Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic Tien
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 pm

fexus wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
GeeRod wrote:SSJ4 doesn't make any sense. How do you go through blonde and spiky hair to pinky fur and black hair? Goku is a kid and when he tranforms to SSJ4 he's an adult.
It actually makes a lot of sense, because saiyans are supposed to be monkeys, not some blonde guys. If anything, SSJ1-SSJ3 don't make any sense, because having your hair becoming blond and becoming longer in SSJ3 has nothing to do with Oozaru transformations and original concept of saiyans.
But getting pink fur and pants is. I bet there was a legend about a pink Oozaru wearing pants rampaging on planet Vegeta.
This one doesn't. But the whole concept with Golden Oozaru, fur and requirement of having tail to transform does.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Basaku wrote:
fexus wrote: So, getting spikier hair and lightning is a change but getting a skinnier body, different iris, fire aura and red hair is a colour swap.
Which one of these will look distinct in black&white manga format? There's no problem recognizing teen Gohan in SSJ1 and SSJ2 forms. Wanna try SSJG Goku?
Getting a skinnier body and a fire aura around you would look pretty distinct in black and white. Even the change of eyes would make a big difference as there are people that somehow notice the difference between Mystic Gohan and normal Gohan. But this is all useless because this isn't a manga. It's a movie. The only one where SSJ2 looks distinctly different is with Gohan when he was fighting Cell.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Basaku wrote:
fexus wrote: So, getting spikier hair and lightning is a change but getting a skinnier body, different iris, fire aura and red hair is a colour swap.
Which one of these will look distinct in black&white manga format? There's no problem recognizing teen Gohan in SSJ1 and SSJ2 forms. Wanna try SSJG Goku?
Sorry but what the hell does that have to do with anything? There is no Manga anymore and never will be. Pointless argument.
*Ahem* And Jaco? Who saw that coming? Anyone? Really?

Basically, never write off Toriyama's ability to throw a curve-ball, and be equally as predictably unpredictable as he is downright predictable. The man is consistently inconsistent.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:04 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
Basaku wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:SSJG had thought put into it
"How do I replace color in Photohop?". Pinnacle of creative process
Fiery Aura and slimmer body distinguishes it.
The Animators could barely tell SSJ1 & 2 apart.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Transformations will always be viewed differently by everyone. For me personally I don't like SSJ God and think it doesn't deserve to be called a Super Saiyan form, but also don't even call the Blue SSJ a true form since to me it's not a form. Blue SSJ is just Goku going Super Saiyan like usual, but his god ki affected the form. So to me it's not lazy cause it's not really a new form. Feels more like a state to me. Still doesn't seem that cool though.

For me a transformation should be something that changes someone enough that they are a lot harder to recognize. I like to take the whole scene from the beginning of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai as a reference. If Goku wasn't wearing that turban on his head, then his friends would easily know that this stranger was Goku. If SSJ God Goku was on sight, they'd know it's Goku just by looking at him. If SSJ Goku or any of his forms appeared, no one would recognize Goku. Hell in Battle of Gods no one could tell the difference on first glance of SSJ God.

But that's my opinion. Some people hate too much flash. Some people like overly simple. Some people like simple, with some changes, etc.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Yes . Only difference between SSJ1 and SSJ2 I saw was that hairs were straight or one hair in front and some lightning around them.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Basaku wrote:Even if you don't like it, there's a DESIGN in it. Effort and creeativity was poured into it, even if you consider final result not good. SSJG has no design. Changing color in Photoshop is not designing. The backstory is weak as well and Blue SSJ is introduced even worse.
SSJGod doesnt even have its own original backstory, its entire concept was just a mash up of the show's own cliches into one form. No effort whatsoever.
jcogginsa wrote:Dude, Toriyama's ALWAYS gone for simple designs in power ups. Super Saiyan is a dye job and a new hair cut, SSJ2 is lightning effects, SSJ3 is really long hair. Just because it's not a big change doesn't mean there was no effort put into it
A new hair cut is still a change. Its completely different from the base hair style and its just a visual metaphor for rage. Done. Simple thought but its there. SSJ3 is very distinct in comparison to the other forms as well. Really long hair, a slimmer face and protruding brow is still a noticable change.

