Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:On August 27th, Fuji TV will air the Resurrection 'F' special with Mirai Trunks material added. I wonder if FUNimation will re-release that film with such material?
I am sure they will, if given the opportunity, more milk.
The cow will never die. It will rise again.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:On August 27th, Fuji TV will air the Resurrection 'F' special with Mirai Trunks material added. I wonder if FUNimation will re-release that film with such material?
Don't stop, don't stop. There's a truckload. Don't stop, got Toriyama to write a fuck ton.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Buu Kai. Super. OVA's. Plus any re-releases. Cow will never die.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:13 am

Looks like Resurrection F is finally coming to theatres in Mainland China with a slated October 2016 theatrical release. This marks the first theatrical release of a Dragonball movie in Mainland China. No word on an exact date for the China release.
The world is your's.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:35 pm

tinlunlau wrote:Image

Looks like Resurrection F is finally coming to theatres in Mainland China with a slated October 2016 theatrical release. This marks the first theatrical release of a Dragonball movie in Mainland China. No word on an exact date for the China release.
I hope the movie makes a good amount of money in China. Also, that SSJB Goku figure is awesome. :lol: :thumbup: :clap:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:03 am

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Since it's been like a year when it air in theaters across the world, does ROF still hold up for you guys? Do you guys still dislike it or still enjoy the movie.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:05 pm

It was an ok movie for me. I wasn't a fan of a lot of things and there were some things I liked. It was a 5/10 for me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Does ROF still hold up for you guys ? Do you guys still dislike it or still enjoy the movie.
Super's arc surpasses it in nearly every way.

404FILENOTFOUND
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 404FILENOTFOUND » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Since it's been like a year when it air in theaters across the world, does ROF still hold up for you guys? Do you guys still dislike it or still enjoy the movie.
I just accept that its there. I do enjoy the movie, I enjoy BoG more but it is what it is.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:03 pm

sintzu wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Does ROF still hold up for you guys ? Do you guys still dislike it or still enjoy the movie.
Super's arc surpasses it in nearly every way.
Strongly disagree. The big Z fighter battle was unsatisfactory, bringing Gotenks in it was pointless considering what they did to him (his fusion randomly wearing off then being shafted afterwards) no explanation on SSGSS and Freeza training. Gave development to Tagoma and then whiped it all away with Ginyu thing. Not to mention the whole pointless Piccolo dying thing for only other Z throwback. Terrible animation and art throughout and Vegeta's moment was way to long and not as good as the movie. Yes it "fixed" a few things but that's not enough, the retelling was set up perfectly for this film unlike BoG and they cocked it up big time.

Bridging between BoG and F was done really well but the actual arc was awful and pain to watch it's exactly the same story you can watch the movies and jump to the U6 without being lost at all. I will recommend this movie or Ajay's Cut to anyone and save them slugging through the crapness that was the Golden Freeza arc.

Anyway, I like the film still. Not as good as BoG but if I'm in the mood for DBZ action this is a good flick to have one plus I don't think DB looked as good ever.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegeta's moment was way to long.
Vegeta's moment is the best thing Super has done so far.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Resurrection F is a substanceless yet enjoyable action flick. It doesn't hold a candle to Battle of Gods, but it has some cool action moments and it's nice to see some non-Saiyan characters get to kick ass for a bit again, even if said ass-kicking is just against no-name mooks. And I mean it did give us Freeza's distinctly Darth Vader-ish "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in the stinger, which has objectively made the world just a little bit better. I feel the hate the movie tends to get is greatly exaggerated, and that it's forgettable at worst.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 pm

sintzu wrote:
Not really. Super missed the point of it. It was supposed to be short and to the point. Besides Vegeta has had wayyy better moments in Super so I disagree in that regard too ie. His U6 fights.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Super missed the point of it. It was supposed to be short and to the point.
Toriyama is the one who missed the point, if you're going to have a rematch between Vegeta and Freeza then it needs to be long, brutal and impactful.

The movie's version was extremely short, the fight was too simple for that kind of fight & it had no impact because Freeza barely did anything to anyone and Goku was beating him up from start to finish.

Super is the complete opposite, the fight was long, Vegeta brutally beat him up which is to be expected after everything he'd done to him & it had an impact because up to that point Freeza was winning left and right so Vegeta being the one to put an end to that made it more impactful and special.

Freeza was also a let down in the movie because he was no threat to Goku, sure he got some good hits in but overall Goku was in full control of the entire fight while Super did the complete opposite so even Freeza got a better treatment in the arc.

RF was supposed to be the story that put Vegeta in the center and give him his first win against a main villain and Toriyama completely ruined it so I'll always give Super major credit for fixing that mess and giving my favorite character the treatment he deserved.

I still have issues with the arc but when it came to the important parts (Freeza and Vegeta) it completely delivered and that's what's important.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Not really. Super missed the point of it. It was supposed to be short and to the point. Besides Vegeta has had wayyy better moments in Super so I disagree in that regard too ie. His U6 fights.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the beatdown Golden Freeza got from Vegeta in the movie was far more satisfying purely because it so brief. It really emphasised just how much Vegeta was above Freeza at that point and it hammered how much the tides has turned since the last time the two of them had come face to face in battle. The extended beatdown in the Resurrection F retelling loses that cathartic feeling.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:36 pm

I'm with Baggie_Saiyan.

Vegeta's moment in Super's retelling was gratuitous and over-the-top. Vegeta's a no-nonsense character, he pummeled Freeza like it was nothing. It was the ultimate humiliation.

Super's extended fight just felt like irritating fan service. Not to mention the animation was pretty terrible outside of about 20 seconds towards the start. Pretty much nothing of worth to be found.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Since it's been like a year when it air in theaters across the world, does ROF still hold up for you guys? Do you guys still dislike it or still enjoy the movie.
Still love it, but Super version is better written.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Image

I hope the movie makes a good amount of money in China. Also, that SSJB Goku figure is awesome. :lol: :thumbup: :clap:
That statue is a masterpiece and an absolute marvel for one to gaze upon. It will destroy at the Chinese box office.
The world is your's.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:00 am

Wait it's coming to China? That could pose really good for its box office.

Boruto the Movie made the better part of $15 million there and Saint Seiya $6 million. It could well be Resurrection F's biggest market after Japan along with US.

Does anyone have any more info on that? Don't forget it also comes out in Germany in September.