Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Marco Polo wrote:What if Goku and Freeza ally themselves against Beerus or something?
Nah. That would never happen. Freeza hates Saiyan's too much that his huge ego and pride wouldn't allow such a thing to happen.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:The movie ends after 5 minutes with Freeza destroying the planet from orbit while everyone's asleep. All hail Lord Freeza!
Freeza: See I can tell time, stop mocking me!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
The 2008 special already sort of used that concept, since the villains in that special were established as having been as strong as Freeza. Besides, the idea of devoting the story to having a joke villain may work for a 30 minute special, but for a two hour movie, there's going to have to be some genuine conflict if you ask me.
There was no real threat in BOG, it was just a series of gags, but people seemed to like it well enough.
Not really, BOG may have had a very comedic tone to it, but Beerus did provide a genuine conflict for the film. He was the strongest opponent Goku and the others had ever faced, and the Earth was in actual danger of being destroyed.
I highly doubt that. It seemed to me that he didn't even want to destroy the planet, and he just created a convenient excuse to get out of doing it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: True, but how is that Goku being humiliated? Goku knew that he was beaten, and acknowledged that. He accepted the loss gracefully, and Beerus acknowledged what a good foe he was. Hell, Beerus's master congratulated Goku on his effort, and offered him Beerus's job!

How, in any way, does that translate into Goku being humiliated?
Because if that happens to any other character it's classified as a humiliating defeat. It's the sort of standard that many DB fans have these days. If you don't absolute own your opponent it battle, than any other outcome is seen as humiliating. I personally find that kind of mindset annoying.
No, Vegeta is humiliated because he doesn't accept it. Vegeta becomes so arrogant and overconfident that he gets in the mindset that he's unbeatable. That's why he's humiliated when he loses. Humiliation is a product of mindset, not physical fights. Goku, when he loses, accepts it and tries to get better. Vegeta whines about how it's impossible.

Vegeta gets humiliated, Goku gets humbled.
Well, I guess that's a good way of summing it up. But go on YouTube and it's a different story to other people.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:28 pm

I was really hoping that they would use this movie to revive Boo and be the prologue to Oob's reincarnation.... what relevance does Freeza really have now? Unless hes now reincarnated into a God of some sort; and somehow kills Goku right away and leaves Vegeta the only one left he doubts could ever beat him; to take him on.. I don't know how Toriyama can run with this. It should have been King Cold. The last Cold-Clan character that never actually shown us why he should be feared..
At least all that Broly and Evil Goku talk can finally be thrown out.
dbzfan7 wrote:Damn I hoped the person in green was Yamcha. I'd like Trunks to be in the movie as an adult or just to be seen by Freeza since Freeza may believe he's the same Trunks who killed him. Don't really want Gohan, or Goten in the movie since it's painfully clear they're lost causes at this point, whom have nothing to bring but being jobbers for the bad guy to beat up. Next Gen be damned, they're time killers at this point and nothing more.
I really wish Gohan and Goten were benched with Yamcha and Chaotzu for the rest of the series considering how useless they are individually. Goten isnt anything at all but Fusion fodder. Gohan cant fight his way out of a paper bag, and his Ultimate power is just wasted by him ignoring it all the time. Trunks at least being Vegeta's son would give Freeza something to mock or someone Vegeta would need to protect....
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:29 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Not really, BOG may have had a very comedic tone to it, but Beerus did provide a genuine conflict for the film. He was the strongest opponent Goku and the others had ever faced, and the Earth was in actual danger of being destroyed.

I highly doubt that. It seemed to me that he didn't even want to destroy the planet, and he just created a convenient excuse to get out of doing it.
Really 'cuz it sure looked like he wanted to destroy it at every opportunity ( cheating at rock paper scissors), it was only until after he saw Goku's potential that he changed his mind.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Well, I guess that's a good of summing it up. But go on YouTube and it's a different story to other people.
We don't discuss them.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Retan
Temporarily Banned

Post by Retan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:33 pm

So why is the title Resurrection of F, and not Resurrection of Freeza?

I mean are they trying to surprise us, or is there more to it?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Retan wrote:So why is the title Resurrection of F, and not Resurrection of Freeza?

It'd be a bit lacking as a surprise, seeing as Freeza is the centerpiece of the picture :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:35 pm

At first I was like "wtf is Yamcha doing in a DBZ movie poster?" and then I went "Oh shit, he has no facial scars, he's Gohan!" :wtf:

I love this idea. Freeza is also my favorite villain, because he seems to be the only one who actually has a back story (I mean, Cell was just an embryo in a tank and Buu was simply created or released by a magician) and because I think he's probably the most iconic. Dragonball had its highest levels of popularity during the Freeza saga, and I think Toriyama also thinks highly of him because he decided to comment about him in BOG and then DB minus happened. So I'm totally on board with this.

Toei has screwed up Freeza a lot though, so I agree that it will be hard to revive him and have him be a threat without a good story behind it. I'm really excited anyway, especially if Gohan is actually going to show up in this movie for something that's not comedic or mushy purposes like in BOG (not that I mind it, I would watch an entire movie about Great Saiyaman's goofy antics gladly).

