So I wrote to Funimation....and this is what I got!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: So I wrote to Funimation....and this is what I got!

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:04 pm

No not at all! I don't want to play the ''Woe is me card'' because I've spoke of it before on here and quite frankly this isn't the kinda place to really discuss things like this.
but to keep it short. I grew up with a really bad father. getting into actual fights with him wasn't anything new. and when I was younger I always loved watching Dragonball Z and hearing Sean Schemmel as Goku(that's before I knew anything about the Japanese dub. didn't even know really what the word ''Anime'' meant) made me feel inspired and I remember actually being in the car with my mother and telling her I wished I had a dad like Goku.
His voice in my opinion just sounds so super hero-ish. He was someone who was strong and someone that I could look up too.
but my life and my mothers life got soooooooooooo much better after my dad left.

And another circumstance is that the area that I live in(Floyd County KY) is extremely poor! I live far away from everything!
basically if I can go to Walmart once or twice a month I'm flying. :lol: that's why I order all my stuff online.
but I knew that there would never be any kind of anime conventions etc around my area so I decided after reading what TheGmGoken told me, to take matters into my own hands! and I decided to write Funimation.
I told them basically the story that I'm telling now without trying to sound pathetic. because I didn't want them to feel sorry for me I just wanted them to know how much they meant to me. I even told them in the letter that ''I understand that I'm not entitled to anything and they have no obligation to even respond. but I would continue to support them regardless if they reply back or not.'' but that's pretty much it. I named a-lot! of the releases that I have bought from them as well. lol they knew I had seasons 2 & 3 of the new Blu-rays but sent me two extra copies anyways lol if they contacted me and told me it was a mistake I'd send them back in a heart beat.

My friend asked me was I going to enter into the contest that they have and try to win the other stuff but I told him no because it wouldn't be right. and it wouldn't. I have more than I wanted. and I'm happy with what was given to me. Let someone else's wish come true. :)

Edit - I'm actually going to try and go out tomorrow and get me a frame for it. :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Whoa, you had an awful childhood and while what FUNimation did was nice they could've given you even more to show how much they appreciate you as their loyal fan and customer.

I myself loved being a kid in the 90's playing NES, some pirate cartridge consoles and Sega Mega Drive. Now it's all disc-based (except the handhelds).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Nah...there are a-lot of people out there who has had it and are having it harder than me. the bad problems didn't last a really long time. I actually had a really good childhood. my mother worked her butt off to try and get us everything we wanted. some stuff just wasn't going to happen and looking back at it, I really didn't need it anyways. lol believe me I loved the 90's as well. I got introduced to Dragonball Z, played and still play my NES and SNES haha also Funimation gave me more than enough. actually more than I wanted. lol I've been actually comparing Chris Sabat's autograph's online and almost every single one is the same. :) C R S and the little star like thingy at the end. lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 pm

That's pretty amazing man! I'd be hyped all day haha.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Holy shit that is truly Epic. Gives me faith in humanity. They are gonna give us what we want I hold on to that hope. Patience...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:50 am

You are a lucky guy, man.
Congratulations!! :D
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Made a special trip to wally world to get me a frame! :D almost got hit by a car too! LOL
Also thanks for not locking the topic on me even though were not really discussing anything.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

You should post this on Reddit, they eat this kind of stuff up. :)
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 am

What do you mean? I don't even know what that is. LOL
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:19 am

You don't know what Reddit is?

It's a great site for gathering news/interesting facts from. It's absolutely horrendous for DBZ fans though.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am

Nope. I've heard the name but never bothered going to it. :? I just don't use the Internet much unless its to download something here or there, Facebook, reading news articles and Kanzenshuu. I'd rather just keep this here at Kanzenshuu. :)
#1 Paikuhan fan!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Well, let this serve as a warning to fans: don't write to Funimation, or you might end up with the Blu-ray season sets!!

I kid, I kid. That's genuinely so sweet of them, they really do appreciate the fans. Most companies would probably just skim their letters and stick them in the garbage, but that they went the extra mile like that when they had absolutely no obligation to do so, says a lot about them. D'awww. :thumbup:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:10 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Made a special trip to wally world to get me a frame! :D almost got hit by a car too! LOL
Also thanks for not locking the topic on me even though were not really discussing anything.
Wow1 An SSJG hair, I would've want that.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads