Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 am

Chuquita wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Anyone else thinks Vegeta changed outfits simply because blue hair on blue outfit wouldn't look good?
Very likely. Also the reason Goku's undershirt was removed. Too much blue would clash horribly. It has to accent what's already there rather than overrun it.
Thirded. This is why I was expecting blue for Vegeta on the poster.

But then I thought it might be an attempt to mimic his black outfit from the Freeza arc in the way they balded Kuririn again. Because of that, I was uncertain.
Yes, it seems like an updated version of the outfit he had against Freeza on Namek.
No shoulderpads and not similar to the Cell arc's belt like thing in that shoulder/neck area(don't know what it's called).
The speculation about Vegeta's clothes being changed to black because of Blue SS was already there way before we knew it was blue. There's a chance we might see it confirmed in Vol. [F] and maybe we'll also find out if Whis' mark really is a doodle of his head and ring.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:This time with Gohan...
1-3
Gohan: Come watch my dad be awesome.

Gohan: Yeah I'll drop the ball again, but father will be amazing. I heard Vegeta-san will be great too.

Gohan: Please come see Fukkatsu no F in theaters.
Fixed a little detail. I usually don't go with this bashing, but this is a good text and kinda of true.
He still kicks ass though.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:11 am

New Jump scan with Gold Freezer and Gokuh Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Akira Toriyama's desings. Thanks @kazu4281.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:21 am

Ahh nice to finally see Toriyama's art on the new form, not sure what to make of it tbh. Goku's face seems a bit well weird.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Ahh nice to finally see Toriyama's art on the new form, not sure what to make of it tbh. Goku's face seems a bit well weird.
Yeah, I'm not really seeing Goku's personality from that face like I usually do in Toriyama's work. With that said, this is definitely one of his finer pieces in quite a while.

Would ya look at those muscles! :wink:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 am

Instead of arguing how strong the forms are, we should just wait for Toriyama to do another interview and assign them numbers like he did with BoG.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:12 am

I personally don't care about form strength, but I really like how tall Gokû looks in this new Toriyama art.
I also think I might like the teal more than the blonde. Maybe. Not entirely sure.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Instead of arguing how strong the forms are, we should just wait for Toriyama to do another interview and assign them numbers like he did with BoG.
I wouldn't hold your breath...
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 am

What's gonna be nice is when F fan art starts popping up on pixiv this weekend. I'm really looking forward to that, especially as someone who won't to see the film herself for a while.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:03 am

ShadowWolf87 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Where in the world are you getting that from?
Battle of Gods, Ressurection F, and Toriyama himself.

We see in BoG through Goku vs Beerus that God, base, and SS are on the same level, since Goku didn't notice the difference when changing forms (he hadn't even realized he was changing forms), and Beerus stated that after Goku absorbed the power of SSG, his power decreased insignificantly. FnF also shows that base Goku is about as strong as God Goku.

Toriyama said that after the fight with Beerus, Goku will stop using Super Saiyan God because he doesn't need it, and he won't be using SS2 & SS3 anymore because they consume too much energy, implying that if Goku had used SS2 or SS3 against Beerus, he wouldn't get any stronger like it happened with regular Super Saiyan, so Goku will only be using his base & SS now. FnF shows that SS can still give a significant increase by combining it with SSG.
None of that is implied by any of these things.
I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God.
Goku didn't realize he'd lost his form because it had been absorbed into him, it was part of him. But he knew he was powering up when he burst through those rocks. What Toriyama said was Goku, having absorbed said Godly ki into himself, no longer needed the ritual to take that form when he already had access to that power.

Similarly, SSJ2 and SSJ3, while giving a boost in power, also consume energy far faster. They've always done so.
Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength...
Right there he even says they're still powered-up versions of said transformations, but they also burn through your stamina rapidly. They're best used only when needed or in short bursts, whereas continuing to improve himself in his base form and using only one transformation would allow him to maintain stamina as well as become less reliant on having to transform and risk what happened when fighting Buu. That's not saying they're at the same level in the least.
Thinking about it, it seems that Toriyama is talking about Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 & Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3.

In BoG, we see that regular Super Saiyan no longer gives an increase in Goku's power, or it gives an insignificant increase at most. So logically, the same would go for regular Super Saiyan 2 & Super Saiyan 3.

However, we see in FnF that Goku can increase the power of Super Saiyan by combining it with Super Saiyan God, though the increase is much smaller than it was before. It's less than x2 for sure, since he is still weaker than Beerus. Logically, Super Saiyan 2 & Super Saiyan 3 should each give an increase like Super Saiyan does, but the increases should also be even smaller than they were before. But the increases now are no longer above the drawbacks like they were before (there was no way to beat Cell without Super Saiyan 2, and no way to fight Boo without Super Saiyan 3), meaning that SS2 & SS3 are now like Super Saiyan Grades 2 & 3, where the negatives are bigger than the possitives.

