Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Well we could rename Super Saiyan God to just Saiyan God and call this new form Super Saiyan God. That makes the most sense. Or call this Super Saiyan 2.0. I am just going to stick with Blue Super Saiyan until something is decided.

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:23 pm

CM101Play wrote:I just had a random theory.
What if Goku's blue undershirt and Vegeta's blue attire were changed as hints that they would be getting a Blue SSJ form?
That may be the reason. Otherwise it would be too much blue.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Big Momma » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am just going to stick with Blue Super Saiyan until something is decided.
That's probably what I'll do. Those "we" can't rename Super Saiyan God as....well, that's the official name of the original form. :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

User avatar
fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by fexus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:29 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote: I thought it was said that they discussed that they wanted SSj4 to look different from the gold SSJ line, and the entire concept of the long ditched tail element was reintroduced. Sounds like thought to me. With GT, Toei at least went back through the series to reintroduce ideas and connected established mithos (Filler or not) as opposed to Toriyama recycling cliches or pulling vague concepts out of no where, ignoring them or just refusing to dwell in any depth or symbolic elabouration out side of convience. You would think it should be the other way around.
Are you saying that there are enough establish Saiyan lore to justify pink fur and magical pants? I guess turning from a golden ape to a pink fur monkey with magical pants make sense.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:35 pm

But if not for the magical pants, they'd be fighting nude. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Mystic Tien
Regular
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:36 pm

fexus wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote: I thought it was said that they discussed that they wanted SSj4 to look different from the gold SSJ line, and the entire concept of the long ditched tail element was reintroduced. Sounds like thought to me. With GT, Toei at least went back through the series to reintroduce ideas and connected established mithos (Filler or not) as opposed to Toriyama recycling cliches or pulling vague concepts out of no where, ignoring them or just refusing to dwell in any depth or symbolic elabouration out side of convience. You would think it should be the other way around.
Are you saying that there are enough establish Saiyan lore to justify pink fur and magical pants? I guess turning from a golden ape to a pink fur monkey with magical pants make sense.
Why no one is trying to justify SSJ1-SSJ3 then? Or Blue SSJ? The color of Godly energy is blue (maybe) just because, for no specific reason. That's all.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

User avatar
andr1y7
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by andr1y7 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:45 pm

I didn't really keep i with the thread to avoid spoilers as much as I can. I was wondering however, this blue Super Saiyan God, is it blue hair? Or just black hair with a blue aura?

User avatar
fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by fexus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
fexus wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote: I thought it was said that they discussed that they wanted SSj4 to look different from the gold SSJ line, and the entire concept of the long ditched tail element was reintroduced. Sounds like thought to me. With GT, Toei at least went back through the series to reintroduce ideas and connected established mithos (Filler or not) as opposed to Toriyama recycling cliches or pulling vague concepts out of no where, ignoring them or just refusing to dwell in any depth or symbolic elabouration out side of convience. You would think it should be the other way around.
Are you saying that there are enough establish Saiyan lore to justify pink fur and magical pants? I guess turning from a golden ape to a pink fur monkey with magical pants make sense.
Why no one is trying to justify SSJ1-SSJ3 then? Or Blue SSJ? The color of Godly energy is blue (maybe) just because, for no specific reason. That's all.
Did you read his post? He says that Toei reintroduce ideas and the established mithos in the SSJ4 transformation. There's no established mithos that says the Saiyan has pink fur. At least, the Golden Great Ape at least has some thought put into it. SSJ1 - SSJ3 was the time when Toriyama was still establishing the mithos. SSJ God was a newly established transformation that was shown in the last movie. It does show that Goku went through the blue energy before turning red. Theis new movie further expand upon that by making them turn SSJ with that blue energy.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:50 pm

andr1y7 wrote:I didn't really keep i with the thread to avoid spoilers as much as I can. I was wondering however, this blue Super Saiyan God, is it blue hair? Or just black hair with a blue aura?
Blue=Hair,Eyebrows,Eyes,Aura.

User avatar
Mystic Tien
Regular
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:55 pm

fexus wrote: Did you read his post? He says that Toei reintroduce ideas and the established mithos in the SSJ4 transformation. There's no established mithos that says the Saiyan has pink fur. At least, the Golden Great Ape at least has some thought put into it. SSJ1 - SSJ3 was the time when Toriyama was still establishing the mithos. SSJ God was a newly established transformation that was shown in the last movie. It does show that Goku went through the blue energy before turning red. Theis new movie further expand upon that by making them turn SSJ with that blue energy.
But SSJ isn't based on anything. It is just kind of there. And no one tries to justify it. So what is the point of trying to justify one transformation, while not trying to justify all others?

