Post your Battle of Gods Theatre Experience

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: Post your Battle of Gods Theatre Experience

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:44 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Might as well post mine.

This was the first screening at Hoyts Riccarton (Christchurch) (only 2 screenings were shown) on the 30th and I was early, thank god. When I came in, only a few seats were filled, and there was a woman at the front giving out free A2 posters as well. Shortly after, everyone started to come in and it got pretty packed. There was spot prizes for three random seats too (wasn't me), which were DVD sets. From what I saw I think they were Orange Brick sets, didn't care too much. Didn't see any cosplays or anything like that. lol

But overall, I enjoyed the dub, seemed pretty darn accurate and nice to hear the Kai recasts for Bulma etc, though it's odd why they had the original Z VA for No. 18 and Oolong.
I never noticed that Oolong had his Z dub voice. I much prefer it over his Kai counterpart.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada