Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Marco Polo wrote:How is that reverting to an earlier hairstyle? It IS the same hairstyle.
Have you forgotten Freeza arc?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:13 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:How is that reverting to an earlier hairstyle? It IS the same hairstyle.
Have you forgotten Freeza arc?
I actually did because that was one of the worst hairstyle in the franchise :lol:

Anyway, my only point was that it would be dumb IMO to shove a new hairstyle like that between two previous manga chapters, not that it would be impossible.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Except that he has almost the same hairstyle in Saiyan & Cell arcs.
How is that reverting to an earlier hairstyle? It IS the same hairstyle.
Because he had another hairstyle between those two arcs. Thus in the Cell arc he reverted to an earlier hairstyle.

Edit: That's funny. I didn't get notified about your two messages before posting...
Last edited by dbgtFO on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Something bothers me on the poster. Frieza is shown to have a flame-like aura just like Goku had as a God. But in the movie was shown that the Beerus was some different aura, even though he had the same type of Ki. So I can imagine the Freeza somehow steals Goku's Godly power-up and makes his own had tries to kill Goku to have his revenge. And after that Vegeta will become a God himself too with Bra around, and with the help(mostly advices of them, because Vegeta will not allow for anybody to involve in their battle) of Goku, Whis and Beerus will defeat Freeza.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Low Tone G wrote:Something bothers me on the poster. Freeza is shown to have a flame-like aura just like Goku had as a God. But in the movie was shown that the Beerus was some different aura, even if he had the same type of Ki. So I can imagine the Freeza somehow steals Goku's Godly power-up and makes his own had tries to kill Goku to have his revenge. And after that Vegeta will become a God himself too with Bra around, and with the help(mostly advices of them, because Vegeta will not allow for anybody to involve in their battle) of Goku, Whis and Beerus will defeat Freeza.
Or Vegeta becomes a god first, and Freeza steals the power from him, humiliating Vegeta, and leaving Goku to clean up his mess? Because given their track record, that's more likely to happen.
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Hey maybe Piccolo or Gohan or even Krillin will PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK NO...prepare to see their anuses get beaten and say how awesome Goku and possibly Vegeta are.
Don't jump the gun just yet. Toriyama has shown in the past he is more than willing throw a bone to guys like Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin if the situation seems right for it.
He didn't last time and I doubt he will this time. Everyone except Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis may as well be Yamcha. They all share the role of getting beaten up to make the villain look more powerful and menacing. Last movie that was somewhat rectified with everyone being defeated, but even still I doubt Piccolo after all these years is going to be significant. I also doubt the next generation will be significant as they are a waste of time without a purpose anymore.

I can already imagine Abridged Krillin going "OH GO NO NOT AGAIN. I AM NOT BEING KILLED BY HIM AGAIN!"
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Hey maybe Piccolo or Gohan or even Krillin will PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK NO...prepare to see their anuses get beaten and say how awesome Goku and possibly Vegeta are.
Don't jump the gun just yet. Toriyama has shown in the past he is more than willing throw a bone to guys like Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin if the situation seems right for it.
Krillin's Taiyoken+Kienzan combination = R.I.P. Freeza 8)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:Something bothers me on the poster. Freeza is shown to have a flame-like aura just like Goku had as a God. But in the movie was shown that the Beerus was some different aura, even if he had the same type of Ki. So I can imagine the Freeza somehow steals Goku's Godly power-up and makes his own had tries to kill Goku to have his revenge. And after that Vegeta will become a God himself too with Bra around, and with the help(mostly advices of them, because Vegeta will not allow for anybody to involve in their battle) of Goku, Whis and Beerus will defeat Freeza.
Or Vegeta becomes a god first, and Freeza steals the power from him, humiliating Vegeta, and leaving Goku to clean up his mess? Because given their track record, that's more likely to happen.
That seems like the most likely outcome. Then this happens:

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Krillin's Taiyoken+Kienzan combination = R.I.P. Freeza 8)
If that actually happens in the movie, I will fly to Japan and give Toriyama a huge hug. :clap:

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:23 pm

I go to bed with the thread at 107 pages. I wake up and it's at 125. Fuck you, guys. :P

So anyway, still reading through the previous pages, so I might be repeating some things, buuut:

- I'm surprised people are reacting so negatively to this. With the way Beerus and Whis were talking about him at the start of BOG, I think it's a logical choice. And guys, Freeza. FREEZA. The villain that probably defines the franchise. And also, remember how we reacted when we first saw the BOG poster? "Rargh, it's a fuckin' rabbit-cat man." Stay positive everyone. :wink:

- Already liking the poster a lot more than BOG's. Can already tell there'll be a bit more substance to this film.

