Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:44 am

rereboy wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:I find it weird that some people consider the blue-haired Super Saiyan as a "new transformation", saying "why do we have to have a new transformation when we already had SSG last time?".
It is merely an update of the very same Super Saiyan form, a side effect that has changed its appearance due to having Godly energy flowing in your body now.

It is not meant to be a new transformation, it is meant to be an update of the Super Saiyan look to convey the fact that their inner energy has changed because they are now in touch with a new Godly realm.
It's as if you added a blue colorant to vodka: you're not going to consider this a new beverage, it's just vodka with something added that has altered its color (or lack thereof), but it's certainly not "another new drink".
Using that logic, you could say SSJ2 is an update on SSJ1, since its basically the same thing, only a few details changed in its appearence because they are now in touch with a new SSJ realm.
But SSJ2 is an update on SSJ1. SSJ2 is lazy design. The only time it looks anywhere near cool is when Gohan uses it against Cell.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:51 am

No, it's only your mere opinion. And by the way, there is a thread specifically for Super Saiyan 2.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:57 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
saunasolmu wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote: (Raditz saying that Goku was sent to Earth to destroy it, Raditz remembering Goku as an infant, while he was sent to Earth as 3 years old kid, Raditz telling Goku about Oozaru transformation and the moon, while in DBM Gine and Bardock warned him about it and told, that they would warn Raditz too).
That part isn't a contradiction if you actually read Jaco, rather than only the DB Minus chapter. Everyone else seems to think that Goku was sent to conquer the planet. It's only Bardock and his wife that know the real reason.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:00 am

Neon Z wrote: That part isn't a contradiction if you actually read Jaco, rather than only the DB Minus chapter. Everyone else seems to think that Goku was sent to conquer the planet. It's only Bardock and his wife that know the real reason.
Yet, Goku needed to suffer brain damage to become a good boy, otherwise he would grow up and conquer the planet.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:02 am

rereboy wrote:
Neon Z wrote: That part isn't a contradiction if you actually read Jaco, rather than only the DB Minus chapter. Everyone else seems to think that Goku was sent to conquer the planet. It's only Bardock and his wife that know the real reason.
Yet, Goku needed to suffer brain damage to become a good boy, otherwise he would grow up and conquer the planet.
probably just amnesia. He was likely pissed because of the new enviroment

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:06 am

Cold Skin wrote:I find it weird that some people consider the blue-haired Super Saiyan as a "new transformation", saying "why do we have to have a new transformation when we already had SSG last time?".
It is merely an update of the very same Super Saiyan form, a side effect that has changed its appearance due to having Godly energy flowing in your body now.

It is not meant to be a new transformation, it is meant to be an update of the Super Saiyan look to convey the fact that their inner energy has changed because they are now in touch with a new Godly realm.
It's as if you added a blue colorant to vodka: you're not going to consider this a new beverage, it's just vodka with something added that has altered its color (or lack thereof), but it's certainly not "another new drink".
Exaclty what I was thinking as well. I dont think the blue haired ssj1 is a new form but a side effect after consuming "god ki"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:09 am

jcogginsa wrote: probably just amnesia. He was likely pissed because of the new enviroment
Amnesia is brain damage. And its very clear in the manga that he wasn't just pissed at his new environment. Minus is just kind of inconsistent.

Goku's backstory in the manga was basically the anti-Superman story, meaning that it was the Superman story turned upside down and only with an incredible stroke of luck, Goku turned out to be a force of good instead of evil. Minus takes that and retcons it into, quite literally, the Superman story.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:17 am

So that means that Bardock and Gine didn't contact Raditz, while they said they would? And it still doesn't change Raditz seeing Goku being older than infant. Why did he remember him as an infant then?
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:17 am

rereboy wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: probably just amnesia. He was likely pissed because of the new enviroment
Amnesia is brain damage. And its very clear in the manga that he wasn't just pissed at his new environment. Minus is just kind of inconsistent.

