Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6614
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:07 am

Bullza wrote:Wait it's coming to China? That could pose really good for its box office.

Boruto the Movie made the better part of $15 million there and Saint Seiya $6 million. It could well be Resurrection F's biggest market after Japan along with US.

Does anyone have any more info on that? Don't forget it also comes out in Germany in September.
Well, wouldn't being one year late to the party spoil things?

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Well, wouldn't being one year late to the party spoil things?
It will to an extent I imagine. Boruto the Movie came out in China 6 months after it came out in Japan. Saint Seiya came out 20 months after it came out in Japan.

If Resurrection F came out in October it'd be 16 months after it came out in Japan. It's gotta be bigger in China than Saint Seiya right? So there's a chance it could push the movie past $70 million worldwide. It'd only need to make about half what Boruto the movie did.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7608
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:20 pm

What was that Resurrection F TV special? RoF movie with a couple of new scenes?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21003
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Noah wrote:What was that Resurrection F TV special? RoF movie with a couple of new scenes?
All of the new scenes were basically a 10 minute recap of the Z-Fighters taking on Freeza with a few snippets of Future Trunks from Super. It was really nothing special.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by kinisking » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Vegeta's moment is the best thing Super has done so far.
Not really. Super missed the point of it. It was supposed to be short and to the point. Besides Vegeta has had wayyy better moments in Super so I disagree in that regard too ie. His U6 fights.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the beatdown Golden Freeza got from Vegeta in the movie was far more satisfying purely because it so brief. It really emphasised just how much Vegeta was above Freeza at that point and it hammered how much the tides has turned since the last time the two of them had come face to face in battle. The extended beatdown in the Resurrection F retelling loses that cathartic feeling.
I disagree. Both fights are short enough to give me that sense. Besides it was much more brutal in the series while still showing Vegeta as calm.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Noah wrote:What was that Resurrection F TV special? RoF movie with a couple of new scenes?
All of the new scenes were basically a 10 minute recap of the Z-Fighters taking on Freeza with a few snippets of Future Trunks from Super. It was really nothing special.
There was also the part with Black aswell that was about 2-3 minutes.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7608
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:All of the new scenes were basically a 10 minute recap of the Z-Fighters taking on Freeza with a few snippets of Future Trunks from Super. It was really nothing special.
It was interesting to see, didn't like much how Vegeta was draw like as a teenager in this, but overrall was nice, good animation and loved how that Super track fit perfectly with Krillin's death scene.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by WhisPL » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 am

http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/top10.htm
1. Oblivion 9.2
2. Resurrection 'F'" 9.2
3. Men in Black 5.2
4. The Last Samurai 4.4

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Bullza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 am

So I was wondering.

This movie got a bit of a mixed reception from some fans because of the way they dealt with Frieza, that they brought him back just to have him killed off again and the movie in general didn't lead to anything like how Battle of Gods did.

Well obviously now it has seeing as they would never have been able to bring Frieza back at all had it not been for that movie and him powering up. So the movie did lead to something in the end.

Does that change people's opinions on this at all? Now the movie doesn't feel like it's a one off thing.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 am

Bullza wrote:So I was wondering.

This movie got a bit of a mixed reception from some fans because of the way they dealt with Frieza, that they brought him back just to have him killed off again and the movie in general didn't lead to anything like how Battle of Gods did.

Well obviously now it has seeing as they would never have been able to bring Frieza back at all had it not been for that movie and him powering up. So the movie did lead to something in the end.

Does that change people's opinions on this at all? Now the movie doesn't feel like it's a one off thing.
I still like the movie's production just as much as I did back then but I'm happy that the plot has finally lead to something and isn't just a one off like before.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 am

Bullza wrote:So I was wondering.

This movie got a bit of a mixed reception from some fans because of the way they dealt with Frieza, that they brought him back just to have him killed off again and the movie in general didn't lead to anything like how Battle of Gods did.

Well obviously now it has seeing as they would never have been able to bring Frieza back at all had it not been for that movie and him powering up. So the movie did lead to something in the end.

Does that change people's opinions on this at all? Now the movie doesn't feel like it's a one off thing.
Freeza in the current arc wouldn't have worked without this so definitely. The whole Resurrection "F" saga served as a gaint lesson to Freeza and how his thirst for revenge blinded him and now he's back to his old callous and maniacal self.

Honestly like how the pieces of modern DB fit all together.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 am

Nope, this movie continues to be terrible nonetheless. All because Freeza should not have even returned to begin with. He has been luckily well treated in Universe Survival saga indeed, but still, it does not overshadow his unnecessary return in the movie.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Bullza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:05 pm

Grimlock wrote:Nope, this movie continues to be terrible nonetheless. All because Freeza should not have even returned to begin with. He has been luckily well treated in Universe Survival saga indeed, but still, it does not overshadow his unnecessary return in the movie.
Why shouldn't he have returned?