- The people who were upset with BOG will probably get their wish (Heh, wish) for a more traditional DBZ movie this time around. Hope we retain some of the really positive elements from BOG though. I still hope the movie retains Toriyama's trademark humour, which I'm sure it will, but I get the feeling it won't be as prominent this time around.

- I like how he got the idea for the title from listening to Maximum the Hormone. Hopefully F is used as an insert song at some point in the film. :D

- I'm surprised people haven't been talking/complaining about this one: 3D. Let's all hope that this doesn't mean more bad CG...which I'm sure it does (Stay positive. Stay positive). Ah well, guess after I-MAX, 3D was the next logical step. Gotta give the kiddies that extra incentive to go somehow.

Plot Twist:
EDIT: Couple of other things:

- Notice how Toriyama has stuck to his classic duo of a tall guy along with a short guy, in regards to the new henchmen. :P
- Also, this means we get to hear Chris Ayres' Freeza again when the movie gets dubbed.
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:24 pm

This made my day, on ANN:
penguintruth wrote:Maybe Freeza becomes a rival of Trunks for Mai's affections. Or maybe Bulma puts him to work at Capsule Corp.
They should play up the comedy of the situation of Freeza, now completely out of his league with ANY of Goku's group (save for Roshi, Oolong, and Pu'er), making impotent threats and everybody just laughs at him.
The film explores Freeza's inability to come to grips with his irrelevance. He goes to a support group where he meets Broly. Yamucha is the group counselor. Gohan guest speaks on Fridays.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Or Vegeta becomes a god first, and Freeza steals the power from him, humiliating Vegeta, and leaving Goku to clean up his mess? Because given their track record, that's more likely to happen.
Nah. If Toriyama was willing to Vegeta one of the most contrived rage induced power ups ever and have him kick Beerus' ass, I'm sure he be more than willing to let Vegeta have center stage in a movie if he had full control of it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Mmh, on the other hand, if this is really Gohan, then all the Z Fighters on this poster are the ones who last fought Freeza on Namek. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin. :think:
Haha I knew I wasn't the only one who made that connection.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
That seems like the most likely outcome. Then this happens:

And then Spongebob will laugh at his pain
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Or Vegeta becomes a god first, and Freeza steals the power from him, humiliating Vegeta, and leaving Goku to clean up his mess? Because given their track record, that's more likely to happen.
Nah. If Toriyama was willing to Vegeta one of the most contrived rage induced power ups ever and have him kick Beerus' ass, I'm sure he be more than willing to let Vegeta have center stage in a movie if he had full control of it.
Except...he didn't kick Beerus's ass? He powered up, and then got crushed. See:Freeza fight (twice), fight with 18, fight with Cell, again against Cell, against Fat Buu...
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm

MCDaveG wrote:This made my day, on ANN:
penguintruth wrote:Maybe Freeza becomes a rival of Trunks for Mai's affections. Or maybe Bulma puts him to work at Capsule Corp.
They should play up the comedy of the situation of Freeza, now completely out of his league with ANY of Goku's group (save for Roshi, Oolong, and Pu'er), making impotent threats and everybody just laughs at him.
The film explores Freeza's inability to come to grips with his irrelevance. He goes to a support group where he meets Broly. Yamucha is the group counselor. Gohan guest speaks on Fridays.
Okay, that is pretty funny. :lol:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:30 pm

I think we should have a separate thread for news updates only, and leave the discussion to this thread, so we don't have to wade through 15 pages of "OMG it's Freeza" to get to the actual news.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:32 pm

So some of you'd rather have your 'lolz Freeza' feelings validated rather than get a possibly interesting movie? :? I mean, no offense, but...hell, I'm the biggest Kuririn fan around, but if that (or any other 'lolz let's just have Freeza be a joke in this movie after all this build up info and poster') happened, I'd be disappointed, especially after this is being touted as a 'bigger' film than BOG was.

Not to say I wouldn't be behind this being a mislead though, and Freeza, despite playing a large part, actually has less to do with the main threat than we think.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Except...he didn't kick Beerus's ass? He powered up, and then got crushed. See:Freeza fight (twice), fight with 18, fight with Cell, again against Cell, against Fat Buu...
Same thing happened to Goku. He got humiliated in combat by Beerus twice in that movie. Hell, since the Freeza Arc Vegeta has actually had a better in combat than Goku has.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Now I'm really looking forward for the trailer. It could appear in December of in January only?
Last edited by Low Tone G on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...