SSJGod on the other hand doesnt even have its own original backstory, its entire concept was just a mash up of the show's own cliches into one form. No effort whatsoever.
fexus wrote:Do you know what I like about SSJ4? The fact that they got pink fur and suddenly got pants. I love that. Just thinking about how they must have grown the pants using their own hair is just amazing.
Sarcastic or not, I honestly really hate when people in general have to look for reasons to hate on SSJ4 that don't mean anything beyond reaching for something to nitpick.
"Oh, hez gaht pahntz nao; owt uv no-whair! dat maeks noo sense!!!!!!!!!!" Its like people who say that would rather see him fight naked, and a child with a hairy mane.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Blade wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Basaku wrote: Which one of these will look distinct in black&white manga format? There's no problem recognizing teen Gohan in SSJ1 and SSJ2 forms. Wanna try SSJG Goku?
Sorry but what the hell does that have to do with anything? There is no Manga anymore and never will be. Pointless argument.
*Ahem* And Jaco? Who saw that coming? Anyone? Really?

Basically, never write off Toriyama's ability to throw a curve-ball, and be equally as predictably unpredictable as he is downright predictable. The man is consistently inconsistent.
@bold part, that sums up Toriyama perfectly :lol: I guess you are right, but the original point I was trying it make was that SSG and BSS were made with the intent of being shown on film rather then printed on manga and because of that the argument Basaku was making is just silly.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:38 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Basaku wrote:Even if you don't like it, there's a DESIGN in it. Effort and creeativity was poured into it, even if you consider final result not good. SSJG has no design. Changing color in Photoshop is not designing. The backstory is weak as well and Blue SSJ is introduced even worse.
SSJGod doesnt even have its own original backstory, its entire concept was just a mash up of the show's own cliches into one form. No effort whatsoever.
jcogginsa wrote:Dude, Toriyama's ALWAYS gone for simple designs in power ups. Super Saiyan is a dye job and a new hair cut, SSJ2 is lightning effects, SSJ3 is really long hair. Just because it's not a big change doesn't mean there was no effort put into it
A new hair cut is still a change. Its completely different from the base hair style and its just a visual metaphor for rage. Done. Simple thought but its there. SSJ3 is very distinct in comparison to the other forms as well. Really long hair, a slimmer face and protruding brow is still a noticable change.

SSJGod on the other hand doesnt even have its own original backstory, its entire concept was just a mash up of the show's own cliches into one form. No effort whatsoever.
fexus wrote:Do you know what I like about SSJ4? The fact that they got pink fur and suddenly got pants. I love that. Just thinking about how they must have grown the pants using their own hair is just amazing.
Sarcastic or not, I honestly really hate when people in general have to look for reasons to hate on SSJ4 that don't mean anything beyond reaching for something to nitpick.
"Oh, hez gaht pahntz nao; owt uv no-whair! dat maeks noo sense!!!!!!!!!!" Its like people who say that would rather see him fight naked, and a child with a hairy mane.
SSJG is more orignal than all the other forms except the first SSJ

SSJ2: Me and Vegeta have Gohan's special power up now
SSJ3: I trained a lot and got long hair

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:50 pm

SSJ God does have a backstory. It's a form made from pure hearted saiyans.

So, a hair cut is a change but when you turn skinny, get different eyes, get fire aura and changing your hair colour to red it isn't.

Because SSJ4 doesn't make sense. Getting pink fur and pants doesn't make sense. Can't wait to hear the legend that doesn't make sense that comes with the pink fur and pants.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Basaku wrote:
We've gotten a glimpse of SSJG in manga form already.

Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SuperSaiyanQ

Post by SuperSaiyanQ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Zm1NK ... e=youtu.be
Super Saiyan beyond god form mod created in Xenoverse , I think they creator did an awesome job tbh :shock:

