Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarot9001
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:46 pm

I still find surreal to think that Freeza could actually kill a SSJ3 Gotenks :sick:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:I still find surreal to think that Freeza could actually kill a SSJ3 Gotenks :sick:
SSJ3 Vegito you mean.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 pm

bleed0range wrote:Why thank you for saying my idea was legitimately funny. lol. But it's literally just regurgitating what the movies always do. So that's my point it's kind of like, nothing new ... at this point. That's likely all it would be so I'd rather see something I couldn't have just guessed on the spot based on something that they essentially have done before in the past 20 years.

I DO think the reasoning for it is kind of lame. But hey, it is what it is. It may not even be an accurate translation of what was said or the movie may expand on it.
Well we have Freeza coming back for the 6th time, so we're really already doing that. Besides we could have humour between Gotenks, Gohan, Piccolo, and anyone who's around them. Gotenks could be thinking about cool stuff while some minions try to jump him. He easily dispatches them and Piccolo chirps him out for not being serious. It'd be like the Boo arc dynamic again. It's fun and silly. Perhaps Gotenks will say he'll beat up Freeza, but a stern look from everyone will make him back down as everyone is looking at him like he's being too stupid.

Perhaps, but I'm ok with people saying the reasoning is fine enough for them. Personally I feel a lot of ideas they are using for this movie are genuinely good. It's just I feel a little more careful thought woudn't hurt. I hate the parts in the manga without this thought too.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:49 pm

It's amazing how some people are complaining about Characters not being in the movie even though the old movies they defend did the same thing in a worse way.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:50 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
It would have played out exactly the same way as it does in my mind. Which makes it boring
OR....Freeza sees Goten and thinks of Goku. Same with Trunks. And Freeza loses his shit and beats the SHIT outta both of them. Promoting everyone to attack . Then have Goten and Trunks attempt fusion but Freeza prevents it.

If Goten and Trunks appear because my hopes are gone. I'll point out every flaw Goten has and shave.
Yeah there is the alternative that is unlikely where Freeza sees them and thinks back. But unless Trunks was actually TEEN trunks, I don't think he would actually mistake him for the same Trunks who cut him in half. They still looked like children a year before this after all. I also think Freeza knows the difference between Goten and Goku and isn't dumb enough to not figure out that that is Goku's child. It's an amusing idea, but I think it really only works for Trunks and only works if Trunks is old enough to look like he did when he sliced up Freeza.

THAT would have been pretty great though. I agree. I'd enjoy to see a teenage Trunks join in the fight and Freeza think it's the exact same one as before and get super angry and kill him. But given BOG, it doesn't seem likely that either of them would look or act that old because like a year or so before they were still little children in appearance and in personality.

So it would probably still have played out like usual.

The only way to make those two interesting would be to show them as having grown up a little.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:51 pm

If you're talking about the "final" blow, that was Goku. After Gotenks got cocky and was nearly caught off guard by a blast, which he deflected and almost blew the gang up.

They spend a lot of their time trying to look cool and come up with attack names. Even unfused they didn't really take Piccolo's training seriously the entire time.
No...I'm talking about Gotenks punching the guy to the water. And that scene was gag(throwing the attack to the gang).

Let's see over confidence? You mean like Vegeta, Ten, Yamcha, and Gohan have shown. Gotenks fucked up. So did their the people I mentioned. What's the difference. Why are they given a pass? They took Piccolo training seriously after Chi Chi died.
It's amazing how people complain about some Characters not being in the movie even though the old movies they defend did the same thing in a worse way.
I bashed movies with terrible character usage. I ain't making an exception here. In fact it's WORSE because the longer Toei movies used lots of characters yet BoG and seem like RF are 1 hour and aren't as diverse with their characters.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I did ask the question earlier the former if anyone could at least say this could be handled better. I'm ok with people saying they're fine with this reasoning, but I wonder if anyone really thinks they couldn't have come up with another simple reason.
Prior to the revelation of what they're doing, I'd kicked around the idea that everyone so far unseen was off screen fighting Freeza minions somewhere else. That would be a much better explanation, in my opinion.

