Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 13, 2015 7:48 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:
Teclo wrote:Any news on a UK release yet? Hopefully not just in London.
Absolutely nothing yet from Manga UK, though they have just announced that they're releasing Kai.
Well, I've heard that Manga UK have held meetings in regards to the possible scheduling for when the movie can be screened.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:
Absolutely nothing yet from Manga UK, though they have just announced that they're releasing Kai.
Oh wow. Maybe well get it in 2020 then.

ArcaneSuperSaiyan

Post by ArcaneSuperSaiyan » Thu May 14, 2015 1:15 am

Low Tone G wrote:Goku and Vegeta can't sense Beerus and Whis issue...

I'm really confused now. I have read the detailed summary and it's really suggested that Goku can not sense Whis/Beerus so he can not teleport to Beerus' planet to train. Something is not really clear, though... Goku doubt himself as well to teleport back to Earth as it was too far when he was asked by Bulma to use IT. So maybe he couldn't really sense anyone from Earth, save for Freeza who was really powerful at that point. Beerus has been sleeping and Whis tends to suppress himself, maybe Goku can still sense God Ki, but if Beerus Homeworld was too far he couldn't detect one signal just because of the distance. But it can make sense that he lost his God Ki sensing abilities when ran out of Saiyan God form. But I'm really surprised that if that is the case... especially when Toriyama stated that Goku doesn't need to transform into a God once again as he has absorbed that power and made it his own, but Ki sensing ability is very useful in combats. I haven't really thought that Toriyama will take that away from Goku. But it can make sense anyway.
I don't think we should assume that simply being able to use godly ki means that you can sense it. A good example is Saiyan arc Vegeta and Frieza in general using ki without knowing how to sense it. I think it's safe to assume that what is described as SSJ with the power of SSJG does in fact use godly ki. Goku as a SSJG was never implied to be able to sense godly ki either.

Another thing to consider is that Beerus didn't seem to know the depths of SSJG's power since he was surprised when Goku said he wasn't using all of the SSJG form's strength. He also wasn't impressed with SSJG until they actually clashed. This makes me think that perhaps even Beerus himself can't sense godly ki.
Low Tone G wrote:It still stand to reason to mention that King Kai doesn't really know Whis' abilities in BoG.(In fact, he doesn't really seem to know Whis either.) King Kai can sense Beerus, the Kaioshins also can but they don't really mention Whis yet he is even stronger than Beerus. Maybe Whis always hides his energy even if he uses it in combats(he is artial arts master after all, and he may know how to use a significant proportion of his energy without giving any sign of his Ki).
Were King Kai or Kaioshin ever actually shown to be able to sense Beerus? I don't remember that. If they can then I guess that makes my previous point about Beerus possibly being unable to sense god ki himself way more likely to be wrong. It'd be strange for King Kai to be able to sense godly ki while Beerus cannot.

EDIT:
The Kaioshins can definitely sense Beerus, but it doesn't seem that Kaio can.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu May 14, 2015 2:00 am

Kaio simply says you can't sense the Gods, he never says other Gods can do that. Since Kaio was telepathic powers, he or Kaioshin might not actually be able to sense Beerus' ki but know of his awakening through some telepathic ability.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:10 am

Speaking of God Ki, does King Kai and Supreme Kai have it?
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu May 14, 2015 7:14 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:Speaking of God Ki, does King Kai and Supreme Kai have it?
Well, it would kinda explain why the heroes didn't just go "Wow, we're much stronger than you" instead of Piccolo trembling when meeting Kaioshin. They couldn't see that they were weaker than them, because they couldn't feel it. It's probably a retcon, but i think it could work. But Kaio? Nah, he has normal ki.
Last edited by Vegitofaxx on Thu May 14, 2015 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:Speaking of God Ki, does King Kai and Supreme Kai have it?
Goku sensed King Kai

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu May 14, 2015 7:27 am

So we are allowed to believe that only Whis is proven to sense God Ki? He said that Beerus had used his 70% against SSJ God Goku...
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 14, 2015 8:54 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:
Well, I've heard that Manga UK have held meetings in regards to the possible scheduling for when the movie can be screened.
Yeah they have implied to have it. I guess everyone is waiting for the FUNi dub, hence why neither FUNi or Madman have given an exact date yet and it seems MangaUK do not want a repeat of BoG with fall promises of a theatrical run.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 14, 2015 9:09 am

This doesn't make any sense. Base and SSJ Goku used Instant Transmission against Beerus in their face-off, it's ridiculous to think he shouldn't be able to sense Beerus and Whis.

