Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Zombie wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zombie wrote: I hope so. I also hope the movie can gives us more info on where he stands power wise. I hope he gets haxed again. :)
It's been too long since we've had some good Piccolo hax.
Indeed. Is it just me or he seems to be more buff in that poster?
I think that's only because he isn't wearing his turban and mantle.
He looks about the same here(though it's a restoration by Nostal, it only differs in the quality):

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 pm

A mysterious pair of planetary warriors, equipped with the latest type of battle armor!! “Tagoma” in particular looks to be wearing a new type of Scouter!!
I just noticed this. Weird that they'd specifically point out his scouter, unless they intended to have him do something with it. Presumably, it also isn't JUST new because of its size, because Toriyama states that dual-eye types exist without implying that they were only created after Freeza's death.
Indeed. Is it just me or he seems to be more buff in that poster?
Piccolo, like all the other characters, can vary between looking his official weight, looking like he took up body building with the Hulk.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm really surprised that so many of us like Freeza to be the villain. But I personally don't like him to be, but let it be, I'm hoping for a good story. This movie will just like BOG was, a nostalgic one. I don't know how could Freeza possibly get a Godly power-up.

The more I'm thinking of it, the more I realize that isn't that huge shock to learn Frieza will be the bad guy here. He was mentioned by Beerus that he will kill him if meets. Vegeta needs some shine, who should have been better than Frieza to be his foe? Not to mention now deserves to kill him... In Dragon Ball Minus he was also mentioned to know about the legend of SSJ God too, so he now will have the opportunity to witness one(or two).
Last edited by Low Tone G on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:It'd be really dumb if this is Gohan. End of Z Gohan's look was consistent with his Super Buu Saga look. I think it's more likely to be Goten.
Gohan's changed his hairstyle a fucktuple amount of times, though. I don't see how it's inconceivable that he changed it again over the course of a decade.
Sure. As I said though, it would be really dumb IMHO because EoZ Gohan and Super Buu Saga Gohan are the same hairstyle except he combed his front bang. Gohan has never reverted to an earlier hairstyle after changing it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:56 pm

The more I read this thread, the more happy I am (albeit curious about how it's gonna work) that Freeza's back, just for the mixed fan reaction, particularly the people who are 100% against it.
RandomGuy96 wrote:All forms of Buu have more back story than Freeza does, and with the exception of Pure Buu, have more personality than him as well.
More back story? Yes, but for all we know this movie is about to fix that. But...more personality? Fat Boo was a manchild even more so than Goku who loved to eat candy, and his appearance completely belied his true (or so it appeared) nature; we didn't get enough of the Grey Boo to determine crap about him; and all the forms of Super Boo basically cackled like a maniac and fought, save for his post-Gohan-absorption state, who seemed to take on an air of arrogance, that seemed to harken back to Cell, and...*gasp*...FREEZA!

I don't dislike Boo, but I think there's a big reason that, for all that he achieves compared to other villains, he's not remembered nearly as fondly by most as the charismatic Freeza is.

On another tangent, I also kind of chuckle over the mysterious Gohan/older Goten/Yamcha-but-they-forgot-his-scars guy in the green outfit, because it harkens back to Videl's BOG design for me. I remember all of us hypothesizing on who that might be, too (I remember being against the design and thinking there was no way it was Videl, initially).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Low Tone G wrote:He was mentioned by Beerus, that he will kill him if meets.
Good thing it will be Freeza killing Beerus here.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:
Lol, I will admit that is an effective way of getting the plot going.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Mmh, on the other hand, if this is really Gohan, then all the Z Fighters on this poster are the ones who last fought Freeza on Namek. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin. :think:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Mmh, on the other hand, if this is really Gohan, then all the Z Fighters on this poster are the ones who last fought Freeza on Namek. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin. :think:
beautiful isn't it?

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:
Freeza will show beerus what a real villain should be like! muhahahaha
Hi

