Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Retan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Retan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:32 am

Greg I salute you!! :clap: :clap: for not being a blather mouth :D
Last edited by Retan on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Just putting this out there.. This is the 8th time that the Z fighters will be dealin with Freeza in some capacity. 9th if you count the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans remake.

And people say Broly gets too much love? lol
So..

Bardock
King Vegeta
on Namek
Mecha Freeza
Other World Filler
Fusion Reborn movie
GT
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 am

Okay first off I'm super excited for this movie. Second I think Frieza is the perfect villain, I would think it kind of ridiculous if yet ANOTHER new crazy strong suddenly appears and Frieza was referenced quite a few times in BOG and this makes sense. And I'm not concerned about his power nor should anyone else be. Obviously he'll gain a power up or something and I cant wait to see him with God like power. I think it'll make for some great interactions between characters and I bet a lot will be explained about his race and history. And finally third, those who doubt its Gohan on the poster will be disappointed. Its pretty much guaranteed to be him because he fought on Namek and because the new hairstyle harkens back to his bowl cut on Namek. I personally love the poster, Frieza looks scary and the new costumes Gpku and Vegeta have have me really excited and curious. I really hope they've been training with Whis and though its not necessary I wouldn't mind if they fused. God Frieza, I love it..

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:42 am

It probably is fake, but it could be real... maybe TOEI is planning a simultaneous worldwide release and have already sent material to a Spanish licensor for dubbing, and an image leaked out.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:44 am

We've already seen that image, a few pages back.

I'm actually hoping Beerus and Freeza have a conversation, after Freeza becomes a god. Freeza was always had a good sense of humor about things especially if he feels in control.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 am

Avenged wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Just putting this out there.. This is the 8th time that the Z fighters will be dealin with Freeza in some capacity. 9th if you count the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans remake.

And people say Broly gets too much love? lol
So..

Bardock
King Vegeta
on Namek
Mecha Freeza
Other World Filler
Fusion Reborn movie
GT
I mean obviously it isn't going to bother some folks.. Like I said, I was just mentioning it. For the sake of Why not, plus had this been any other villain, I'm sure waaay more people would be upset.. Or turned off rather even though no other villain had been touched nearly as much.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 am

Right now, the thing I'm hoping for most in this movie is info on Freeza's race. It's name, their homeworld, their customs and origins. It doesent have to be a lot, just have Whis explain it with his magic stick or something. But god damn just give us a name already.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 am

I thought Toriyama said Freeza and his Father were just Extra strong mutants? Which makes no sense considering EoB. But this is Toriyama so he may have already forgotten that. :lol:

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:02 am

Chuquita wrote:Greg works for Shueisha.
Maybe he should ask them to come out with GT Perfect Files 3 that ties in BoG ha I kid I kid...maybe

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:16 am

Retan wrote:I thought Toriyama said Freeza and his Father were just Extra strong mutants? Which makes no sense considering EoB. But this is Toriyama so he may have already forgotten that. :lol:
Was that thing cannon, though?
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:17 am

What's wrong with them being mutants? They are definitely wayyyy ahead of Chilled in power. Same race, but mutants of that race.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:18 am

Morgil wrote:
Retan wrote:I thought Toriyama said Freeza and his Father were just Extra strong mutants? Which makes no sense considering EoB. But this is Toriyama so he may have already forgotten that. :lol:
Was that thing cannon, though?
1. Canon*

2. There is no canon.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:33 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
It probably is fake, but it could be real... maybe TOEI is planning a simultaneous worldwide release and have already sent material to a Spanish licensor for dubbing, and an image leaked out.
Highly unlikely. While it is likely the animation process has already begun there is no way the film will be finished five and a half months before its release. The best animators from Toei Animation have all been busy for the past three months with there being only enough likelihood that Tate Naoki and Hamano Yuu'ichi have been working on this film. Even then both Tate and Hamano have picked up a television credit or two since we originally learned of the film's existence. For dubbing to take place there needs to be a finalized audio track, something that cannot exist until there is finished animation. This isn't Space Dandy where episodes had extended schedules, this is a Toei Animation film being made in the thick of their busiest year of all time, to say nothing of the busiest year in the Japanese animation industry ever.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:53 am

Chuquita wrote:The staff has known it was Freeza since August?! How? Greg? My guess is Greg.

Fake screenshots are dangerous at this point, definitely. Especially anything involving transformations.
Greg? As in Greg Werner? I didn't know there's a English speaking person working for Shuiesha. Anything I should know about him?

I could care less about the staff. I never liked them, except the moderators. I'm not really surprised that they knew about Freeza being in the movie at this point. This website is the biggest Dragon Ball website out there that Toei and FUNimation know about for quite a while, partly thanks to the former employer who worked for Toei Animation.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 am

Go to Chuquita's 'Dragonball and One Piece sharing a panel' thread to learn more about Greg. :D :lol:

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 am

This Greg you speak of, is he the same guy from this thing?
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:09 am

I feel like whoever said the staff here has known since August probably should have kept that to themselves. I doubt that they wanted everyone to know about that. And I find people who talk up insider information they can't share kind of off putting as it feels like showboating... which is why in the case of knowing insider information that can't be shared it's often better not to share it at all. It just makes people jealous.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:14 am

Morgil wrote:This Greg you speak of, is he the same guy from this thing?
That is correct.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:24 am

JulieYBM wrote: there needs to be a finalized audio track, something that cannot exist until there is finished animation.
Not true. I've worked in ADR and Sound Design professionally, and can confirm that when it comes to animated features, often the dialogue is recorded first or is recorded along to skeleton animation. This allows for the animation staff to cater for individual performances to achieve a more natural looking, organic-feeling, finished product. Secondly, often the acting talent are one of the highest production costs in animation and have the busiest scheduals. A large benefit of getting the bulk of the dialogue out of the way first is that it gives a little breathing room if something needs to be altered drastically later in production.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:40 am

Pictures of the pages are now available. I don't know if the staff are going to wait until they have it in hand or not, but it's out there:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)