What haven't you seen?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What haven't you seen?

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:32 pm

The 2015 movie.... But then again, no one's seen that yet.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Well, I'm a bit newer to Dragon Ball, as of late 2012 to be exact. So, it'd be easier to count the stuff I have seen.

I've seen the following, in this order.

-All 153 Episodes of Dragon Ball (English)
-All 4 Dragon Ball Movies (English)
-Episodes 1-194 of Dragon Ball Z (English with US score)

I watch these through the Remastered Season Sets, so I made the choice of going with the US score when applicable to present a greater contrast when I see the original later on.

I plan on seeing very soon:

-Episodes 195-291 of Dragon Ball Z (English with US score)
-Both Dragon Ball Z Specials (English with US score)
-First 13 Dragon Ball Z Movies (English with US score)
-All 64 Episodes of Dragon Ball GT (English with US score)
-Dragon Ball GT Special (English with US score)
-Dragon Ball Z Movie 14 (Extended English, if it's available by then)

And then:
-All 98 Episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai (English)
-All 69 Episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (English, if it's available by the time I get there)

I'm currently putting Kai as a priority over seeing the actual Japanese version, but I will get to it. As for other stuff that hasn't been dubbed, I'll just have to ignore those until I see the other stuff in Japanese.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:I'm currently putting Kai as a priority over seeing the actual Japanese version, but I will get to it.
That's probably not a bad way of going about things actually! Kai will gently introduce you to a tone very close to the original series and you'll slowly wind down until you hit the purest animated form. It'll certainly make the transition a heck of a lot easier and far less jarring.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: -All 64 Episodes of Dragon Ball GT (English with US score)
-Dragon Ball GT Special (English with US score)
Be prepared to enjoy some nice long naps... I can somewhat understand preferring the English VAs for the DragonBall franchise, but that American score for GT? *snoooooze*

GT's already a slog to get through, the American score with it's droning guitars and synth don't do the show or it's atmosphere any favors.
AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:I'm currently putting Kai as a priority over seeing the actual Japanese version, but I will get to it.
I hope you don't burn yourself out by watching all of the franchise dubbed first, and THEN watching it all over again in Japanese.

Seems like it would get tedious real fast watching the same three series (over 500 episodes!) twice over in a short amount of time. I would just pick one version and save some time. If you're interested in the most faithful versions, I suggest just watching the Japanese version of DB/Z/GT or Kai, which is solid in either Japanese or English. You'll thank us later. :wink:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:59 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
That's probably not a bad way of going about things actually! Kai will gently introduce you to a tone very close to the original series and you'll slowly wind down until you hit the purest animated form. It'll certainly make the transition a heck of a lot easier and far less jarring.
Another reason is the Kikuchi score (I'm doing the 4 Season Sets). Maybe I'll appreciate this placement more if I haven't seen the original placement yet or the Yamamoto score. It'll all be new to me (as I know that no tracks are recycled from Dragon Ball, unlike the original Z). :D

EDIT:
Also, theoriginalbilis.
I actually liked the other fan-unfavorite score, the one by Nathan Johnson. (Heard it before Faulconer). I've heard a few Menza tracks, and they remind me of the style present in Batman Beyond, which I actually liked. I'm overall pretty open to fresh takes on a franchise, so I wouldn't worry about that. Hey, at least I don't have to put up with that rap more than once. :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry about going all dub first. I wanted to do Kai first since I'm currently more excited about it right now (Seriously, just look at my other posts, I've been posting in the Kai threads like crazy since I got here LOL).
I do this for other anime I watch too.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:21 am

I think it's only miscellaneous specials like the Year-End one that I haven't seen (I have watched both of the early safety ones though), as well as the non-Evolution live-action movies.

As for manga, I haven't read any of Victory Mission, nor the "original illustrated stories".

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 am

VegettoEX wrote:Pretty much the middle 60% or so of Dragon Ball GT. I think that's about it.

One day. I promise. One day.
I'm in the same boat.

