Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'd be surprised if we don't get a trailer at Jump Festa.

Also, I hope we get a high res scan of the poster soon to confirm if it's Yamcha or Gohan.
There's no scars. It has to be Goten or Gohan. Gohan probably as the hairstyle is reminiscent of his Namek hair style.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Also, I hope we get a high res scan of the poster soon to confirm if it's Yamcha or Gohan.
Here ya' go: http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... /dbf01.jpg
(Not full size, click the link)

Kei17 posted this a few pages back, but I wouldn't expect many people to have seen it given the fact that the thread's grown 20+ pages over the course of a few hours.
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:24 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:

Here ya' go. Kei17 posted this a few pages back, but I wouldn't expect many people to have seen it given the fact that the thread's grown 20+ pages over the course of a few hours: http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... /dbf01.jpg
Is it just me or he doesn't have Mystic eyes? #theydonegoofedagain :lol:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Kei17 posted this a few pages back, but I wouldn't expect many people to have seen it given the fact that the thread's grown 20+ pages over the course of a few hours.
That really looks like Yamcha to me, but common sense is saying Gohan or Goten.

As for the plot,I'd love it if Freeza ended up not being the final villain, and he and Vegeta/Goku ended up having to team up to defeat the baddie. I imagine the banter between them would be hilarious. :lol:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Either Goku's gi will have a darker shade of orange on the lower part of it or it's just shading.
But I'd like that, kinda like his special contest outfit back in the 23rd TB.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm so glad Freeza is coming back. He's looking quite tough in that new artwork. I can't wait for this movie.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:32 pm

My initial thought about the guy in the green outfit behind Krillin was "Yamcha...? Tiencha without the third eye...?", but its got to be Gohan, surely?

Krillin is going to start shaving his head again, does this mean he will be officially coming out of Martial Arts "retirement"?
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanos wrote:I think the most interesting result of this would be Freeza ultimately not being killed/dying and being let go or whatever. How crazy would it be if he were just out there, alive? :wtf:
It won't surprise me if Freeza ends up not being killed off seeing that they didn't kill off Beerus in BOG. Maybe Freeza will become immortal and is force to leave the Planet at the end of the movie.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:35 pm

TheZFighter wrote:Krillin is going to start shaving his head again, does this mean he will be officially coming out of Martial Arts "retirement"?
Maybe he founds his martial art school like he does in Dragon Ball Online.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Y'know, I cant get over how much better this poster looks than the BOG one. Everyone looks so much more on-model. Still kinda generic, but I like it. There's something a lot cleaner and sleeker about the whole thing and it definitely fits with the darker vibe I've been getting from this movie so far:
ImageImage

Hm, Beerus looks kinda concerned in the new one, actually. Wouldn't be surprised if they used him and Whis as comic relief throughout the film.

I also have to wonder how long they've been planning this movie. All of the discussion about Freeza in BOG has got me thinking that they've had this in mind for a long time, especially since Beerus apparently doesn't like him all that much. Will Freeza tie into the legend of the Super Saiyan God some how?

EDIT: Ugh, another thought popped into my head (I'll be here all day at this rate). How many wishes will the Dragon Balls be able to grant in this film? Because if it's more than one, then that could explain how Freeza is able to compete with the Buu-era cast of heroes.
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Ok, I for one am glad they aren't doing an "Ancient evil awakens!" story.. those are far too overplayed now.

Please, for the love of god Toriyama don't have Vegeta get his ass completely handed to him AGAIN! Would like it if final battle was Goku and Vegeta Vs Frieza with Vegeta getting the killing blow.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:Krillin is going to start shaving his head again, does this mean he will be officially coming out of Martial Arts "retirement"?
Maybe he founds his martial art school like he does in Dragon Ball Online.
Possibly yeah.

