Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Surprise to see how this Behemoth of thread is still growing despite the Movie already been out for so long.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Zenith

Post by Zenith » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 am

I'm late to the party as far as this thread goes, but here are my general thoughts:

Resurrection 'F' was a fun experience. It had all the action and comedy you'd expect from Z-era Toriyama. It had it's issues, but overall I had a good time watching it.

Javaki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Javaki » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Kazé Germany announced today that Resurrection 'F' will be shown in German theaters in 3D, beginning 08 September 2016. Kazé will use their new Dragon Ball Kai cast for the movie.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:33 pm

"On the basis of predominantly positive reviews..." I can't contain my laughter over how they're not even trying to hide their lies.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:09 am

Javaki wrote:Kazé Germany announced today that Resurrection 'F' will be shown in German theaters in 3D, beginning 08 September 2016. Kazé will use their new Dragon Ball Kai cast for the movie.
Oh, that's shit. That cast's quite blergh... (Also, weird to show it so late).

Javaki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Javaki » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:15 am

InfernalVegito wrote:"On the basis of predominantly positive reviews..." I can't contain my laughter over how they're not even trying to hide their lies.
They are not lying. "Real" reviews were predominantly positive. Yes, lots of offending insults have been posted (and are posted right now) on social media, but I wouldn't call those "reviews".
sangofe wrote:
Javaki wrote:Kazé Germany announced today that Resurrection 'F' will be shown in German theaters in 3D, beginning 08 September 2016. Kazé will use their new Dragon Ball Kai cast for the movie.
I don't have a problem with the new cast. It's not perfect, but the old one wasn't as well.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Javaki wrote:
InfernalVegito wrote:"On the basis of predominantly positive reviews..." I can't contain my laughter over how they're not even trying to hide their lies.
They are not lying. "Real" reviews were predominantly positive. Yes, lots of offending insults have been posted (and are posted right now) on social media, but I wouldn't call those "reviews".
sangofe wrote:
I don't have a problem with the new cast. It's not perfect, but the old one wasn't as well.
Yeah, well, I have a problem with it because I know of a cast that was proposed to them that they turned down which was much better and fitting.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:57 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase Resurrection 'F' on Blu-ray 3D with the English dub?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:02 am

I read somewhere that the Hong Kong release has that.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:20 pm

We'll have to keep an eye on if this does get released in China. That Saint Seiya movie that was released there a few weeks ago has played out now so who knows if next it could be this.

hudemx

Post by hudemx » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:11 pm

I thought I would never see the Day that Kazé Germany listens:
Today they announced they are going to use the Z-Cast for Resurrection F! They confirmed that Tommy Morgenstern, Oliver Siebeck and David Nathan are back as Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo :D

Source: https://www.facebook.com/kaze.deutschla ... 5552711871
One of the few...

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 pm

That's interesting. I wonder if it will be only those three or all of the old cast. I deeply hope Wolff is back, though. They even got him back for one second in BoG last year.

In any cast, a precedent seems to have been established.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue May 31, 2016 7:23 am

Well, I'm a little late to the party, but I finally got around to seeing this movie! In English, as per usual with DB stuff for me, for now. I really enjoyed this overall, but here are my additional thoughts and observations.

-Earth's Hell tastes like Diabetes. :lol: Frieza is undergoing the worst torture imaginable for a villain. Being serenaded by teddy bears.
-Jaco's a really fun character! I hope we get to see a lot more of him in the future. It would be nice to see the manga adapted into some animated form as well. :P
-Bulma has a sister named Tights, never mentioned before outside of the aforementioned prequel manga. Retcons. :thumbup:
-Pan, you look like the as of yet unborn Bulla. Huh. :wtf:
-Piccolo is now upgraded to Great Big Green Uncle. :mrgreen:
-Krillin's ring tone, the first OP from One Piece, is a VA joke which actually still works in the English version. Lucky!
-Krillin is so cool. 8) 18 shows a side rarely seen before.
-Cat loves foo- Ok, I'll stop. That pizza looks delicious.
-Mai refers to Trunks as her boyfriend. :shock: Eh, sure, what the heck, why not. It's funny how this is a canon example of a crack pairing. And it's adorable, in a weird way.
-Team Pilaf wishes for a bunch of cash and blasts off again. :lol:
-Vegeta is just as Tsundere as ever, right down to not wanting to hold Goku's hand. :clap:
-Frieza awakens to the sound of a vocal song dedicated to him playing. Also, having a heavy metal song playing a DBZ movie....this isn't the first time it's happened.
-Tagoma didn't last very long. His role reminds me of that one henchman of Slug's who sounded like Oolong.
-Sorbet doesn't have too much going for him, but he's an alright character.
-Chris Ayres knocks it out of the park as usual with his Frieza voice. I never disliked Young's performance, but I still vastly prefer Ayres in the role, since his voice captures the full essence of the character.
-Master Roshi actually gets to take part in the fight this time around! Aw yeah.
-I suppose the attack names like Destructo Disk and Special Beam Cannon are here to stay, seeing as how even Kai switched over to them and this movie uses them. I never had an issue with them, so it's fine.
-The music in the movie is decent, but not particularly memorable. Sounds a lot like Hollywood movies, except for the few synth based tracks.
-Sorbet was able to get a potshot in at Super Saiyan God Blue Whatever It's Called. It works, since he let his guard down and wasn't expecting something like that at all. Everyone pretty much completely forgot about Sorbet after a while. He gets a karmic death later at the hands of a deflected attack from Frieza.
-And the Earth blows up, but then they reverse time and beat Frieza and everything's ok. Yay!
-That ending song, I actually really like. It actually works, in a way, especially with the hints of traditional Asian theme. Also, those lyrics are pretty helpful, since I don't think I could understand this English without it.
-For the first time ever, there's actually a post credits scene, of Frieza in Hell. Enjoy!

Overall, I find myself really liking the new DB stuff I've seen, and the animation style really works as well. Feels like a suitable update and follow up to the old material. I'm looking forward to checking out Super....after seeing Buu Kai, which seems to be taking forever to arrive.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:20 am

sangofe wrote:I read somewhere that the Hong Kong release has that.
I own it, and can confirm it does not include English, but does have English Subtitles.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:57 am

LordCrumb wrote:
sangofe wrote:I read somewhere that the Hong Kong release has that.
I own it, and can confirm it does not include English, but does have English Subtitles.
English sub? Awesome! I might just pick it up then.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Not really a huge fan of the movie.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Not really a huge fan of the movie.
Of course you aren't. You got sent back to the flower fields at the end of the movie. :lol:
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Ah, this thread brings back some memories. :P

Recently watched it again, and the Kanzenshuu review is spot on, the film does go into a bit of a lull when Freeza and Goku start fighting, but nonetheless still a very enjoyable movie. Miles better than whatever Super was trying to do.... :problem:

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:58 pm

On August 27th, Fuji TV will air the Resurrection 'F' special with Mirai Trunks material added. I wonder if FUNimation will re-release that film with such material?
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:03 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:On August 27th, Fuji TV will air the Resurrection 'F' special with Mirai Trunks material added. I wonder if FUNimation will re-release that film with such material?
I am sure they will, if given the opportunity, more milk.