said it any better, Big Momma.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:16 pm

He's more apathetic than lazy. Just doing his own thing, and enjoying it.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:He's more apathetic than lazy. Just doing his own thing, and enjoying it.
If someone is "apathetic", they're technically not enjoying what they're doing.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:He's more apathetic than lazy. Just doing his own thing, and enjoying it.
I meant towards consistency. Maybe I should have said indifferent.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I meant towards consistency. Maybe I should have said indifferent.
Again, if he was "apathetic", he'd have no interest in pleasing the fans, which is not the case because:

a) He's still providing more content for Dragon Ball.
b) He's trying to appease Dragon Ball fans in FnF by having Vegeta play a central role, Freeza no longer being treated as joke, the supporting actually doing something and having more fight scenes in general.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Again, if he was "apathetic", he'd have no interest in pleasing the fans, which is not the case because:

a) He's still providing more content for Dragon Ball.
b) He's trying to appease Dragon Ball fans in FnF by having Vegeta play a central role, Freeza no longer being treated as joke, the supporting actually doing something and having more fight scenes in general.
I mean he's indifferent about re-reading and maintaining consistency with the original source material. Not to say he isn't, to some extent, but he's creating new stuff without really any real regard if anything conflicts with what he originally wrote (e.g. SSJ Gohan or Mooks overpowering characters). He's just making what he feels is good. Nothing wrong with that.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Whatever design the new Freeza had, it would be such a small part of the overall work on the movie that I don't think it's anymore or less lazy if it turned out different. For what it's worth, I like the ridiculousness and garishness of this design, but in a way, maybe that means I like it because it's bad. I'm not sure, but it's pleasing to look at in all its silliness. At least it's gold, so it's like Super Saiyan Freeza. There are other equally garish color combinations that wouldn't have even made sense on that level.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:40 pm

I think I begin to like this form. It really reminds me of Perfect Cell's facial side colours. And I think this is per - wait for it - fect.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:41 pm

I kinda like how the name sounds like an award, or a type of sandwich. 'I'll have the golden freeza with fries and a shake.' :3
Last one that made me think sandwich name was Funi's "Supreme Kai'.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Would it look any better if the purple bits were black?

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Chuquita wrote:I kinda like how the name sounds like an award.
Did you mean... An oscar!?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Regarder wrote:Would it look any better if the purple bits were black?
Nah, it looks great the way it is.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Dyno wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I kinda like how the name sounds like an award.
Did you mean... An oscar!?

Golden Globe.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:05 pm

They're ripping off the "Golden = STRONK!" from Five Nights at Freddy's
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.