Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Barunks wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Dyno wrote:At least in Episode of Bardock we get to see a fine character with a fine transformation. Though, Dragon Ball Online didn't have to give Bardock a transformation, I don't know if the goddess Naho knows about it, but Episode of Bardock could surely expand Bardock's point of view of that game.
Episode of Bardock, in my experience, is almost universally agreed to be shit, so I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Why does everyone have this seemingly mindless hate for episode of bardock? I liked how they gave what I always considered to be the most depressing story a more optimistic and redeeming sequel.
Because that "depressing" story was probably the best thing Toei ever did on their own, and EoB shit all over it. Bardock's story was done. It was perfect. There was no need to shoehorn him into other stuff. Now he's worse than Broly.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Basaku wrote:
ConfusedPhantom wrote:From the scan earlier, Blue Super Saiyan looks a lot better than I thought it'd be. That shade of blue really works. I even think its kinda cool. And, its cool that its coming to Extreme Butoden (I think its called) as well. I wonder if they'll do the same with Xenoverse for DLC (unless they are and I wasn't paying attention).
I'm 100% sure it will be DLC for Xenoverse. They won't pass up on this oppurtunity
Considering the third DLC pack was already announced, it's quite unlikely.
It could be a transformation for an alternate Goku/Vegeta costume.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Basaku wrote:I'm 100% sure it will be DLC for Xenoverse. They won't pass up on this oppurtunity
Announced and incomplete. They openly admit there's a master they haven't told us about and the playable characters for the pack is "Golden Freeza and others".
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:After 15 years of being my favorite form I believe that SSJ3 was dethroned today by Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

As just like Vegeta either skipped or got SSJ3 off screen he now has gotten red SSJG off screen and skipped straight to SSJGSSJ.
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan isn't a new form,it's Ssj1 with Blue hair due to them absorbing Ssjg's power so chances are they'll eventually have to use Ssj2&3 again which will be Blue as well.

Vegeta has always been getting his forms off screen so this isn't anything new and in terms of Ssj3,I think he reached it sometime before Beerus went to earth but chose not to use it due to it's draw backs similar to not using Ussj against Cell.

However the absorbed Ssjg powers might be able to get rid of those drawbacks so hopefully we'll see him and Goku use it in a future movie.
It's a new version of a an old transformation. Goku's hair turns blue and he gets smaller so that is more than enough to say it's a new form even though it's the old blonde transformation. Gohan's ultimate power worked the same way he tried to go SSJ and went Ultimate, Goku and Vegeta go SSJ witht heir god ki and get the blue form.

As for Vegeta if he had SSJ3 he would have used it. SSJ3's positives outweigh it's cons unlike USSJ. USSJ isn't even double the SSJ power while it takes away speed and eats the stamina.

SSJ3 on the other hand eats Stamina but it arguably eats it slower than USSJ and it increases the speed and power by 4x the ssj2 form. If you can survive a fight as a SSJ2 to the drawbacks from SSj3 most likely won't factor in as you'll be able to dominate your foe.

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Only special Manga cover is drawn by Toriyama in Shonen Jump scan. Look at Gokuh face in both illustrations.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Big Momma wrote:It could be a transformation for an alternate Goku/Vegeta costume.
That would make the most sense, considering that Blueper Saiyan itself is quite literally just the initial Super Saiyan form infused with deity stuff.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Because that "depressing" story was probably the best thing Toei ever did on their own, and EoB shit all over it. Bardock's story was done. It was perfect. There was no need to shoehorn him into other stuff. Now he's worse than Broly.
Ehhhhhh. I agree with your overall point, but I'm hard pressed to consider him worse than Broly.

Nobody is worse than Broly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Ehhhhhh. I agree with your overall point, but I'm hard pressed to consider him worse than Broly.

Nobody is worse than Broly.
That's just an exaggeration. For example, #13 (and super #13) is easily worse than Broly, in pretty much every aspect.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Guys, I figured it out. I think Toriyama's just being very subtle, and Goku and Vegeta defeating Golden Freeza is actually a metaphor for Blue replacing Gold for the Super Saiyan hair.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I swear they better not actually call it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Saiyan beyond God was a cooler name. If this is the case, might as well call it Super Duper Super Saiyan.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:29 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Basaku wrote:I'm 100% sure it will be DLC for Xenoverse. They won't pass up on this oppurtunity
Announced and incomplete. They openly admit there's a master they haven't told us about and the playable characters for the pack is "Golden Freeza and others".
Just re-read the DLC pack 3 announcement article on ShonenGamez, and you're right. SSGSS Goku could still drop in Xenoverse. The plot thickens...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I swear they better not actually call it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Saiyan beyond God was a cooler name. If this is the case, might as well call it Super Duper Super Saiyan.
I'm reading that name everywhere and I hope its just a joke. They can't use the word super saiyan twice can they?!
oh, damn...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:34 pm

See Goku's new transformation in motion!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocU7ceOep4
The laughing from the TV host is priceless. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:See Goku's new transformation in motion!
Interesting, the color seems much darker here.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:42 pm

OMG, you can hear hilariously deep blueper Vegeta in the back ground of that clip!
That voice really is going to be as amazing as I hoped. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:42 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: No, it's definitely Yamamuro's. Toriyama's design for Golden Freeza is very different.
Huh, you're right. I had no idea Yamamuro was even capable of drawing beautiful stuff compared to his old character designs.
Yamamuro is very capable, but his character designs have regressed in the recent years. His influence on the Boo arc animation was the proof that he can certainly do some amazing stuff. If he really tried, the animation from Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, Episode of Bardock, and Battle of Gods would possibly be in the same rank as the Boo arc animation, perhaps even better. But fortunately he seems to have stepped up for this year's film. With better animators to go along with the veteran animators from Dragon Ball Z TV series, the cuts would be stunningly gorgeous. Naotoshi Shida was unfortunately not part of the animation staff for Resurrection 'F'. Tate Naoki apparently didn't involve with it as well.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:43 pm

The sequence was actually pretty cool.

Maybe he's laughing at how...plain it looks.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Ugh. Is it possible for Toei to NOT spoil something they're working on? At all? Because virtually every episode preview and title of DBZ has some sort of spoiler (including Kai). It's also apparent in One Piece, World Trigger, and Toriko.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:50 pm

EA575 wrote:Ugh. Is it possible for Toei to NOT spoil something they're working on? At all? Because virtually every episode preview and title of DBZ has some sort of spoiler (including Kai). It's also apparent in One Piece, World Trigger, and Toriko.
They haven't officially spoilered Vegeta's ssjblue yet.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Sorry to derail the current discussion somewhat, but I was wondering if anyone's still been keeping up with the 2ch threads. I completely lost track of it after they started breaking off into spoiler and non-spoiler threads.

By the way, I also came across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STI3KobwL70
Looks like a Freeza make-up tutorial being featured on Japanese TV. Kinda interesting, I guess.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Yes it is. :lol:

Man, the animation seems so cool. Thank you, Toei. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.