Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ZazamPow wrote:Were you guys really looking forward to Togoma that much? Is he the new Appule?
Considering he plays an integral part in the movie happening in the first place, you'd figure he'd have a bigger role in the movie itself. But no. He's get's killed off like any other kind of Freeza army soldier. Which he technically is, but still. He's essentially become Raditz 2.0
Is that really a bad thing? True, him and Sorbet were some of the first names thrown around back when the film was announced as major characters, so it's surprising that he was killed off, but that's all he was: a name. If he appeared in a few chapters of the prequel manga and turned out to be a really awesome and interesting character, then him getting killed off like fodder would be bad, but as it stands who cares if he isn't in the film?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman. Pointless. Do I know what his role in the movie is? Of course not. But I can't help butlook at something like that as a shameless ploy for merchandishing. Let's shoe in a character that has absolutely no relevance to the story and see where it goes.... because everything Toriyama shits out MUST be pure gold, right? Can we work in the craptacular DragonBall Minus somehow while we're at it?
I take it you didn't read Jaco? Most people really enjoyed it and from what I've seen it did pretty well, so it doesn't really need any merchandising ploys. They put him in the film because he's a new Toriyama addition to the universe, and because a lot of people (Myself, included) would love to see him animated.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Big Momma wrote:a lot of people (Myself, included) would love to see him animated.
Yes. The same goes for Gine. :roll:

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman. Pointless. Do I know what his role in the movie is? Of course not. But I can't help butlook at something like that as a shameless ploy for merchandishing. Let's shoe in a character that has absolutely no relevance to the story and see where it goes.... because everything Toriyama shits out MUST be pure gold, right? Can we work in the craptacular DragonBall Minus somehow while we're at it?
I think Toriyama is trying to make DB Minus canon by introducing Jaco to the movie, he can't be serious...

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:16 pm

Jaco did OK, but it wasn't exactly a big breakout success. So him being in the movie feels more like Toriyama putting him in because he happens to like Jaco, rather than some big marketing ploy. Even the little merchandise they did actually make for Jaco ended up focusing more on the DB characters in it rather than Jaco himself.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Okay, I'm kind of hyped for this movie, but I also have some problems with it.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'm very confused as to why Shenron couldn't just revive Freeza in his original body? Krillin was blown to bits and he got completely revived with no issues. Is this a limitation of Earth's dragon balls?

What was that nonsense in hell, where Freeza was having nightmares as well? I thought when baddies died, they were just turned into spirits and reborn into different beings?

Other than that, the setting looks promising and I enjoy the fan service. It's nothing original, but looks like it's going to be at least entertaining to watch, since Toriyama said he would increase the action scenes considerably. As for Freeza's new form - colour me impressed. :P I like the style and look of it.

Well, now we'll just have to wait and see what this movie turns out to be. BoG was the biggest disappointment in the franchise for me so far. Hoping this one redeems itself!
Last edited by BobZ on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Dyno wrote:
Big Momma wrote:a lot of people (Myself, included) would love to see him animated.
Yes. The same goes for Gine. :roll:
Kakarot9001 wrote:
I think Toriyama is trying to make DB Minus canon by introducing Jaco to the movie, he can't be serious...
Jaco and DB Minus, despite being created together, are two separate stories. You can have one without having the other.
Jaco did OK, but it wasn't exactly a big breakout success. So him being in the movie feels more like Toriyama putting him in because he happens to like Jaco, rather than some big marketing ploy. Even the little merchandise they did actually make for Jaco ended up focusing more on the DB characters in it rather than Jaco himself.
Ah, understood then. Still, I'm excited to see him on the big screen! :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:21 pm

I wonder if fans complained when Goku went SSJ for the first time since it's nothing but a re-colour.

Or when Gohan went SSJ2 when the only difference is the hair getting spikier.

Or if they whined about how stupid SSJ3 looks with the no eyebrows and Raditz's hair.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Dyno wrote:
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Golden Freeza. I don't have a problem with the form, necessarily, even if I think it shows a lack of creativity. But why do we need to have Freeza at all? Why can't it be something new? Why do we have to rehash the same thing over and over? I get that Freeza is one of those Names in DragonBall that will fill theater seats, but having him come back from nowhere like this and end up able to rival the strongest characters in the series just feels like asspull to replace the lack of a better idea.
*Stand up and :clap: *

Freeza's return is fan-service. He wouldn't return if Toriyama didn't have listened to Maximum the Hormone's song. Besides being a fan-service, if he dies, it concretizes that Freeza only got back to please a certain amount of fans. Bringing him back is pointless. He has appeared so many times, and it doesn't matter all those times are filler/non-canon/side-story, he appeared in the screen over and over after his death by Trunks' hand and all of those come backs count.
What is so wrong with bringing back an iconic villain to please fans? You say it's pointless, but yet the piint is also in your post: it pleases fans. Dragon Ball is made to entertain (and to make money), and if a lot of fans like Frieza, then seeing him return is accomplishing both parts of the agenda. And I love that Frieza is coming back.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:23 pm

BobZ wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'm very confused as to why Shenron couldn't just revive Freeza in his original body? Krillin was blown to bits and he got completely revived with no issues. Is this a limitation of Earth's dragon balls?
I think Freeza was still alive when he got sliced. If I am correct, then Freeza would return in pieces. I think this is the "logical" Toriyama (or Toyotaro, as we seen this only in the manga, not in/by the movie/Toriyama).