Really interested to see how Frieza and these two new guys feature.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:40 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:...Will Freeza tie into the legend of the Super Saiyan God some how?
Yep, Bardock will be the original SSJ God!
[/sarcasm]

I'm interested to see how they work the idea in to fit with Freeza, though.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:45 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: EDIT: Ugh, another thought popped into my head (I'll be here all day at this rate). How many wishes will the Dragon Balls be able to grant in this film? Because if it's more than one, then that could explain how Freeza is able to compete with the Buu-era cast of heroes.
He can survive in space. Just have him nuke Earth from orbit, making faces at everyone.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

GsTvo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GsTvo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Gohan!? What happened with you? After Cell arc. all about you sounds like a joke...
Freeza eh? Well if you think about it, who else could be revived? Cell, Boo? It make sense. Freeza come back to life and somehow raises his battle power, fights with Goku or Vegeta and Beerus apears with Whis... I don't know but like somebody said, Freeza is THE VILLIAN of Dragon Ball (even if its not my favourite), so its normal that Toriyama choose him.

What's up with Goku clothes? maybe he trains with Beerus during the movie...
Vegeta looks fucking amazing, this has to be his movie, it's time, he deserve it! (without any silly transformation)

The poster looks nice, with a dark sense, not like BOG that ended up being so childish as the poster promised. With this, it is too early to hope for a good animation?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm going to bet that Freeza is going to mistaken Kid Trunks (or Teen Trunks by now) as Future Trunks. It could go something like this:

Freeza: "YOU!! I remember you! You're the guy that killed me!"

Trunks "Sorry you must mistaken me for someone else Mister."
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Big Momma wrote:

That really looks like Yamcha to me, but common sense is saying Gohan or Goten.

As for the plot,I'd love it if Freeza ended up not being the final villain, and he and Vegeta/Goku ended up having to team up to defeat the baddie. I imagine the banter between them would be hilarious. :lol:
I hope so too. I love Vegeta Gokû banter. X3

Thank you for the high res.

I want to say it's Gohan, but the absence of Goten and Trunks, and bald Kuririn make me think Yamcha and wish-induced AU's.

It does feel suspect that the kids are missing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:
I hope so too. I love Vegeta Gokû banter. X3

Thank you for the high res.

I want to say it's Gohan, but the absence of Goten and Trunks, and bald Kuririn make me think Yamcha and wish-induced AU's.

It does feel suspect that the kids are missing.
There are no scars on his face, and if you look closely the outline of his eye cuts off just like with the rest of the Son boys. Plus the jumpsuit has the Saiyaman colors. It's definitely Gohan.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Here's my theory:

Frieza gets revived by his two soldiers and is humiliated by the Z fighters. Realizing he is essentially impotent in Universe 7, he decides to find a way to get to a weaker universe to reclaim his power. Goku spares his life but is intrigued at the idea of finding new universes because he wants to fight stronger opponents. He agrees to work with Frieza and figure out how to do it. Beerus and Whis get wind of this somehow and try to stop them with the help of Vegeta. In the end, Goku and Frieza succeed, or possibly Goku changes his mind but Frieza still succeeds. They open the universal gateways and accidentally set loose strong villains onto the other universes. Enter movie 3...

Some additional thoughts:

-I'm hoping Vegeta has caught up to Goku. The new outfits also suggest that they may have been trained by Whis.
-The movie poster seems to be a callback to the Namek Arc. Perhaps Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo will have larger roles.
-The return of scouters hopefully means we get some new power levels.
-Goku as an antagonist is long deserved, and would fit with Toriyama's quote about Vegeta being the main protagonist next time.
-I do not want a God power up or Immortality for Frieza. The former would not make sense and the latter would just be annoying.

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:10 pm

So this new DBZ movie is about bring Freeza back to life?

I'm sorry but I don't really see the threat here.

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Gotenks, Piccolo and Buu are all wayyyy stronger than Freeza.

And if there is some bs where Freeza is somehow stronger Goku and Vegeta could just fuse to take care of him. Or Gotenks.

Or even Buu on his own should be able to take him out because of his regeneration.