Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 am

Gokû is special to him. (*´▽`*)
Sweet. So sweet.

Ok, I'm going to sleep for real now. >_>
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:41 am

SaiyanZ wrote:
Ah I see. Still, if Naruto didn't respond to Hinata's confession during the Pain arc, then I don't know how a movie after Neji's death is going to convince me. But like I said, I'll reserve judgment when I watch it, I just found the summary terrible, with I think it was the Cloud Village building a cannon that can blow up the moon, 2 years after the fight with Kaguya and the rest. Just comes off as fanfic-ish to me
The movie addresses the confession. Naruto didn't take it to mean she romantically liked him. He thinks she likes him how he likes ramen. He grew up without parents, so he doesn't recognize romantic love. Early on in the comic Shikamaru outright says he doesn't understand romance either when he speaks with his dad about how his mom constantly runs their lives for them. Shikaku's only explanation for why he married her is "Well, even your mom has moments when she is soft" which seems like Kishimoto's way of saying "you can't really explain this stuff." Then again, that scene was written before he got married himself, so take it as you will. :lol: Later on Naruto is caught up in a genjutsu that allows him to peak into Hinata's mind and it is there that he begins to connect the dots. Romantic feelings aren't just normal feelings, they're transformative and defining. Naruto realizes he's found someone who actually feels something genuine and pure toward him. That's certainly something worth a couple of dates, especially given it's exactly what Naruto has been looking for.

As for the cannon, it's established that the great nations are all working together now, so it makes sense that such a sudden combination of people and ideas would result in an explosion of new ideas and technology. Heck, there's digital cameras in the movie...including wedding scene selfies!

...now I wish we had gotten a Gohan and Videl wedding movie...
Chuquita wrote:*Googles Shingo Ishikawa*.
*Sees credits include key animation in Movie 12.* Nice!
Is there any video showing what parts were his?
Not that I know of, but we do know he was animation supervisor for numerous episodes of Dragon Ball Z during the Majin Buu arc.

EDIT: Crap, didn't see you had already checked the website. The film's staff definitely looks like Yamamuro called back anyone he might have gotten to know working on Dragon Ball Z, though.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:43 am

I wonder why Goku is showing mercy now, when he had no problem killing Yakon & Buu. Huh. So it looks like Whis was commenting on Goku's gullibility during their training rather than his "overconfidence".
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:43 am

So as a rough percentage how much of this movie is action?

Do any of the fight scenes with Frieza top Goku's fight with Beerus?

When was the Maximum the Hormone F song used?

That girly pop idol song wasn't in the movie itself was it?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:46 am

Hey, few questions if you don't mind answering, Kei17. :oops:
- At what point is the song, 'F' used in the film?
- Is there anything cool that plays alongside the credits? For example, we had a recap of the Manga at the end of BOG
- Does the 20th Century Fox logo play at the start?

Thanks. :)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:47 am

SaiyanZ wrote:I wonder why Goku is showing mercy now, when he had no problem killing Yakon & Buu. Huh. So it looks like Whis was commenting on Goku's gullibility during their training rather than his "overconfidence".
Well Yakon was an idiot he ate too much light and his tummy couldnt handle it.
About buu he did show mercy even saying that he wishes he be reborn into someone thats not evil (not really sure if this was the line tho)
Vegeta did comment that Goku always show mercy to anyone even his greatest foe's. Goku's become waaaay to soft to a way that it aint even funny anymore. He's becoming more and more like sun wukong, I mean that monkey king never cared for anything besides playing around and owning God's.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:50 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Hey, few questions if you don't mind answering, Kei17. :oops:
- Is there anything cool that plays alongside the credits? For example, we had a recap of the Manga at the end of BOG

- 'F' plays when Freeza's body gets regenerated. Not during battles.
- No, just showing clips from the movie with credits.
- Yes, it does.

SaiyanBaller22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanBaller22 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:52 am

Hey Kei17! Only thing I'm curious right now is if Lord Beerus and Freeza exchange words with eachother?! Thanks that would be all

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:52 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:I wonder why Goku is showing mercy now, when he had no problem killing Yakon & Buu. Huh. So it looks like Whis was commenting on Goku's gullibility during their training rather than his "overconfidence".
About buu he did show mercy even saying that he wishes he be reborn into someone thats not evil (not really sure if this was the line tho)
Vegeta did comment that Goku always show mercy to anyone even his greatest foe's. Goku's become waaaay to soft to a way that it aint even funny anymore. He's becoming more and more like sun wukong, I mean that monkey king never cared for anything besides playing around and owning God's.
Yeah, but considering how adamant he was in helping Gohan kill Cell I'd think he wouldn't resort to that mercy again, especially given the blast he fired at Freeza that seemingly "killed" him. It seems to me that he had no problem taking or helping in taking the life of other villains after that. I always said that was his biggest character arc after training under Kami, since we see him let go of Raditz's tail, scold Vegeta when he kills Burter, Recoome & Jeice, etc and then him becoming a Super Saiyan is meant to cast aside/conquer that "mercy".
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:53 am

I'm a bit surprised Toriyama was critical of Gokuu in the movie, given how proud he is of his Gokuu having so much of his own poisonous personality. This should be fascinating to see play up on screen.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:56 am

I don't know guys... but I really wanna just sit down and have a BIG ASS dose of DB action. So I'll take it!.