SSJ God exactly just appeared kind out of nowhere, no justifying for why it looks like it looks. And even more for blue one.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:Why no one is trying to justify SSJ1-SSJ3 then? Or Blue SSJ? The color of Godly energy is blue (maybe) just because, for no specific reason. That's all.
But wasnt the blue aura just in the trailer? If they edited it out into red then that means the form's aura is intentionally red. The blue sparkles he gets when he transformed into it could have been left in unchecked (like Gohan still going SSJ in the ritual) or just irrelevant flash to the form. Godly energy was never officially applied as blue. Now it was just retconned to somehow say, "well the form you say ISNT the true form.." b.s.
fexus wrote:Are you saying that there are enough establish Saiyan lore to justify pink fur and magical pants? I guess turning from a golden ape to a pink fur monkey with magical pants make sense.
I shouldn't have to keep readdressing this red herring over and over again.
Mystic Tien wrote:But SSJ isn't based on anything. It is just kind of there. And no one tries to justify it. So what is the point of trying to justify one transformation, while not trying to justify all others?
Didn't Toriyama explain that the pointed hair and eyes were supposed to represent pure anger flowing up from the body into the top of the head; or hair pointing to the heavens or something like that? It was either him or it was on the DaoOfDragonball that said that but where ever that came from, SSJ has meaning. It was supported by Buddism and in the show it was preached to be the strongest form of Saiyan evolution, into basically a blind-brutal god of combat.
Mystic Tien wrote:SSJ God exactly just appeared kind out of nowhere, no justifying for why it looks like it looks. And even more for blue one.
SSJG is a rehash of SSJ but altered in a way that would just fit Goku. It was made for his character, and not made to support anything else externally, thats why it had to be another "It came from Planet Vegeta..." camfire story.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

User avatar
bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by bleed0range » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:20 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
My opinion is more that Goku absorbed the power of SSJ God but doesn't know how to use all the power he absorbed. He said himself he doesn't even know what he did. I think in the time between then and now he has discovered how to tap into and use a portion of the full power of SSJ God. His way of figuring it out requires him to go SSJ and it brings out some of that power he absorbed. Notice the transformation is blue for a split second? I think that's just the godly ki as it powers up and at full power it looks like red flame and blue sparkly aura as we saw in BOG. That's why SSJ makes him blue in ROF.

It seems like he has just figured a work around to use this power he has hidden inside him but he hasn't figured it out all he way yet. Makes the most sense to me.
Or that Akira Toriyama was bored and just went with the coolest color around lol.
Well, of course it's something like that these are just in-universe theories. But I mean I think I made a good point there and you kind of just discredited it with a joke post that added nothing to the discussion. It makes sense as a counter argument that if he turns blue for a split second then that's like the powering up of the form... So if you weren't able to power up all the way you'd be stuck encased in the blue ki. Goku seems to be doing that with this new form. It may be the only way to use the form without doing the ritual, but at the price of gaining full God power.

User avatar
Rukura
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Rukura » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Sandubadear wrote:If we were Japanese, we could call it "スーパーサイヤ神"
Next to the dumb "mystic" made-up titles, that's awesome. And I really appreciate that pun :thumbup:
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
Low Tone G
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am just going to stick with Blue Super Saiyan until something is decided.
That's probably what I'll do. Those "we" can't rename Super Saiyan God as....well, that's the official name of the original form. :P
Actually, in many interviews Toriyama tends to simply call it God. So being that the Saiyan is just the name of the race I think the Saiyan God is more accurate to use it because the first Saiyan to achieve this state it hasn't been proven to be a Super Saiyan too, and the source is not the same like in the case of Super Saiyan. I'd rather call it Saiyan God, God of Saiyans, Saiyan Deity or Godly powered Saiyan. The Super Saiyan tends to suggest that we are speaking about a Saiyan beyond his Base limits. And a Saiyan God it's like: beyond his natural limits which literally is the case. On the other hand, the Super Saiyan God/Godly Super Saiyan can be an existing thing as well as Goku and Vegeta are now using God Ki which can be tapped into a normal a Super Saiyan(I think the Blue form is just a result of training). I think about it like Super Saiyan + Saiyan God. So then if the Saiyan term is redundant in this case, the newest state of Goku and Vegeta is a Super Saiyan God/Godly Super Saiyan.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

