Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:57 am

OmegaRockman wrote:Not really, because including the line would create an inconsistency. Remember, Boo only sleeps for a few seconds before he's fully rested. Of course, this is based on the anime, so I apologize if I'm incorrect in assuming that this was in the manga as well. They should've come up with a replacement excuse, though, like he was busy eating or something.
I'm fairly sure Boo's few seconds of sleeping are in the manga, yeah. The problem though is that without that explanation, it leaves the question of where in the heck Boo is during the movie, especially since they left in the earlier bit with Kuririn mentioning him to 18. So it's either inconsistent with that gag moment in the manga, or it's inconsistent with itself in the film. I guess it's sort of a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' thing?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:25 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:Not really, because including the line would create an inconsistency. Remember, Boo only sleeps for a few seconds before he's fully rested. Of course, this is based on the anime, so I apologize if I'm incorrect in assuming that this was in the manga as well. They should've come up with a replacement excuse, though, like he was busy eating or something.
I'm fairly sure Boo's few seconds of sleeping are in the manga, yeah. The problem though is that without that explanation, it leaves the question of where in the heck Boo is during the movie, especially since they left in the earlier bit with Kuririn mentioning him to 18. So it's either inconsistent with that gag moment in the manga, or it's inconsistent with itself in the film. I guess it's sort of a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' thing?
I like to think Boo just doesn't care about Freeza (or almost anything, really), so they couldn't get his help. I was actually surprised that BoG gave him some fighting moments, but then again, whenever there's food involved it's easier to put him in a serious fight. In GT they barely remembered he existed, until he merged with Oob again...it's hard to think of him as an ally.

I think Goten and Trunks' absence is much harder to explain. Why wouldn't they feel Freeza's ki, and who or what would keep them behind?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:38 am

There's that thing that says that Boo goes through cycles of hibernation sometimes, and I just thought he fell into another hibernation.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:38 pm

Araki wrote: I think Goten and Trunks' absence is much harder to explain. Why wouldn't they feel Freeza's ki, and who or what would keep them behind?
I understand the whole, "Oh Goten looks like Goku because we keep styling his hair after Goku so Frieza might specifically try to torture him slowly," and "Oh yeah Trunks looks just like Future Trunks, so Frieza might want to torture him too!" thing, however, once they fuse into Gotenks the problem would be solved and they'd have an extremely powerful ally.

Then again, I'm still scratching my head at Roshi of all people joining the fight, yet, Yamcha gets left behind like Chiaot-zu.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:04 am

Got more info on the Hong Kong bluray release. Release date is slated for November 5th. 3d bluray is mastered somewhere in Germany. And the limited edition is bundled with some cell phone straps for those who preorder.
The world is your's.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:29 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:The problem though is that without that explanation, it leaves the question of where in the heck Boo is during the movie, especially since they left in the earlier bit with Kuririn mentioning him to 18.
Boo is never mentioned in the Japanese version of the movie. Which makes it rather odd that FUNi has him mentioning him only to then completely ignore his absence later on, but in the Japanese version of the scene with Kuririn and 18, he only says that it'll be fine because Gohan will be with them. The only mention of Boo in the Japanese version is Sorbet telling Freeza that Goku had defeated him.

Wesker

Post by Wesker » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Basque trailer of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F (Dragoi Bola Z: F Berpiztua).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikTaqTPN50

So these are definitely the three versions that are going to premiere in Spanish cinemas on November 6th: Castilian Spanish, Catalan and Basque. Same as with Battle of Gods cinema release of last year.

A Valencian dub might also be done some time after like the one done for Battle of Gods extended version (which is shipping this week in Spain in DVD and BD with Castilian Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Valencian and Japanese dubs) but obviously not for the cinema release. And the Galician dub is still missing for these new movies despite the fact of having a recent dub done for Kai.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:29 pm

tinlunlau wrote:
Got more info on the Hong Kong bluray release. Release date is slated for November 5th. 3d bluray is mastered somewhere in Germany. And the limited edition is bundled with some cell phone straps for those who preorder.
Wow I may get that, considering the fact that I haven't gotten the movie yet, it has the 3D version, and it comes with one of those straps (if preordered). Although it does depend on the price

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:16 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:
Wow I may get that, considering the fact that I haven't gotten the movie yet, it has the 3D version, and it comes with one of those straps (if preordered). Although it does depend on the price
I'm skipping out on the hong kong bluray this time. Cantonese dub will most likely not include any of tvb's voice cast and i don't have a 3dtv.
The world is your's.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:18 am