And honestly, if we really don't end up seeing Goten and Trunks fighting in the film, I'm just going to assume that they said "fuck you mom/Bulma" and went and did just that, off screen. That would make more sense than "we were told to not fight, and we didn't". The only thing that would throw a wrench in that is if they're later completely oblivious to the events surrounding the invasion, or if it was revealed that they in fact just didn't fight.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Bullza wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote:I still find surreal to think that Freeza could actually kill a SSJ3 Gotenks :sick:
SSJ3 Vegito you mean.
Yeah that too, but I was imagining something like One Hit K.O

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Bullza wrote:
SSJ3 Vegito you mean.
SSJ3 Vegetto doesn't exist in canon.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Given that Whis is a time traveller... What if he was the one who caught Bardock and teleported him to the past, just before Planet Vegeta's explotion in "The Episode of Bardock"? It would be interesting to link everything this way.
Last edited by MrKaytos on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:54 pm

sintzu wrote:It's amazing how some people are complaining about Characters not being in the movie even though the old movies they defend did the same thing in a worse way.
It wasn't that long ago that people were upset that the series had put all focus on saiyans and SSJ... and now ONE movie tries to kind of give it that feel the series had before it became like that and everyone wants two joke characters (which is what they are as kids for the most part) to appear for humorous purposes. Considering a lot of people also wanted the tone to be a bit more serious with a real threat... it's just you can't please everybody.

The movie will be good whether they appear or not. It'd be good with them there too, I'm sure. But that's not the movie we are getting so why be so upset? Goten and Trunks even got their own movie once (that sucks for the most part). Imagine how much people would flip out if that sort of thing happened now? I shutter at the thought. You think this thread is negative? Imagine a thread dedicated to the bio-broly movie as news came out.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Zombie wrote:
Bullza wrote:
SSJ3 Vegito you mean.
SSJ3 Vegetto doesn't exist in canon.
That's besides the point. He could still kill him.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Zephyr wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I did ask the question earlier the former if anyone could at least say this could be handled better. I'm ok with people saying they're fine with this reasoning, but I wonder if anyone really thinks they couldn't have come up with another simple reason.
Prior to the revelation of what they're doing, I'd kicked around the idea that everyone so far unseen was off screen fighting Freeza minions somewhere else. That would be a much better explanation, in my opinion.

And honestly, if we really don't end up seeing Goten and Trunks fighting in the film, I'm just going to assume that they said "fuck you mom/Bulma" and went and did just that, off screen. That would make more sense than "we were told to not fight, and we didn't". The only thing that would throw a wrench in that is if they're later completely oblivious to the events surrounding the invasion, or if it was revealed that they in fact just didn't fight.
This sounds good. I can't imagine them twiddling their thumbs in the background.
bleed0range wrote:It wasn't that long ago that people were upset that the series had put all focus on saiyans and SSJ... and now ONE movie tries to kind of give it that feel the series had before it became like that and everyone wants two joke characters (which is what they are as kids for the most part) to appear for humorous purposes.
We really just want a good reason. If the humans were in the forefront for screen time, and Goten and Trunks were mentioned fighting off mooks in the cities (They don't need to be shown) I'm cool with that. Humans get screen time, and the boys are just told to twiddle their thumbs.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 pm

You say that he wasn't screwing around anymore yeah... but he failed to stop Buu. He just wasn't able to. And it doesn't matter anyway because he still did screw around which means he's an idiot. If he wasn't then that wouldn't have been a factor in the first place. Not defending the movie, just saying it makes perfect sense to me. I've never seen the kids actually do anything useful.

And yes they beat down on Abo and Cado, but I'm pretty sure Goku and Vegeta saw that they may get the earth blown up if they didn't step in so they did before it was too late. Not just for themselves but because they didn't think the kids might stop it in time due to their lack of experience. Abo and Cado were never a real threat though, that's why they let them fight them anyway... just as "training." They were ready to jump in and stop it when it became a real threat. That's the equivalent of teaching a child how to ride a bike or something and letting them go but being there in case they fall.

