Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:50 pm

rereboy wrote:As for Freeza, his story had already been concluded. Even his return as Mecha-Freeza in the manga was a bonus (to set up the next arc).
His return made him look like nothing which is thankfully being fixed in this movie.
Beerus-sama wrote:Maybe Freeza is golden because of the movie premiering in the golden week?
That...makes sense and is something I can see Toriyama doing. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Sounds like there aiming for 4 Billion yen this time.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Retan wrote:

Is that in Japan only or worldwide ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:54 pm

sintzu wrote:
His return made him look like nothing which is thankfully being fixed in this movie.
Not really since it makes him look a lazy idiot for going to Earth without training and it contradicts the very clear intent shown in the manga of Freeza being "garbage", even with a power-up, compared to the SSJs of the android arc.

With the introduction of this movie, that intent is swept under the rug and replaced with the notion that Freeza is a lazy idiot that could have done this after his defeat on Namek, crushing all his foes.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:I'm honestly curious if people would be reacting this way if the movies were manga chapters during the original serialization. Do you think people would still have the same complaints they do now?
Regarding Golden Freeza? Well, we got Mecha Freeza, which is nearly as a tacky as both a plot point and design, only getting points for being more elaborate than it ultimately had to be.
sintzu wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:Maybe Freeza is golden because of the movie premiering in the golden week?
That...makes sense and is something I can see Toriyama doing. :lol:
Coming from Mister "Z is the last letter of the (English) alphabet, right? Call it that!", I would not put it past him at all.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
Retan wrote:

Is that in Japan only or worldwide ?

Japan alone made 3 billion for BoG or at least close to it, so I suspect Japan only, but we'll need a better translator to be sure.
Last edited by Retan on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 pm

rereboy wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Not really since it makes him look a lazy idiot for going to Earth without training and it contradicts the very clear intent shown in the manga of Freeza being "garbage", even with a power-up, compared to the SSJs of the android arc.

With the introduction of this movie, that intent is swept under the rug and replaced with the notion that Freeza is a lazy idiot that could have done this after his defeat on Namek, crushing all his foes.
To rectify this I take the opinion that Freeza's cybernetics were holding back his full potential. As when his organic side got more powerful his mechanical side wouldn't have been able to keep up.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Retan wrote:

Didn't BoG just about reach the 3 Billion goal? So aiming for 4 this time sounds good, because it shows they have confidence in the movie. At least that why I interpret.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 pm

The Monkey King wrote:To rectify this I take the opinion that Freeza's cybernetics were holding back his full potential. As when his organic side got more powerful his mechanical side wouldn't have been able to keep up.
That's a valid theory but its useless if its not presented as an explanation in the movie. It really shouldn't be the fans' job to try to make sense out of things.

Furthermore, considering that Toriyama stated that the androids can get stronger by training, and they don't even have natural Ki, it would be weird for Mecha-Freeza to not be able to improve by training since he actually has a natural Ki.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:09 pm

rereboy wrote:
The Monkey King wrote:To rectify this I take the opinion that Freeza's cybernetics were holding back his full potential. As when his organic side got more powerful his mechanical side wouldn't have been able to keep up.
That's a valid theory but its useless if its not presented as an explanation in the movie. It really shouldn't be the fans' job to try to make sense out of things.

Furthermore, considering that Toriyama stated that the androids can get stronger by training, and they don't even have natural Ki, it would be weird for Mecha-Freeza to not be able to improve by training since he actually has a natural Ki.
Why would Mecha-Freeza need to train in the first place? the only person that can touch him is Goku and he is seemingly dead, so there is no need for Freeza to train before Earth, right?

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
rereboy wrote:

Why would Mecha-Freeza need to train in the first place? the only person that can touch him is Goku and he is seemingly dead, so there is no need for Freeza to train before Earth, right?
He actually knew Son Goku was alive, at least by the time he'd gotten Earth. He proclaimed that he would leave the Earth a dead wasteland for him to return home to.

This idea that Freeza would think to train before attacking Earth is fruitless to begin with, to me. It's already shown that he didn't even bother training in the manga and anime. The moment he woke up, he essentially set his sights on Earth, he postured that his cybernetic improvements gave him all the power he needed to eliminate the Earth of all it's inhabitants, and he seemed quite secure in his ability, with said cybernetic improvements, to still take on Son Goku after he'd finished wiping out the Earthlings.

FREEZA'S A FOOLISH, POMPOUS IDIOT. HIS HUBRIS IS HIS BIGGEST DOWNFALL.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:25 pm

KaiserNeko wrote: He actually knew Son Goku was alive, at least by the time he'd gotten Earth. He proclaimed that he would leave the Earth a dead wasteland for him to return home to.

This idea that Freeza would think to train before attacking Earth is fruitless to begin with, to me. It's already shown that he didn't even bother training in the manga and anime. The moment he woke up, he essentially set his sights on Earth, he postured that his cybernetic improvements gave him all the power he needed to eliminate the Earth of all it's inhabitants, and he seemed quite secure in his ability, with said cybernetic improvements, to still take on Son Goku after he'd finished wiping out the Earthlings.

FREEZA'S A FOOLISH, POMPOUS IDIOT. HIS HUBRIS IS HIS BIGGEST DOWNFALL.
Actually he thought he might need his daddies help. So even he admitted he might not be enough to his own father. Though he thought he and his dad should suffice. So even Freeza admitted Goku might be too strong for him. Though I'm not gonna go on and on about this topic anymore. People have had enough of that. The point has been brought up, people have taken their sides.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi everyone. Is there a link to listen to the movie's song?:... "Z no Chikai" ('The Vow of Z') by Momoiro Clover Z

I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember Flow's Hero being everywhere months before 'Battle of Gods was released.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Aoi wrote:Hi everyone. Is there a link to listen to the movie's song?:... "Z no Chikai" ('The Vow of Z') by Momoiro Clover Z

I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember Flow's Hero being everywhere months before 'Battle of Gods was released.
It'll be released April 29: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/16/re ... announced/

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Retan wrote:

So Freeza is competing with Avengers in April. Looking more forward to Freeza then Avengers hopefully majority are too XD.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
Retan wrote:

So Freeza is competing with Avengers in April. Looking more forward to Freeza then Avengers hopefully majority are too XD.
Wait is the movie competing with the avengers? If so then Fukkatsu no F is screwed.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:53 pm

RoF is not competeing with the Avengers lol.

RoF comes out mid april and only in Japan.

Avengers comes out late april-May in Europe and North America

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:55 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:RoF is not competeing with the Avengers lol.

RoF comes out mid april and only in Japan.

Avengers comes out late april-May in Europe and North America
Wouldn't the avengers come out in Japan too? Though the dates are different so I guess I was mislead.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
Retan wrote:

:lol: :lol: I highly doubt it. :lol: :lol:

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

So who is Toei trying to attract with a girls Idol group? Little girls?