Goku's backstory in the manga was basically the anti-Superman story, meaning that it was the Superman story turned upside down and only with an incredible stroke of luck, Goku turned out to be a force of good instead of evil. Minus takes that and retcons it into, quite literally, the Superman story.
Which i really hate. Goku shouldn't be Superman.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:23 am

rereboy wrote:

Goku's backstory in the manga is that he was found in the woods by Grandpa Gohan. Later he was told that he was sent to Earth to conquer it. Minus didn't contradict any of this. We just now know the real story. We now know that he was actually sent to Earth under the disguise to conquer it because it was to save his life.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:25 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
rereboy wrote:

Which i really hate. Goku shouldn't be Superman.
Goku is Goku Superman is Superman, no matter how stupid Goku is I'm sure he wont make the same mistake as showing of his briefs while wearing a cape that barely knows how to kick and got his powers for free with no training.

Friezaa!

Post by Friezaa! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:29 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:I hope that they will leak some scenes soon enough just like last time with Battle of Gods (Goku SSJ3 Vs Beerus, Beerus Vs Z-fighters).
I hope so as well. As for now we didn't even see Blue SSJG :( So it is hard to tell how it looks in an actual movie.
http://t02.deviantart.net/YLISR4lR-V_CH ... 8o7yh3.png
F-F-FFRIEEEEEZZAAAA!!!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:36 am

fexus wrote:
rereboy wrote:

Goku's backstory in the manga is that he was found in the woods by Grandpa Gohan. Later he was told that he was sent to Earth to conquer it. Minus didn't contradict any of this. We just now know the real story. We now know that he was actually sent to Earth under the disguise to conquer it because it was to save his life.
The telling of Goku's backstory was expositional in nature and was told to the benefit of the characters but also to the reader, aka it was the "real" story.

Minus is a retcon of that story but it doesn't do a good enough job at retconning it because it leaves inconsistent things unanswered, like why would then Goku need brain damage to become a good boy, and it retcons it for no worthwhile purpose.

So, Minus not only replaces the original story with an inferior one for no good reason, but it fails at doing it without leaving behind some inconsistencies unanswered.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:42 am

Piririn wrote:
My biggest issue with the movie is Goku and Vegeta's behavior at the end. The Earth is destroyed due to their immaturity, and yet neither of them really learns anything from it. They just go back to the same childish and petty behavior, like all those deaths were no big deal. When I heard (pre-summary) that Freeza destroys Earth, I thought Goku would be deeply affected by the consequences of his actions. But neither he nor Vegeta appear to care much about the fiery deaths they condemned a planetful of people to. I thought they'd regret what they'd done and realize, at the end, the need to take threats more seriously and work in tandem. But even though their own children died, they're still unwilling to fight together.

Their efforts to protect Earth in the last movie, their willingness to set aside pride for what's really important, seems to have been forgotten. Vegeta, especially, is out of character. He was willing to make a fool of himself to protect Earth in BoG, but now...? It's like his development and maturity took ten steps backwards.

I can accept a generic story. I'd hoped for much more, but it's amazing just having new material. OOC stuff, though, ruins it.
I have to agree with this.
that makes all of Whis efforts in trying to train them useless... since they don't want to change their actitudes. (I wonder if Whis has a reaction to them agreeing in not working together)

I can see why Vegeta reacted like that since he didn't experienced it.
It had to be Goku the one that convinced him but failed and joined the other side... :|
This now sounds like Doraemon...
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:43 am

rereboy wrote:
The telling of Goku backstory was expositional in nature and was told to the benefit of the characters but also to the reader, aka it was the "real" story.

Minus is a retcon of that story but it doesn't do a good enough job at retconning it because it leaves inconsistent things unanswered, like why would then Goku need brain damage to become a good boy.