THat symbol on Goku's new gi looks really out of place though, because it's not even in a circle or anything. I hope this isn't just a Vegeta-fest either, and I also hope that Goten and Trunks appear somewhere and don't look 5 years old anymore.

And well... that haircut looks absolutely appalling on Gohan, but he's the king of nerds after all so I should just deal with it.
Last edited by garnetjester on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Nod to the maximum the hormone song is the F in the title.
I am happy this movie comes out in April though. Golden Week proper would been a mess of a weekend for me due to rl stuff.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Retan wrote:So why is the title Resurrection of F, and not Resurrection of Freeza?

I think it's just a stylistic choice, similar to the Gold Saints spinoff of Saint Seiya that was titled "Episode G" instead of Episode Gold.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Damn I hoped the person in green was Yamcha. I'd like Trunks to be in the movie as an adult or just to be seen by Freeza since Freeza may believe he's the same Trunks who killed him. Don't really want Gohan, or Goten in the movie since it's painfully clear they're lost causes at this point, whom have nothing to bring but being jobbers for the bad guy to beat up. Next Gen be damned, they're time killers at this point and nothing more.
I really wish Gohan and Goten were benched with Yamcha and Chaotzu for the rest of the series considering how useless they are individually. Goten isnt anything at all but Fusion fodder. Gohan cant fight his way out of a paper bag, and his Ultimate power is just wasted by him ignoring it all the time. Trunks at least being Vegeta's son would give Freeza something to mock or someone Vegeta would need to protect....
I don't want that to happen, but at this point they might as well bench them. Also Gohan was trained by Piccolo and Goku, so it's kinda silly to diss his skills unless Piccolo and Goku taught him absolutely nothing and were shitty teachers or he just was lazy throughout their training and learned nothing. I kinda doubt that as it takes skill to use those special techniques. But yes Ultimate Potential was a waste of time that lead to nothing. But so did fusion and Super Saiyan 3 which neither accomplished anything. Trunks may as well be around so Freeza can remember who actually killed him as he should have a beef with Trunks as well as Goku.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Well this was shocking!!
Watching the news this morning and think to myself " Another boring day without exciting news" and them BOOM, I see this. (I remembered Chuquita)

I have mixed feeling toward this.
First I was disappointed by the worst wish be a revival. I was expecting something more terrifying like: Connect all universes.
But when they told it would be a revival, I decided I wanted the original super saiyan god or a new god.
Turns out its Freeza...It's not bad but not what I was expecting

Some pages behind I was saying that Freeza will always be the most famous and emblematic villain. But I wasn't expecting for him to come back xD.

In other hand, if a old villain had to be revived, Freeza is by far the best choice. He's the only only really connected to the saiyan race.
From what we saw in Battle of Gods, Beerus and Whis know Freeza so I'm interested to see where this is going and these two role is.
I'm expecting Vegeta to shine more than BOG. Maybe he will know more about the saiyan race past and the original super saiyan god.

Toriyama already had confirmed this movie would be more serious. And now anyone looking to that visual, gets that. Freeza won't joke around.

So in other words, I'm disappointed for not being a new villain and the new characters only being Freeza soldiers (When I was expecting Gods) but at the same time hyped, because its Freeza-sama.

Its funny to see the Broly fanboys crying by the way. :D
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:40 pm

I don't understand thinking Goten is useless but Trunks isn't though. I hope they don't bench them because I don't want a DBZ where only Goku and Vegeta exist, that happened in GT and no thank you.

Gohan prefers to be a great scientist (whatever that is) rather than fighting, so even though he's my favorite character I agree that he doesn't really add much fighting wise. He didn't do anything in BOG though, so maybe he actually fights this time, I hope so.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:47 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Lord knows I've written and read enough fanfiction about it, lol.
And your premise was much better than this movie's unless Toei can show us otherwise.
garnetjester wrote:At first I was like "wtf is Yamcha doing in a DBZ movie poster?" and then I went "Oh shit, he has no facial scars, he's Gohan!" :wtf:
I never even thought. I was seeing the talk about Bowl Cut Gohan and thinking "ehh?"
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Big Momma wrote:
B wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:It all makes sense given that Freeza was apparently still alive in Neko Majin and Vegeta worked for him, plus he had a son.
Forget everything I said; if Kreeza actually shows up and has father-son shenanigans, then best movie of the year
If we get Kuriza and Tarble, then I'll be sold. :thumbup:
Can I ask for Neko Majin Z in his koala outfit to fight Sorbet? I'd love a "picture with a koala" gag.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Retan
Temporarily Banned

Post by Retan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:50 pm

It looks like there ready to fight, except Gohan is in a green aerobics outfit (Boy Chuquita you must have toriyama by the ear or something :lol:) Maybe Kuririn has begun training again, for whatever reason. Beerus and even Whis look like there action poses as well, so I'm sure they'll all fight in some context in the movie. :P

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 pm

I just hope they don't fight on Namek again!! Not even a little throwback to that place please..

I really thought that was Yamcha at first too.. Still looks more like Yamcha than Gohan haha. What's with the track outfits? He just looks like he's gonna go on a marathon..

Maybe Frieza will have an army in this movie? That would make things a little more interesting.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:55 pm

I wonder if Gohan will revert to Ultimate hairstyle when he powers up?
Last edited by Marco Polo on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.