To put it simple, it seems that after absorbing the power of SSGod, it is base <= SS <= SS2 <= SS3 <= SSG < SSGSS < SSGSS2 < SSGSS3.
Marlowe89 wrote:Nowhere in the film or in official material is this ever remotely implied. It is literally Super Saiyan 1 using the power of Super Saiyan God, nothing more and nothing less. This is explicitly stated.
It increases base Goku's strength, who is around as strong as SSGod.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 pm

redon wrote:New Jump scan with Gold Freezer and Gokuh Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Akira Toriyama's desings. Thanks @kazu4281.
And they say Toriyama can't draw muscles anymore. :)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Thinner muscles, actually. :|

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Dyno wrote:Thinner muscles, actually. :|
Would you prefer this?

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:06 pm

No. I prefer the normal thing, just.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Saiga wrote:
fexus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: You can sum up his role, and pretty much everyone else's role as "Fight, Job, benchmark, cheer." Not sure how anyone finds that appropriate for any one who's not the current 4. It's disgusting and downright terrible to see everything pretty much become "YOU GOT DIS GOKU!"
You can even sum up Goku's role like that too."Fight, Train, Get stronger, Win."
...which shows Goku is in a far better position.
Yeah that sounds a lot better than the former of "Fight, Job, Benchmark, Cheer." For some people just getting into a fight is good enough for them, but it's not for me personally. Fighting is only important if it's worthy of their time. If it's a fight with a bunch of people who are so far beneath you, it's boring. As Goku and Cell once said, a fight is best when fighter's are close in power. The animation and fighting itself sounds cool, but the concept is not. If anything I'm insulted that the army thing is basically fan service filler
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:23 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:It increases base Goku's strength, who is around as strong as SSGod.
This is pure speculation on your part. Goku has absorbed SSG's power, but the simple fact that he transformed into SS at all in BoG directly suggests that he can't simply tap into all of it in base. There has been no official explanation regarding the difference in raw power between the blue and yellow forms after Goku absorbed SSG aside from his mastery of God ki. I think you're either reading too deeply into this or you want SSGSS to be something that it's not.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:29 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Yeah that sounds a lot better than the former of "Fight, Job, Benchmark, Cheer." For some people just getting into a fight is good enough for them, but it's not for me personally. Fighting is only important if it's worthy of their time. If it's a fight with a bunch of people who are so far beneath you, it's boring. As Goku and Cell once said, a fight is best when fighter's are close in power. The animation and fighting itself sounds cool, but the concept is not. If anything I'm insulted that the army thing is basically fan service filler
This whole movie can be seen as "fan service filler", people complain that this is Goku and Vegeta show, so when Toriyama goes out his way to show the other guys can still shine too it is insulting? I really do not understand what you are getting at, so you'd rather Gohan be benched like Yamcha and the kids then? I would think that'd be even more 'insulting', no? Also, at this point after Buu saga and BoG, it is pretty obvious that Gohan is not a major player anymore, and its not like like Toriyama promised or hinted in BoG Gohan would have a major role in the future (like with Vegeta) so I have no idea why you are getting so worked up about Gohan essentially kicking hundreds of asses.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Dyno wrote:No. I prefer the normal thing, just.
And what is the normal thing?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:51 pm

redon wrote:New Jump scan with Gold Freezer and Gokuh Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Akira Toriyama's desings. Thanks @kazu4281.
Goku looks freaking awesome!!! Toriyama sama still has it :clap:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: Yeah that sounds a lot better than the former of "Fight, Job, Benchmark, Cheer." For some people just getting into a fight is good enough for them, but it's not for me personally. Fighting is only important if it's worthy of their time. If it's a fight with a bunch of people who are so far beneath you, it's boring. As Goku and Cell once said, a fight is best when fighter's are close in power. The animation and fighting itself sounds cool, but the concept is not. If anything I'm insulted that the army thing is basically fan service filler
This whole movie can be seen as "fan service filler", people complain that this is Goku and Vegeta show, so when Toriyama goes out his way to show the other guys can still shine too it is insulting? I really do not understand what you are getting at, so you'd rather Gohan be benched like Yamcha and the kids then? I would think that'd be even more 'insulting', no? Also, at this point after Buu saga and BoG, it is pretty obvious that Gohan is not a major player anymore, and its not like like Toriyama promised or hinted in BoG Gohan would have a major role in the future (like with Vegeta) so I have no idea why you are getting so worked up about Gohan essentially kicking hundreds of asses.
Movie is pretty much fan service filler, but some parts fit that bill more than others. Also yes. Don't use a character if you have nothing for them. Goten and Trunks were benched as they really had nothing in mind for them. I'd rather they make way for new characters for better things, than give pointless time to characters they don't care about. Or in this case focus on the "F" more instead of wasting time with this dribble. All their time could have been given to maybe more back story on Freeza and more time towards his training. That's far more worth it than filler mindless army fight.

That's not shining. Not at all. That's grunt work. Shinning is not just screen time. The Saibaman at least symbolized how far our heroes had grown as they were each an equivalent of Raditz. There was more relevance in Movie 12 for fighting a bunch of people than there was for these mooks. A bunch of evil people returning due to what was happening in the after life. That's something that brings up massive possibilities and is something that can bring a reasonable challenge. You could have an opponent for everyone's level. Here we're just twiddling thumbs as the pointless filler fight goes by til Goku and Vegeta show up. It's insulting as it's such a meaningless waste of time. It's just mindless fighting. Nothing is learned nor gained. We learn from Freeza vs Goku and Vegeta, and nothing from the army.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!