Are you doing anything Dragon Ball related right now?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Are you doing anything Dragon Ball related right now?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 am

Rewatching Dragon Ball in japanese.
Ended Piccolo Daimao arc yesterday.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:30 am

Yes, I'm playing Raging Blast, my favorite Dragon Ball fighting game.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Playing through Tenkaichi 3 and Revenge of King Piccolo at last. I don't know if I have the Ryu Cahones to grind the amount of money I suspect you need to max out the entire cast of T3. Sheesh.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:44 pm

I should be working on my Battle of Gods (and Kai!) backlog.

Instead, I find myself being sucked down the rabbit-hole of Dr. Slump-era interviews, back when the media fretted that getting rich and getting married would spell the end of Toriyama's success.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Watching GT for the first time in its entirety from beginning to end. I've watched a little bit over the years, mostly the first ten episodes and Super 17 but nothing beyond that till now. Just finished the Baby arc... boy was that rough.

psi_brg
Not-So-Newbie

Post by psi_brg » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Reducing the pricing on the justsaiyan t-shirts, I just Landed a big deal with the manufacturer to get $25 off current price coming soon!!!

Going to start re watching DB again, because i love it. then will purchase full DB and DBZ magna, and got M.I.A for 2 weeks :P

Oh, going to be designing and releasing other art just as cool as DB torso T's

Keep voting HERE
"Huh? Oh no! Now it's... the... Z Daggar!"
- Mystic Gohan

Get the best DBZ Torso T's Here @JustSaiyan

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:28 am

I'm reading the manga, watching Z, Kai and the movies.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:50 am

Just finished some goku and gohan art. I might even put them on the fan work explosion thread.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:43 am

I'm just about to watch the second Dr. Slump movie, finally.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Not at the moment but in general, I'm working on:

1. Letter to Toei Animation (on paper + digital version on Mini CD)
- rare info about technical side of Dragon Ball anime series production.
- advanced analysis and comparisons of home video releases with detailed descriptions and suggestions.
- various samples with descriptions.
- various Dragon Ball artworks (handmade on paper)
(in progress)

2. Letter to Toei Audio Visual Art Center (on paper + digital version on Mini CD)
- a couple of technical questions with extremely detailed descriptions.
(I have 27 A4 pages)

3. Letter to Nippon Columbia (on paper + digital version on Mini CD)
- rare info about music recording sessions and production.
- mini-biography of Shunsuke Kikuchi.
- detailed reviews of music and the technical side of production.
- detailed descriptions of each soundtrack release (what they contain and what they lack)
- music database.
- artworks.
(I have 11 A4 pages)

4. IMDB-like Dragon Ball database (I'm at the very beginning and I already have ~4 times more info than Kanzenshuu database 8))
- everything (characters, staff members, companies, items, songs, BGM pieces, movies, episodes, manga chapters, soundtrack releases etc.) has its own profile, similar to this one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000204/ in four languages: Japanese (+romaji), Polish, English and French.

5. My own music documentation of TV series and movies with time codes (for the letter)

6. I will try to acquire an official M-numbers reference charts.

... I'm sure that I forgot something.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Right now, on a regular or otherwise basis, I'm...

- Watching the Majin Boo arc of Kai each Saturday night.
- Squeaking out a paragraph or two of GT Revised every now and then.
- Incessantly producing character and action doodles, some of which get prettied up and put on the internet.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:22 am

I'm looking for my old copy of Budokai 2... and failing.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:46 am

I am currently replaying the Budokai Tenkaichi 2 story mode, I'm up to the Android saga now. Best DBZ game IMO.

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:59 am

Trying to fix my DBZ Raging Blast 2 CD, since the center of the CD is cracked. Although the Scottish tape idea is working, perhaps. :o
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:05 pm

I"m playing RB2 right now. Also I'm sorry to hear that enjyu123 that really sucks.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Just watched TFS Episode 43: Cell Service.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Just watched TFS Episode 43: Cell Service.
About to do the same.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

trout

Post by trout » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm re-watching the series for the first time since seeing it on TV as a kid. Currently 118 episodes into the original Dragon Ball, which I don't remember watching much of back in the day. It's really great though.
RandomGuy96 wrote:I'm looking for my old copy of Budokai 2... and failing.
I did this yesterday too (including the failing part) before remembering I don't have my old PS2 anymore and wouldn't be able to play it anyway. I did find the guide book though so that's something...

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 pm

trout wrote:I'm re-watching the series for the first time since seeing it on TV as a kid. Currently 118 episodes into the original Dragon Ball, which I don't remember watching much of back in the day. It's really great though.
RandomGuy96 wrote:I'm looking for my old copy of Budokai 2... and failing.
I did this yesterday too (including the failing part) before remembering I don't have my old PS2 anymore and wouldn't be able to play it anyway. I did find the guide book though so that's something...
Ditto. Though my grandma has one in her attic somewhere, so I was just going to go borrow it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:12 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I"m playing RB2 right now. Also I'm sorry to hear that enjyu123 that really sucks.
Thanks for your concern. Although the Scottish tape worked and now I saved the game to my xbox 360, so it does not have to be read anymore. :clap:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)