I have finally seen the true (japanese) version, including credits and post credits screne! This movies is so fucking badass, lots of fun from start to finish, but BoG is still a better movie. ;) I also really liked Goku's new outfit because it was similar to his pre-Cell gis (basically from start to the Artificial Humans 3 year skip). Especially the belt thing that the Cell and Boo arc gi lacked that gives me that good ol "kung fu movie" vibe, most notably when it moves in the wind. I'm maybe weird but i like that shit :D and also mark of the mentor. (like kame and kaio marks in the past)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:05 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:I have finally seen the true (japanese) version, including credits and post credits screne! This movies is so fucking badass, lots of fun from start to finish, but BoG is still a better movie. ;) I also really liked Goku's new outfit because it was similar to his pre-Cell gis (basically from start to the Artificial Humans 3 year skip). Especially the belt thing that the Cell and Boo arc gi lacked that gives me that good ol "kung fu movie" vibe, most notably when it moves in the wind. I'm maybe weird but i like that shit :D and also mark of the mentor. (like kame and kaio marks in the past)
By this point, FUNi is almost 100% faithfully translated, as well as incredible voices and acting. So the Japanese version isn't the "true version."
It's completely fine to prefer the sub, but it's no longer the "true" version ever since Kai.

But anyway, what complaints do you have about the movie, if any?

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:30 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:I have finally seen the true (japanese) version, including credits and post credits screne! This movies is so fucking badass, lots of fun from start to finish, but BoG is still a better movie. ;) I also really liked Goku's new outfit because it was similar to his pre-Cell gis (basically from start to the Artificial Humans 3 year skip). Especially the belt thing that the Cell and Boo arc gi lacked that gives me that good ol "kung fu movie" vibe, most notably when it moves in the wind. I'm maybe weird but i like that shit :D and also mark of the mentor. (like kame and kaio marks in the past)
By this point, FUNi is almost 100% faithfully translated, as well as incredible voices and acting. So the Japanese version isn't the "true version."
It's completely fine to prefer the sub, but it's no longer the "true" version ever since Kai.

But anyway, what complaints do you have about the movie, if any?
Japanese version will always be the true version, like it or not. I don't have complaints about this movie. BoG is better because it's different, world-building, funny yet full of tension and not just one big tension-less fight.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:58 pm

You know, it only just occurred to me (though I'm sure someone else has pointed it out by now), but as of this movie, Mr. Satan is no longer the only 'major' or human character to have never died. Things get undone in a way different than the Dragon Balls, so whether it really 'counts' is up for debate I guess, but technically speaking, he, Pan, and Oob (wherever he is out there) all died when Freeza blew up the planet - so now none of our known characters have ever not died.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:You know, it only just occurred to me (though I'm sure someone else has pointed it out by now), but as of this movie, Mr. Satan is no longer the only 'major' or human character to have never died. Things get undone in a way different than the Dragon Balls, so whether it really 'counts' is up for debate I guess, but technically speaking, he, Pan, and Oob (wherever he is out there) all died when Freeza blew up the planet - so now none of our known characters have ever not died.
There's still Bra, I guess.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:You know, it only just occurred to me (though I'm sure someone else has pointed it out by now), but as of this movie, Mr. Satan is no longer the only 'major' or human character to have never died. Things get undone in a way different than the Dragon Balls, so whether it really 'counts' is up for debate I guess, but technically speaking, he, Pan, and Oob (wherever he is out there) all died when Freeza blew up the planet - so now none of our known characters have ever not died.
Uranai Baba & Enma Daio.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Ack, forgot about her. Which is pretty bad since any time this subject would come up before, I would always remember that most of our newer going-into-GT characters didn't die either due to not having been born yet.

...I guess if we wanted to get really technical, there's Goten's girlfriend too, but surely she had to have been born by this point...right?
Kuririn Fan wrote:Uranai Baba & Enma Daio.
Uranai Baba would probably have died when Boo blew up the Earth, not to mention this time too. As for Enma, he's not on Earth in the first place.

I guess I should clarify, by 'known' characters I meant more so people in the main larger group of our heroes and their friends and familes, my bad.
Twitter

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Ack, forgot about her. Which is pretty bad since any time this subject would come up before, I would always remember that most of our newer going-into-GT characters didn't die either due to not having been born yet.

...I guess if we wanted to get really technical, there's Goten's girlfriend too, but surely she had to have been born by this point...right?
Kuririn Fan wrote:Uranai Baba & Enma Daio.
Uranai Baba would probably have died when Boo blew up the Earth, not to mention this time too. As for Enma, he's not on Earth in the first place.

I guess I should clarify, by 'known' characters I meant more so people in the main larger group of our heroes and their friends and familes, my bad.
She was alive when Boo blew up the Earth. She brought Vegeta to Earth and went to Enmas place.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:34 am

A NEW MOVIE WAS CONFIRMED?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:15 am

Noah wrote:A NEW MOVIE WAS CONFIRMED?
No it wasn't. Just misinformation like most things surrounding Dragon Ball.