Kuririn, on the other hand, died instantly, he was blown from inside to outside. But I might be wrong.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:
Toriyama can choose to include whatever he feels is worthy into the Dragon Ball universe any way he pleases. Considering, ya know, he created the Dragon Ball universe.
Dyno wrote:I think Freeza was still alive when he got sliced. If I am correct, then Freeza would return in pieces. I think this is the "logical" Toriyama (or Toyotaro, as we seen this only in the manga, not in/by the movie/Toriyama).

Kuririn, on the other hand, died instantly, he was blown from inside to outside. But I might be wrong.
Krillin died instantly from being blown up. Freeza died instantly from being cut to pieces.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Dyno wrote:
BobZ wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'm very confused as to why Shenron couldn't just revive Freeza in his original body? Krillin was blown to bits and he got completely revived with no issues. Is this a limitation of Earth's dragon balls?
I think Freeza was still alive when he got sliced. If I am correct, then Freeza would return in pieces. I think this is the "logical" Toriyama (or Toyotaro, as we seen this only in the manga, not in/by the movie/Toriyama).

Good logic, actually. I'll take it!

Now that just leaves the scenes in Hell...

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Abel Taylor wrote:What is so wrong with bringing back an iconic villain to please fans? You say it's pointless, but yet the piint is also in your post: it pleases fans. Dragon Ball is made to entertain (and to make money), and if a lot of fans like Freeza, then seeing him return is accomplishing both parts of the agenda. And I love that Freeza is coming back.
I already mentioned. He has already return a lot of times, don't know if them were to please the fans, but he has. And yes, Dragon Ball is made to entertain but in the creator's way, not by "popular demand" or just "popularity".

Okay, I want Bardock to get back, will he ever appear again? No. Then...

And I should note yet again Bardock won't appear again for a stupid reason, the same reason that blocks Freeza to return, but hey... He is here.
Lord Beerus wrote:Freeza died instantly from being cut to pieces.
Can you prove that?
Last edited by Dyno on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:30 pm

SSJGFrieza wrote:I wonder if fans complained when Goku went SSJ for the first time since it's nothing but a re-colour.

Or when Gohan went SSJ2 when the only difference is the hair getting spikier.

Or if they whined about how stupid SSJ3 looks with the no eyebrows and Raditz's hair.
You know, fans keep referring to this new form as JUST a recolor but that's not actually true. His face and head are very different as are a few other things. I'd recolor him in his original colors to further exhibit my point but I'm not at home on my PC and can't access Photoshop. But it really is a different design. Even if only slightly. His face is very different though.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Krillin died instantly from being blown up. Freeza died instantly from being cut to pieces.
Maybe he didn't die when he was cut into pieces? Given that he's able to be alive and in pieces in FnF, and surviving getting cut into (much larger) sections on Namek, I wouldn't think it's too far fetched.
Last edited by Big Momma on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Krillin died instantly from being blown up. Freeza died instantly from being cut to pieces.
Maybe he didn't die when he was cut into pieces? Given that he's able to be alive and in pieces in FnF, and surviving getting clue into (much larger) sections on Namek, I wouldn't think it's too far fetched.
This seems to be the case. He certainly seemed fine being cut in half while talking to Goku. Bet Krillin wouldn't be able to talk after being cut in half.

Gold_Jacobson

Post by Gold_Jacobson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Dyno wrote:
Abel Taylor wrote:What is so wrong with bringing back an iconic villain to please fans? You say it's pointless, but yet the piint is also in your post: it pleases fans. Dragon Ball is made to entertain (and to make money), and if a lot of fans like Freeza, then seeing him return is accomplishing both parts of the agenda. And I love that Freeza is coming back.
I already mentioned. He has already return a lot of times, don't know if them were to please the fans, but he has. And yes, Dragon Ball is made to entertain but in the creator's way, not by "popular demand" or just "popularity".

Okay, I want Bardock to get back, will he ever appear again? No. Then...

And I should note yet again Bardock won't appear again for a stupid reason, the same reason that blocks Freeza to return, but hey... He is here.
Well, Bardock did just get his own special where he went SSJ. So, he does get the attention.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 pm

GokuRules987 wrote: Did you even see the first poster of fukatsu no F and the first teaser?
Goku is super saiyan in that form and i dont see vegeta anywhere. More false hopes, Btw vegeta isnt really that popular in japan among dbz fans so i wouldnt put any hopes on him that he would be the one that defeats Freeza.
Of course, I saw it. Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about.

1- Its just a teaser and promotional art. Just like BOG, that scene won't even appear in the movie
2- Goku is the main character. If they want to advertise something, they will use him.
3- Toriyama said he wanted to give Vegeta the main role next time. Didn''t confirmed anything but as far I know, he's the one that decides in the end.
4- Read the other three again.

:thumbup:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:22 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote: Did you even see the first poster of fukatsu no F and the first teaser?
Goku is super saiyan in that form and i dont see vegeta anywhere. More false hopes, Btw vegeta isnt really that popular in japan among dbz fans so i wouldnt put any hopes on him that he would be the one that defeats Freeza.
Of course, I saw it. Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about.

1- Its just a teaser and promotional art. Just like BOG, that scene won't even appear in the movie
2- Goku is the main character. If they want to advertise something, they will use him.
3- Toriyama said he wanted to give Vegeta the main role next time. Didn''t confirmed anything but as far I know, he's the one that decides in the end.
4- Read the other three again.

:thumbup:
To be fair, someone also said that Battle Of Gods was going to be centered around Goten and Trunks and be from their POV. That didn't really end up that way in the final cut.