User avatar
bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by bleed0range » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:44 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
andr1y7 wrote:I didn't really keep i with the thread to avoid spoilers as much as I can. I was wondering however, this blue Super Saiyan God, is it blue hair? Or just black hair with a blue aura?
Blue=Hair,Eyebrows,Eyes,Aura.
I think it would have been cooler if the eyes stayed black and the hair kind of just had highlights of blue but was still mostly black with the mystical blue aura. Of course, I haven't seen the form for real yet either lol.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13604
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Heath added the 'assistant animation supervisors' (sakuga kantoku hosa) to the credits on the website. Ide Takeo, Shimanuki Masahiro, Nashizawa Takashi, Tsuji Miyako, Hayashi Yuuki, and Watanabe Koudai. Oddly enough, while Yamamuro Tadayoshi is credited as the chief animation supervisor (sou-sakuga kantoku) those there are no regular animation supervisors (sakuga kantoku). I assume Hayashi and Watanabe were in charge of the action cuts given they are talented action animators.
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

User avatar
Mystic Tien
Regular
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:08 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote: But wasnt the blue aura just in the trailer? If they edited it out into red then that means the form's aura is intentionally red. The blue sparkles he gets when he transformed into it could have been left in unchecked (like Gohan still going SSJ in the ritual) or just irrelevant flash to the form. Godly energy was never officially applied as blue. Now it was just retconned to somehow say, "well the form you say ISNT the true form.." b.s.
Yeah, it was never stated in the movie (according to Kei and summary) or any of the interviews. It is just some theory which people use to explain why Goku's hair colour becomes blue while he transforms into SSJ/SSJ God/SSJ with godly energy, or whatever it is.
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote: Didn't Toriyama explain that the pointed hair and eyes were supposed to represent pure anger flowing up from the body into the top of the head; or hair pointing to the heavens or something like that? It was either him or it was on the DaoOfDragonball that said that but where ever that came from, SSJ has meaning. It was supported by Buddism and in the show it was preached to be the strongest form of Saiyan evolution, into basically a blind-brutal god of combat.
Never heard about it, but it was interesting to learn. I hope that it is indeed the case here, not Toriyama randomly coming up with it.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

User avatar
Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am just going to stick with Blue Super Saiyan until something is decided.
That's probably what I'll do. Those "we" can't rename Super Saiyan God as....well, that's the official name of the original form. :P
Actually, in many interviews Toriyama tends to simply call it God. So being that the Saiyan is just the mane of the race I think the Saiyan God is more accurate to use it because the first Saiyan to achieve this state it hasn't been proven to be a Super Saiyan too, and the source is not the same like in the case of Super Saiyan. I'd rather call it Saiyan God, God of Saiyans, Saiyan Deity or Godly powered Saiyan. The Super Saiyan tends to suggest that we are speaking about a Saiyan beyond his Base limits. And a Saiyan God it's like: beyond his natural limits which literally is the case. On the other hand, the Super Saiyan God/Godly Super Saiyan can be an existing thing as well as Goku and Vegeta are now using God Ki which can be tapped into a normal a Super Saiyan(I think the Blue form is just a result of training). I think about it like Super Saiyan + Saiyan God. So the if the Saiyan term is redundant in this case, the newest state of Goku and Vegeta is a Super Saiyan God/Godly Super Saiyan.
The magenta form is officially called "Super Saiyan God", both in the film and by Toriyama himself. The reason I came up with the name "Godly Super Saiyan" was to differentiate it from the real SSJG by emphasizing that this is the first Super Saiyan form armed with the power/ki of Super Saiyan God as opposed to a brand new transformation. It certainly doesn't appear to be the "next level" of the red form in BoG (and to be honest, I don't think there is such a thing).

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Rukura wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:If we were Japanese, we could call it "スーパーサイヤ神"
Next to the dumb "mystic" made-up titles, that's awesome. And I really appreciate that pun :thumbup:
Thanks, haha.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:59 pm

bleed0range wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
andr1y7 wrote:I didn't really keep i with the thread to avoid spoilers as much as I can. I was wondering however, this blue Super Saiyan God, is it blue hair? Or just black hair with a blue aura?
Blue=Hair,Eyebrows,Eyes,Aura.
I think it would have been cooler if the eyes stayed black and the hair kind of just had highlights of blue but was still mostly black with the mystical blue aura. Of course, I haven't seen the form for real yet either lol.
highlights of blue would look freaking sick on them!!! likewise mate. I cant wait to see it in 3D!!! the hype is still alive within me.

Post Reply