Basically everything else I have seen.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:19 am

Not sure anyone saw the link as I edited it in but have you seen Toei's Japan Heroes tournament? It features Goku as a guest star - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUlH6Mxhar0

The animation is quite nice as well.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:41 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Not sure anyone saw the link as I edited it in but have you seen Toei's Japan Heroes tournament? It features Goku as a guest star - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUlH6Mxhar0

The animation is quite nice as well.
Yup, I've seen that before too. Enjoyable little snippet of animation too. :thumbup:

I didn't even think of the manga since this was about what we've 'seen', rather than 'read', but that is where the weak link is for me. I've still only read brief (overall) sections of the manga, and I really need to correct this in the future.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 am

I haven't watched any of the Buu arc of Kai (except small clips), almost everything else I've seen in one form or another. Might be a decent chunk of the Cell arc in DBZ I've only seen dubbed and a similar chunk of the Cell arc in Kai I've only seen subbed.

As for the manga, I'm pretty sure I've read all the pre-Z era stuff, and I've only gone through bits and pieces of the latter half. (I own all the Japanese Full Color Comics though, so... Maybe should change that when I have time.)

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 am

I think I've seen everything except the end of the year celebration. There is stuff I've been meaning to re-watch though.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52 am

I still have to watch the end of the Garlic Jr. Arc and the Pre-Cell Games portion of the Android arc of the original Z. Of course I watched those arcs as a kid, but I don't really count it since it was the edited Toonami dub aired on TV. I still need to watch GT as well: I've only ever seen a handful of episodes dubbed (including the final episode) and have only seen Episode 1 in Japanese. I also never finished the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans. It literally put me to sleep. The remake is SO much better. I guess I also have yet to see the movie recap and the end-of-year special. I can't think of anything else, unless you count Japanese Kai past episode 30-ish (watched Kai for the dub) and the International Cut of Kai's Boo Arc. Yes, I've even seen the Fire Safety and Traffic specials.

Edit: Forgot that I haven't seen the Dream 9 Crossover yet. I'm debating on whether I should wait until I get to the timeskip in One Piece or not. Considering that I'm only caught up to the current Toonami broadcast, that'll probably take a while, haha!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:06 am

Z movies 7 through 11, in any language. I'm sure there are select episodes of Z I never saw, but I couldn't tell you which ones. I've also never seen the second and third original DB films.

There's also supplementary stuff like Plan to Blah Blah Blah Video Game Nonsense or Plan to Blah Blah Blah Super Video Game Nonsense.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:20 am

More or less every episode of DB, though I have seen all 3 DB movies and Path to power.
I have seen the entirety of Saiyan Arc and Freeza Arc, but I'm yet to see all episodes of Garlic Junior's mini arc and large parts of the Androids/Cell Arc.
I have seen almost the entirety of the Majin Buu arc, but there might be some few episodes during the early parts of the 25th Tournament I haven't seen.
I have seen all Z movies and tv specials and the 2 Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans films, but I don't recall seeing all possible endings of the first one.
I'm yet to see every episode of GT(particularly after the Baby arc) and the GT tv special.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:30 am

I've seen Dragon Ball everything that Funimation dubbed. I've seen both versions of Zetsumetsu Keikakku and DBZ movie 13 in Japanese. I haven't seen Dragon Ball/GT or Dragon Ball movies 1-3/DBZ movies 1-12 in Japanese from start to finish. And I'm about Halfway through Z Japanese.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:57 pm

I've edited to it and thus because of this I've seen some clips of it. But for the life of me I can't and refuse to watch The Garlic Jr Arc. Never seen it. Never will. When I edit it I only use about 3 maybe 5 scenes from it. Just so bad.

Tatakae!!Ramenman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatakae!!Ramenman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 pm

The only things I haven't seen are dragon ball movie 2 and 3 and the buu episodes of Kai.
Neo died for our smiths.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

90% of GT and Evolution. Maybe I won't watch them for life.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 pm

On the top of my head, I haven't seen most of the movies in full. Like (and don't hate me for using english dub titles here, I don't remember official titles sometimes) Tree of Might, World's Strongest, Both Cooler movies, Plan to eradicate the Saiyans, and a whole bunch I can't seem to remember right now.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 pm

I haven't seen Bio-Brolly and the middle of GT. That means I've seen most of the Baby saga, but not the Super 17 saga and not most of the Shadow Dragon saga. GT was just so bad I don't even feel like taking the time to watch it wholly. As for Bio-Brolly, I just know it's bad so I don't even bother watching it. Maybe someday.