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 am

Doctor. wrote:This doesn't make any sense. Base and SSJ Goku used Instant Transmission against Beerus in their face-off, it's ridiculous to think he shouldn't be able to sense Beerus and Whis.
Goku doesn't seem to need to be able to sense anything to teleport somewhere within eyesight. It's why he's able to do it rapidly during combat.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 14, 2015 9:16 am

He wouldn't need to put his fingers on his forehead to concentrate better if that's the case then, like with the Kamehameha against Cell.
Last edited by Doctor. on Thu May 14, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:26 am

Doctor. wrote:He wouldn't need to put his fingers on his forehead too concentrate better if that's the case then, like with the Kamehameha against Cell.
I think they animated him putting the fingers on his forehead to clearly show that's what he was doing to those watching.

Without the fingers it would just appear to be super speed and as such wouldn't have suprised Beerus.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu May 14, 2015 9:44 am

When teleporting at short ranges Goku doesn't need to sense a person since he can just sense the grass and trees and whatnot. Remember when Kaio first explained the Genki Dama he said that any living being whether animal or plant has ki. It's just not possible to sense grass from across the galaxy, but within eyesight it's obviously possible.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Thu May 14, 2015 9:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:
Yeah. Manga UK tweeted that a while back. Since then though it's gone quiet and they haven't let us know any further details.

Who knows how those meetings went.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 14, 2015 9:52 am

Marco Polo wrote:When teleporting at short ranges Goku doesn't need to sense a person since he can just sense the grass and trees and whatnot. Remember when Kaio first explained the Genki Dama he said that any living being whether animal or plant has ki. It's just not possible to sense grass from across the galaxy, but within eyesight it's obviously possible.
Yes, surely he can sense the grass and trees when using Instant Transmission in space.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu May 14, 2015 9:54 am

Doctor. wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:When teleporting at short ranges Goku doesn't need to sense a person since he can just sense the grass and trees and whatnot. Remember when Kaio first explained the Genki Dama he said that any living being whether animal or plant has ki. It's just not possible to sense grass from across the galaxy, but within eyesight it's obviously possible.
Yes, surely he can sense the grass and trees when using Instant Transmission in space.
He uses Toninjinka...?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 am

Doctor. wrote:
He sensed Freeza from accross the universe. Sensing the Earth from space is easy...

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu May 14, 2015 10:07 am

For me not the IT issue proves the most that Goku could possibly sense Beerus during their fight.... The comment of Goku makes me to believe that he could read on Beerus' power level, when he right out said that he is not match for Beerus' power, saying that he is too strong for him to handle. All that he did when he was a simple Super Saiyan(with God power). It's very hard for me to believe that Goku could not sense beings like Beerus now. It's somewhat proven that Beerus' residence is very far from Earth and Goku doubt himself to teleport back to Earth as no one was enough powerful to be a relevant source of Ki to be usable. So if Freeza was then he could perform the technique. But maybe Whis learnt how to be invisible for everyone for some purposes(not revealed yet) and Beerus sleeps very often. In fact, Beerus has certainly been sleeping at that point when Goku has made the decision and he and Vegeta want to leave for Whis, but they had no other choice than to ask Whis to bring them to his own place. All those make me think that he issue is not that simple that Goku/Vegeta are unable to sene the God Ki.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 am

Marco Polo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
He sensed Freeza from accross the universe. Sensing the Earth from space is easy...
And why would he re-appear in space again...? He was teleporting from one place to another in space, not teleporting from one place to another in the Earth or from space to Earth.