Lots of comments here are just too annoying. Enjoy the awesome answers we are getting about the movie, this is supposed to make us happy as dbz fans, not blast us off into despair D:
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:57 am

kei17 wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Kei17, how was the animation, the in-motion, and the overall direction of animation? Did it look better than Battle of Gods?

As the director, did Tadayoshi Yamamuro surpass your expectations or it's as we feared?
It DID look better than BoG. The characters were on-model and the key animators did a really good job. Yamamuro's direction didn't bother me much, too.
Knowing you, it must have impressed you given that it was Yamamuro's first direction job. I wonder how he managed to make the animation much better than the previous movie. Given your list of key animators, it seems Yamamuro was able to get some connections with the past animators from Dragon Ball Z.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:59 am

kei17 wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Is there anything cool that plays alongside the credits?
No, just showing clips from the movie with credits.
Well, darn. I wish they'd have done something more creative, but hey, it's not like this isn't the norm for DBZ movies...

I feel bad asking a question, Kei, but... Yamcha and Chaozu don't show up either, do they?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:00 am

SaiyanZ wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Yeah, but considering how adamant he was in helping Gohan kill Cell I'd think he wouldn't resort to that mercy again, especially given the blast he fired at Freeza that seemingly "killed" him. It seems to me that he had no problem taking or helping in taking the life of other villains after that. I always said that was his biggest character arc after training under Kami, since we see him let go of Raditz's tail, scold Vegeta when he kills Burter, Recoome & Jeice, etc and then him becoming a Super Saiyan is meant to cast aside/conquer that "mercy".
He did show mercy to fat buu ''cuz he wanted the one's living on earth to be the one that kills its own enemy, not him since he's already dead'' he coulda killed fat buu and that thin buu but decides to let Gohan Goten and Trunks do it instead. Like AT wanted he wants Goku to be a pure being and he means really pure, like fighting is only a sport/game to him even if it means his family and friends are in danger as long as he has a strong opponent to fight that doesnt matter to him. I may be wrong tho but this is how I see him, fitting for a sun wukong ver of japan. What I want to know if what happened in FnF is also an introduction to have Goku change that attitude of his.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:02 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Well Yakon was an idiot he ate too much light and his tummy couldnt handle it.
He did show mercy to fat buu ''cuz he wanted the one's living on earth to be the one that kills its own enemy, not him since he's already dead'' he coulda killed fat buu and that thin buu but decides to let Gohan Goten and Trunks do it instead. Like AT wanted he wants Goku to be a pure being and he means really pure, like fighting is only a sport/game to him even if it means his family and friends are in danger as long as he has a strong opponent to fight that doesnt matter to him. I may be wrong tho but this is how I see him, fitting for a sun wukong ver of japan. What I want to know if what happened in FnF is also an introduction to have Goku change that attitude of his.
I felt that change already happened though. Perhaps its another version of that whole "live with the shame" speech he gave to Freeza on Namek before he attacked with the Kienzan? Then I'd be fine with it

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 am

Some questions for Kei17 please :P

1. in regards to the score, is the majority of the music orchestra or it's mostly synths like Kai and BoG?. Are there motifs? Does Freeza have his own motif?

2. I'm sorry if you have answered this before, is the blue ssjg thing real?. Too many pages XD

3. Does the idol group sing in an important scene? was it annoying?
Last edited by Black_Liger on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 am

kei17 wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Hey, few questions if you don't mind answering, Kei17. :oops:

- 'F' plays when Freeza's body gets regenerated. Not during battles.
Aw, I was hoping it would be during his fight with Goku and Vegeta or at least with the soldiers like in the trailer. Feels like a missed opportunity to me.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:05 am

Anyway Elitism is going strong in this thread. Must reach over 8000 posts in order for my offtopic conversation about naruto not get deleted by a mod?
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:06 am

SaiyanBaller22 wrote:Hey Kei17! Only thing I'm curious right now is if Lord Beerus and Freeza exchange words with eachother?! Thanks that would be all
Freeza notices Beerus and calls him Beerus-sama with a surprised and scared face, but he gives Beerus some mouth and shows a confident attitude.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:07 am

SaiyanZ wrote:

I felt that change already happened though. Perhaps its another version of that whole "live with the shame" speech he gave to Freeza on Namek before he attacked with the Kienzan? Then I'd be fine with it
I felt the opposite after I saw him play around with Yakon and laughing all the time mostly after I found out he was playin around with fat buu just so his kids can be the one to kill buu. Yeah I would love it if Goku had this deep regret of sorrow and shame that bcuz of him everyone died before his eyes AGAIN and in a bad way. That would be good development for him and hopefully would open a new Goku in the sequel if there ever will be one.