They're still children when it gets down to it. And they're not the brightest bunch.
So? He didn't fail to stop Buu through any fault of his own. He was strong enough and devoted enough. Buu just had great stamina and was rather clever. If you put Goku into that situation, he gets tortured to death. If you put him in that situation but give him a power level equal to Gotenks' first, the exact same thing happens as when Gotenks fought him. To completely ignore context and comparisons in favor of just saying "they didn't beat the most formidable villain in the entire manga, therefore they're useless and worth less than frakking Tenshinhan" is just silly.

Then you were not paying attention. Without Gotenks to fight him, Buu would have simply blown up the Earth. Bam, series over, Super Buu wins. There's also Trunks saving Vegeta by kicking fatso away, though that was ultimately pointless because Vegeta sucks.

I don't remember anything about the planet being in danger of getting blown up. Actually, when we actually saw those blasts connect, they clearly had their power compressed to only affect a tiny area, e.g. wrecking buildings instead of the planet. Gotenks would have one-shotted Abocado. Goku just wanted to have fun, and honestly, Goku and Vegeta are both faaaaaaaar more guilty of screwing around at bad times than Gotenks is.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:00 pm

bleed0range wrote:It's just you can't please everybody.
The only thing that will please some of these "fans" will be the movie failing on every level.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:01 pm

So Roshi was only there because he was delivering Senzu beans and decided to fight. Not because he was deemed stronger. At least that bit of complaining is gone :roll:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:01 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:This sounds good. I can't imagine them twiddling their thumbs in the background.
I came up with two other ones, but I don't think they're quite as good:

They were shoved into the RoSaT under the guise of "super secret training" so they couldn't sense anything.

or

Bulma told them that everyone's off training together (hence the huge ki flares), but the boys are becoming more interested in girls than fighting, so they just took her word for it and went with Yamcha to pick up chicks instead.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Zephyr wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:This sounds good. I can't imagine them twiddling their thumbs in the background.
I came up with two other ones, but I don't think they're quite as good:

They were shoved into the RoSaT under the guise of "super secret training" so they couldn't sense anything.

or

Bulma told them that everyone's off training together (hence the huge ki flares), but the boys are becoming more interested in girls than fighting, so they just took her word for it and went with Yamcha to pick up chicks instead.
Wouldn't they see the millions of Freeza's men in the air? Also wouldn't they sense other ki besides z warrior ki.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
bleed0range wrote:It's just you can't please everybody.
The only thing that will please some of these "fans" will be the movie failing on every level.
Fuck guys...they discovered our secret mission to hate on Dragon Ball. Damn it our plan was full proof. We just wanted to really hate a movie, and get Toriyama replaced. That's exactly what every one of us totally wants. Damn it the plan is ruined...I guess we should just stop complaining about anything and mention how awesome everything in the manga was too.

Different opinions...nah....we're just unknown parasite creatures who want to take down the Dragon Ball fandom. We don't just want what's best for Dragon Ball, to socialize, or have our own opinions. We just want the fall of Dragon Ball. That's what all skeptics want.

Seriously we all want good things for Dragon Ball. Some of us are happy and some of us are not. It's impossible to please everyone and that is the truth.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gold_Jacobson

Post by Gold_Jacobson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Some of you guys won't ever make it to the release of the movie because you are going to have a heart-attack caused by irrational anger to newly released information.

Besides complaints about "Weak Gohan", I didn't see anyone mention that we now have confirmation on how Ultimate/Mystic Gohan works.
It now seems to be canonically confirmed that Old Kai brought Gohan beyond his limits, however he would lose that power if he didn't train.
This shouldn't be surprising since that is exactly how it works in the real world. Doesn't matter if you were the best a few years ago, if you don't train, you are going to lose it.

Overall, I think it's great to get closure on how the powerup worked. Obviously, some people still think that it was a permanent powerup... This seems to prove that isn't the case.