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:08 pm

The more I think of it, the more it makes me to consider this Blue SSJ the result and the condition for Goku and Vegeta to become stronger than they were earlier. I mean.. Even if Gokus's Golden SSJ was able to maintain Goku's God power in BoG, but for increasing more power he should increase his God power which has not the same source like the SSJ is so the hair color changing is needed. But I really hate the color of Blue, but that's me.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm still hoping the manga means I at least get to have a glimpse of low power ssjg Gokû in this movie.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:53 pm

fexus wrote:Because SSJ4 doesn't make sense. Getting pink fur and pants doesn't make sense. Can't wait to hear the legend that doesn't make sense that comes with the pink fur and pants.
That may be your opinion but I don't see how it doesn't make sense. Saiyans are born with monkey like tails and their true powers are formed when sighting a full moon which turn them into big apes. I feel SSJ4 brings their true power closer to their ape form so it's only right they somewhat have physical characteristics similar to apes.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:57 pm

fexus wrote: SSJ God does have a backstory. It's a form made from pure hearted saiyans.
I already explained why that alone is not good enough. Its just a generic, "Well, on Planet Vegeta" myth, with the rehashed fusion "time limit" slapped on it to excuse why it wasn't relevant until now. "Well because the timelimit made it lost in history..." B.S.
fexus wrote: So, a hair cut is a change but when you turn skinny, get different eyes, get fire aura and changing your hair colour to red it isn't.
Not after seeing SSJ3 & SSJ4.
fexus wrote:Because SSJ4 doesn't make sense. Getting pink fur and pants doesn't make sense. Can't wait to hear the legend that doesn't make sense that comes with the pink fur and pants.
Again. I already brought up how this isn't a valid argument.
Low Tone G wrote:The more I think of it, the more it makes me to consider this Blue SSJ the result and the condition for Goku and Vegeta to become stronger than they were earlier. I mean.. Even if Gokus's Golden SSJ was able to maintain Goku's God power in BoG, but for increasing more power he should increase his God power which has not the same source like the SSJ is so the hair color changing is needed. But I really hate the color of Blue, but that's me.
The hair colour change isnt the problem; its the choice of colour like Freeza's is ugly and uncorrelated with anything.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Actually Fexus, I get where you are coming from about the pink fur, I prefer more red or dark brown color but to each his own.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:00 pm

fexus wrote: SSJ God does have a backstory. It's a form made from pure hearted saiyans.
I already explained why that alone is not good enough. Its just a generic, "Well, on Planet Vegeta" myth, with the rehashed fusion "time limit" slapped on it to excuse why it wasn't relevant until now. "Well because the timelimit made it lost in history..." B.S.
fexus wrote: So, a hair cut is a change but when you turn skinny, get different eyes, get fire aura and changing your hair colour to red it isn't.
Doesn't matter. A distinct change is still there, so you can't say it's just a color swap

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:02 pm

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:
He was still sent to Earth to conquer it but it's also a way for Bardock to save his son. I mean, it will still be the same thing on what will happen after that. If Grandpa Gohan didn't find him and he didn't get hit on the head, he would still be a Saiyan that wanted to conquer Earth.

Yeah, we should stop this useless discussion.
Never in Minus is mentioned that Goku is supposed to conquer Earth. You are adding that interpretation to Minus to compensate for the fact that Minus didn't explain it properly.
But it's mentioned in Jaco. The Galaxy patrol knows about Goku being sent but seem to believe that he's being sent to conquer the planet.
Basaku wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:SSJG had thought put into it
"How do I replace color in Photohop?". Pinnacle of creative process
In a manga, SSJG Goku would have his standard hair style, but without black paint. It'd be pretty easy to get. Now the new Blue SSJG isn't as obvious, but there'd be ways. Maybe even keeping it black, but giving it the SSJ shape? Sometimes for whatever reason blue things end up painted as black in manga (like Vegeta's suits).
Saiyan_nation_ wrote:
That may be your opinion but I don't see how it doesn't make sense. Saiyans are born with monkey like tails and their true powers are formed when sighting a full moon which turn them into big apes. I feel SSJ4 brings their true power closer to their ape form so it's only right they somewhat have physical characteristics similar to apes.
But SSJ was a power way beyond the great ape, so why would their greatest power actually lie back there? It makes sense in a "back to the original theme" way, but it doesn't really follow the progression they had seen up until then.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:09 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
Doesn't matter. A distinct change is still there, so you can't say it's just a color swap
It does matter. A slimmer body isnt obvious enough of a change. With how many artists this series had never staying on model, SSJG Goku could be buff in one frame and skinny in another. Thats barely anything. Taking one Spike off of goku's head and calling that a new form isnt a new form just because its technically different.