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:03 pm

But...more personality? Fat Boo was a manchild even more so than Goku who loved to eat candy, and his appearance completely belied his true (or so it appeared) nature;
Fat Buu had way more depth to him than the generic short-tempered smug thug that was Freeza. He was very unique among the Z villains.
we didn't get enough of the Grey Boo to determine crap about him;
Grey Buu is Super Buu.
and all the forms of Super Boo basically cackled like a maniac and fought
Did you miss the scenes where he sat quietly and waited? Or when he got impatient and freaked out? Or when he screamed about candy? Or when he was a smart ass to Gotenks and Goku? Or when he made plans to get around his enemy's strength advantage? He did not just cackle and fight, there was plenty of personality to him.
save for his post-Gohan-absorption state, who seemed to take on an air of arrogance, that seemed to harken back to Cell, and...*gasp*...FREEZA!
Quite the opposite, given that he tried to stop Goku and Vegeta from fusing, while Cell outright told his opponents to use hax methods to get stronger than him. He was just confident in himself (note: that's different from arrogance) due to his recent string of victories after his planning. Freeza himself is just a repeat of Vegeta anyway, and he's composed entirely of stock villain traits, so calling anyone else a call back to him just seems silly.
I don't dislike Boo, but I think there's a big reason that, for all that he achieves compared to other villains, he's not remembered nearly as fondly by most as the charismatic Freeza is.
Freeza's not charismatic. Charisma means he has a charm that inspires devotion and loyalty. Freeza doesn't inspire devotion from his henchmen, he just threatens them if they don't do what he says. Even then, they frequently betray him (Nappa, Vegeta), spit on his memory (Cold), or offer to betray him (Cui, Zarbon). There's nothing to him besides his power level, which is way higher than everyone else's for no reason.

Plus, Buu, Cell, and Vegeta all beat him out on the only Japanese popularity polls I've seen IIRC.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:03 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Nightstar1994 wrote:
Lol, I will admit that is an effective way of getting the plot going.
Freeza killing Beerus?

:lolno:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey maybe Piccolo or Gohan or even Krillin will PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK NO...prepare to see their anuses get beaten and say how awesome Goku and possibly Vegeta are.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:
I don't think Toriyama wants Beerus to be killed, even if he will have Beerus to be killed, they will resurrect him as soon as possible. Goku doesn't want to become the next God of Destruction, I don't think Vegeta either. Thw whole story it's pretty much like a what-if for me, but it doesn't stop it to be awesome. I'm very surprised to read here that they don't want(or don't believe) Goten to be that one in green... But In EOZ Goku was shown to train with his younger son. So can see him to repalce Gohan as Goku's student besides Pan :P, who can be 3 years old in the movie. I'm hoping for Bra to also appear.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:It'd be really dumb if this is Gohan. End of Z Gohan's look was consistent with his Super Buu Saga look. I think it's more likely to be Goten.
Gohan's changed his hairstyle a fucktuple amount of times, though. I don't see how it's inconceivable that he changed it again over the course of a decade.
Sure. As I said though, it would be really dumb IMHO because EoZ Gohan and Super Buu Saga Gohan are the same hairstyle except he combed his front bang. Gohan has never reverted to an earlier hairstyle after changing it.
Except that he has almost the same hairstyle in Saiyan & Cell arcs.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

To be honest, I thought it would have been King Piccolo lol. Not a big fan of the title. Revival of Freeza would be better than "F" but that could change lol

Also Goku and Vegeta new costumes?!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
Nightstar1994 wrote:
I don't think Toriyama wants Beerus to be killed, even if he will have Beerus to be killed, they will resurrect him as soon as possible. Goku doesn't want to become the next God of Destruction, I don't think Vegeta either. Thw whole story it's pretty much like a what-if for me, but it doesn't stop it to be awesome. I'm very surprised to read here that they don't want(or don't believe) Goten to be that one in green... But In EOZ Goku was shown to train with his younger son. So can see him to repalce Gohan as Goku's student besides Pan :P, who can be 3 years old in the movie. I'm hoping for Bra to also appear.
Of course I don't mean Beerus getting killed. I mean him getting badly damaged. Maybe Beerus won't be aware of Freeza's change and will take him too lightly at first.
Just thinking about what can happen is getting me excited!

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:10 pm

I almost forgot to contribute. I'm digging Krillin being bald again, I thought Gohan was Yamcha, I love the shading effects on the poster and I'm adoring the new outfits for Goku and Vegeta.

Frieza coming back excites me because Chris Ayres
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:10 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Hey maybe Piccolo or Gohan or even Krillin will PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK NO...prepare to see their anuses get beaten and say how awesome Goku and possibly Vegeta are.
Don't jump the gun just yet. Toriyama has shown in the past he is more than willing throw a bone to guys like Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin if the situation seems right for it.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:10 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Gohan's changed his hairstyle a fucktuple amount of times, though. I don't see how it's inconceivable that he changed it again over the course of a decade.
Except that he has almost the same hairstyle in Saiyan & Cell arcs.
How is that reverting to an earlier hairstyle? It IS the same hairstyle.