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Because he had his time, his character development and everything surrounded and related to him was completed, he had his own saga. Why would/should Freeza return?

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Bullza wrote:So I was wondering.

This movie got a bit of a mixed reception from some fans because of the way they dealt with Frieza, that they brought him back just to have him killed off again and the movie in general didn't lead to anything like how Battle of Gods did.

Well obviously now it has seeing as they would never have been able to bring Frieza back at all had it not been for that movie and him powering up. So the movie did lead to something in the end.

Does that change people's opinions on this at all? Now the movie doesn't feel like it's a one off thing.
No, it's even more pointless now. Freeza comes back in Super even STRONGER than he was in RoF, so you could cut the movie from existence and entirely and what would you miss? You would have a tougher time explaining Freeza's Golden form, but the power boost from meditating in Hell is still there. He didn't even learn any lesson from RoF considering, in RoF, he just repeated the same mistakes he did in the Namek arc. So the "he learned a lesson" excuse doesn't work, considering he should have already learned that lesson after Namek.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Doctor. wrote:No, it's even more pointless now. Freeza comes back in Super even STRONGER than he was in RoF, so you could cut the movie from existence and entirely and what would you miss? You would have a tougher time explaining Freeza's Golden form, but the power boost from meditating in Hell is still there. He didn't even learn any lesson from RoF considering, in RoF, he just repeated the same mistakes he did in the Namek arc. So the "he learned a lesson" excuse doesn't work, considering he should have already learned that lesson after Namek.
Actually, the meditating thing actually makes a problem in F because Freeza (apparently) during his 10+ year stay in Hell never tried to visualize Goku''s myriad of terrible deaths at his hands but post-RoF Freeza does, for some reason.

I don't know if this would entirely justify a massive boost for Freeza but a slight reworking where Freeza gradually masters his power to the point where he can even properly train in hell without anyone suspecting could work as an explanation for his boost. It's certainly better then him using Tagoma as a dart board for 4 months.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:No, it's even more pointless now. Freeza comes back in Super even STRONGER than he was in RoF, so you could cut the movie from existence and entirely and what would you miss? You would have a tougher time explaining Freeza's Golden form, but the power boost from meditating in Hell is still there. He didn't even learn any lesson from RoF considering, in RoF, he just repeated the same mistakes he did in the Namek arc. So the "he learned a lesson" excuse doesn't work, considering he should have already learned that lesson after Namek.
Actually, the meditating thing actually makes a problem in F because Freeza (apparently) during his 10+ year stay in Hell never tried to visualize Goku''s myriad of terrible deaths at his hands but post-RoF Freeza does, for some reason.

I don't know if this would entirely justify a massive boost for Freeza but a slight reworking where Freeza gradually masters his power to the point where he can even properly train in hell without anyone suspecting could work as an explanation for his boost. It's certainly better then him using Tagoma as a dart board for 4 months.
Yeah, I think you would have less problems explaining Freeza's strength without RoF than with it. 20+ years of meditating/image training sounds more believable than 4 months of physical training.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:No, it's even more pointless now. Freeza comes back in Super even STRONGER than he was in RoF, so you could cut the movie from existence and entirely and what would you miss? You would have a tougher time explaining Freeza's Golden form, but the power boost from meditating in Hell is still there. He didn't even learn any lesson from RoF considering, in RoF, he just repeated the same mistakes he did in the Namek arc. So the "he learned a lesson" excuse doesn't work, considering he should have already learned that lesson after Namek.
Actually, the meditating thing actually makes a problem in F because Freeza (apparently) during his 10+ year stay in Hell never tried to visualize Goku''s myriad of terrible deaths at his hands but post-RoF Freeza does, for some reason.

I don't know if this would entirely justify a massive boost for Freeza but a slight reworking where Freeza gradually masters his power to the point where he can even properly train in hell without anyone suspecting could work as an explanation for his boost. It's certainly better then him using Tagoma as a dart board for 4 months.
Yeah, I think you would have less problems explaining Freeza's strength without RoF than with it. 20+ years of meditating/image training sounds more believable than 4 months of physical training.
It would even be a (worthwhile) thematic call back to the Namek and Saiyan arcs where Freeza, the leader of the organization that has no spiritual inclinations has to grow and master his power through meditation which is all about looking inward and improving yourself beyond the superficial, physical aspects of ki.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Post Reply