Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Bonus Stage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Cooler & Chilled are Canon?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Image

There is no canon in Dragon Ball. There were only mentioned because they are considered a part of Freeza's "family".

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Yeah I'm sorry people care about something about fighting in a fighting anime. There's belittling of others, belittling of opinions, etc. Like even now while I may be someone who calls that stupid, I ain't ruined forever or whatever. To someone else though that means more to them. Dragon Ball means a lot to people in several different ways. When I see comments like that I see "Pfft what losers talking about Vegeta's boost" "What a bunch of babies complaining about Freeza's 4 month's of training" "What a bunch of belly achers for complaining about simple designs". "What a bunch of children who care about strength conversation (Last on does at times feel childish though sometimes). That kind of feeling is given off. I know the frustration of people blabbering on about stuff you feel is just stupid, but whether it is or not, it's usually cause they're just huge fans of the series. Sometimes though things definitely go out of hand and I see why remarks are made upon it. If some people really let it ruin things for them, who really cares? That's just how they feel. Your free to think of it as a ridiculous opinion sure, but understand that what means little to may mean more to someone else. Some people may not give a crap about the va's, and some may love them so much they learn all about their careers even outside of Dragon Ball. That's the beauty of Dragon Ball. There's so much to look at it, so much to enjoy from different angles. Some stuff appeals more to others, and some stuff is pointless to other people to even think about.
You're babbling. You're trying to victimize yourself. Simultaneously, you're disparaging other people and what they like about the show (all the meanwhile trying to defend the opposite? or the same? it's not clear?).

Stop.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

thefalseprophecy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thefalseprophecy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:35 pm

While I like battle powers and strength comparisons to a degree, they are NOT the be–all and end–all of the franchise. All too often those kinds of discussions degenerate into personal attacks and gibberish.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't even see Chilled and it's bothering me, do you mind pointing him out?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:47 pm

One_Instance wrote:I don't even see Chilled and it's bothering me, do you mind pointing him out?
At the bottom: Tarble, Kado, Abo, Chilled, Kurieza, Naise, Dore, Sauza, Coola.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:48 pm

One_Instance wrote:
I don't even see Chilled and it's bothering me, do you mind pointing him out?
He's the first face on the right page (near the spine).

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:49 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
One_Instance wrote:I don't even see Chilled and it's bothering me, do you mind pointing him out?
At the bottom: Tarble, Kado, Abo, Chilled, Kurieza, Naise, Dore, Sauza, Coola.
Thanks, I kind of thought that was him but it just looks more like Freeza than Chilled to me.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:25 pm

I hope Toriyama didn't bring back Freeza in ROF to introduce Kuriza in the new series.
If anything I would rather Froze fom Heroes.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:40 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
rereboy wrote: The problem is that Sorbet does it with a random laser ring. It's like kid Goku getting seriously wounded on the head by unseen snipers while fighting other soldiers when he attacked the Red Ribbon army... which actually happened and he didn't get injured.
So if there was no ring and the laser beam came from his finger, we weren't having this debate?!
Tao Pai Pai isn't liking this.
Of course there would still be an inconsistency. A regular Ki blast from someone as weak as Sorbet also shouldn't be able to critically injure SSJGSSJ Goku, even if he is distracted. You continued to miss the point.
ShadowWolf87 wrote: Are we sure about that? If SSJ forms are a multiplier and Goku had already achieved SSJ3, implying even his base was likely higher than Vegeta's, and Goku and Vegeta had the same of said multiplier, then Goku would actually have been stronger than Vegeta and holding himself back to give Vegeta that close fight he wanted and try to end the obsession once and for all.
They were stated and implied to be pretty much equal as SSJ2s.
ShadowWolf87 wrote: If anything I would think that a weapon would be far more believable than anything else. Gero built Cyborgs with the power to slaughter Freeza, after all. Bulma built a small gun with the power of a massive bomb as a child.

And I don't see how we can dismiss this as "some random laser ring". It's not like these are a common sight in the DB Universe to justify calling it a "random ring". It's the first we've seen. And it likely has drawbacks that would make overuse very difficult or impossible, likely a need to recharge based on the size.

Also don't forget all that energy and force being focused into a single, narrow point allows for a lot more damage to that small area of impact.
If we assume it's a special weapon (even though nothing points towards it), then the question becomes why don't more soldiers have rings like that? Why didn't they squash the rebellions with it? And so on.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Source?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:56 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I hope Toriyama didn't bring back Freeza in ROF to introduce Kuriza in the new series.
I don't think Toriyama would have any idea who Froze is.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Galan007 wrote:

Source?
It's a page from Volume "F". It just features Saiyans and members of Freeza's family including both the manga and ones from "various sources" (as they say). For characters from outside the manga, it lists specifically where they're from. Eve. King Vegeta is labelled as from the DBZ TV series, since in the manga he's only referred to as "the king" and never shown. It's straightforwardly listing what's out that, and not making any big claims about "canon". Also, the only bit directly from Toriyama is his explanation on the bottom left about Freeza and co.'s name puns.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:I hope Toriyama didn't bring back Freeza in ROF to introduce Kuriza in the new series.
I don't think Toriyama would have any idea who Froze is.
True, so I hope he doesn't remember who Kuriza is either. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Hmm. Not a big deal, but I do find that kind of curious though. If they're going out of their way to say that Kind Vegeta is from the TV special, it makes me wonder why they just didn't add the rest of the "various source" characters onto the chart and note where they came from as well.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:12 pm

King Vegeta should now get a mention/note for his appearance in Movie 14, his first appearance ever in a canon material.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Dyno wrote:King Vegeta should now get a mention/note for his appearance in Movie 14, his first appearance ever in a canon material.
I believe the subject of "canon" has been discussed time and time again as well as been established of not having any place in Dragonball.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:45 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I believe the subject of "canon" has been discussed time and time again as well as been established of not having any place in Dragonball.
But that is actually debatable and I view it as a personal preference. You know, even though you said that, people all the time tend to say Episode of Bardock is "spin-off", thus desconsidering it rather than ignoring whenever I mention that OVA. Curious, isn't? :think:
Last edited by Dyno on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Dyno wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:I believe the subject of "canon" has been discussed time and time again as well as been established of not having any place in Dragonball.
But that is actually debatable and I view it as a personal preference. You know, even though you said that, people all the times tend to say Episode of Bardock is "spin-off", thus desconsidering it rather than ignoring whenever I mention that OVA. Curious, isn't? :think:
Episode of Bardock and faff are both non-canon, if it helps any.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 pm

See?

Opinions vary drastically, the "there is no canon" is actually a preference of a person. But anyway.