So, Minus not only replaces the original story with an inferior one, but it fails at doing it without leaving behind some inconsistencies unanswered.
What expositional? Goku's backstory is still the same. He was sent to Earth under the guise to conquer it. Only Bardock and Gine knows the real truth. Also Goku is still a saiyan. His parents was one of the rare ones that actually care for their families. That doesn't mean they are good. I mean the first picture of Bardock we got in Minus was seeing Bardock killing people.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:49 am

fexus wrote:
rereboy wrote:
The telling of Goku backstory was expositional in nature and was told to the benefit of the characters but also to the reader, aka it was the "real" story.

Minus is a retcon of that story but it doesn't do a good enough job at retconning it because it leaves inconsistent things unanswered, like why would then Goku need brain damage to become a good boy.

So, Minus not only replaces the original story with an inferior one, but it fails at doing it without leaving behind some inconsistencies unanswered.
What expositional? Goku's backstory is still the same. He was sent to Earth under the guise to conquer it. Only Bardock and Gine knows the real truth. Also Goku is still a saiyan. His parents was one of the rare ones that actually care for their families. That doesn't mean they are good. I mean the first picture of Bardock we got in Minus was seeing Bardock killing people.
These were not people. Some evil monsters.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:51 am

Beerus-sama wrote:
Piririn wrote:
My biggest issue with the movie is Goku and Vegeta's behavior at the end. The Earth is destroyed due to their immaturity, and yet neither of them really learns anything from it. They just go back to the same childish and petty behavior, like all those deaths were no big deal. When I heard (pre-summary) that Freeza destroys Earth, I thought Goku would be deeply affected by the consequences of his actions. But neither he nor Vegeta appear to care much about the fiery deaths they condemned a planetful of people to. I thought they'd regret what they'd done and realize, at the end, the need to take threats more seriously and work in tandem. But even though their own children died, they're still unwilling to fight together.

Their efforts to protect Earth in the last movie, their willingness to set aside pride for what's really important, seems to have been forgotten. Vegeta, especially, is out of character. He was willing to make a fool of himself to protect Earth in BoG, but now...? It's like his development and maturity took ten steps backwards.

I can accept a generic story. I'd hoped for much more, but it's amazing just having new material. OOC stuff, though, ruins it.
I have to agree with this.
that makes all of Whis efforts in trying to train them useless... since they don't want to change their actitudes. (I wonder if Whis has a reaction to them agreeing in not working together)

I can see why Vegeta reacted like that since he didn't experienced it.
It had to be Goku the one that convinced him but failed and joined the other side... :|
This now sounds like Doraemon...
Gonna have to agree with that too, unless they make a sequel or just a manga special that shows Goku and Vegeta having an attitude change or else Frieza returning would just make no sense, I feel that AT purposely revived Frieza since he is by far the most ruthless villain dbz has imo. I just cant hate cell and buu but Frieza... We must see character development! but yeah this is dbz so I'm not getting my hopes up for a sequel with Goku and Vegi actually having a development from their mistake.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:52 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
fexus wrote:
rereboy wrote:

These were not people. Some evil monsters.
What do you mean evil? They were obviously trying to defend themselves from the incoming Saiyan army.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:58 am

fexus wrote: What expositional? Goku's backstory is still the same. He was sent to Earth under the guise to conquer it. Only Bardock and Gine knows the real truth. Also Goku is still a saiyan. His parents was one of the rare ones that actually care for their families. That doesn't mean they are good. I mean the first picture of Bardock we got in Minus was seeing Bardock killing people.
It's expositional, meaning that its something that it's in the manga for the reader to take at face value with no contradictions and it was the intent of the author for it to be the truth.

The story is clearly not the same. Originally, he was sent to conquer it and, thanks to a lucky blow, he became good. In Minus, he wasn't sent to conquer it. So, no, not the same.

Also, you didn't comment on the fact that:

a) the changes make the story worse;
b) it was changed for no good reason, and
c) it didn't do a good enough job at explaining inconsistencies.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:01 pm

fexus wrote: What do you mean evil? They were obviously trying to defend themselves from the incoming Saiyan army.

They looked like evil mindless beasts.
Marco Polo wrote: