You watch DragonBall? Congratulations, Satan worshiper!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

You watch DragonBall? Congratulations, Satan worshiper!

Post by ngnikolaos » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:30 pm

I like to think of myself as an open-minded person, who while may be the first to prove wrong someone whose views are different than mine, I try to do so in a polite manner, respecting his opinion, despite how absurd it may seem to me at first. I am reasonable when talking with someone (he might be right after all), and while not a perfect listener, I am a more-or-less good talker.

But there are times when all of this changes.

There are times where I can't excuse the extreme stupidity of an individual. There are times where I curse the moment the Internet became available to every human being on this planet who owns a PC and a phone line. There are times which I feel really low for spending my time with such jackasses.

Having said all this, you probably wonder why the long vent. Well, the reason is an unbelievable site I stumbled upon. Check the following link for the site's comments on Dragon Ball Z.

http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles/DragonBall.htm

Make sure to read the comments of the viewers on the link above (on the page itself).
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:46 pm

Heh, pretty funny.

What's especially interesting to me is that none of those points they stated aren't strong enough to establish a good argument.

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Oh...I remember that site. Or rather I had totally forgotten about it until you reminded me.

How does that saying about free speech go? Oh yeah. You have the right to free speech...Unless you have something stupid to say, in which case shut up.
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:12 pm

:x What a bunch of shitheads. I'm a Christian and I think people who do shit like this should be thrown in jail for pulling shit like this, I mean c'mon it's a fucking kid's show! Has anyone ever heard of puns? (the 666 car)

What a buch of complete and total fucktards. :x
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:16 pm

*looks at Chaos Saiyajin's avatar* Oh COME ON! It's GOKU for crying out loud, how can possibly the friendliest character ever be part of some sort of devil worship? I say we all go off and find these people and blast Head Cha-La loudly through their windows on a radio. =P
Last edited by Demi on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:17 pm

...and THAT ladies and gentlemen, is why "H-e-r-c-u-l-e" was born. :D

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:18 pm

Wow, there are some pretty close-minded people in this world of ours, aren't there? *sigh* It's people like this on that site that make me fear for the dwindling intellegence of mankind. Just, *sigh*...

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:20 pm

The whole thing is bull crap in my book. I am a Christian, and look what I watch: DragonBall. If DragonBall is "un Christian-like", then so are a lot of other animes that i watch.

God bless you
watch DragonBall
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:23 pm

The whole thing is bull crap in my book. I am a Christian, and look what I watch: DragonBall. If DragonBall is "un Christian-like", then so are a lot of other animes that i watch.
Amen to that, brother! :P

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:51 pm

This is the comments of people who's parents still rule their lives...

I am a Christian too, I don't have any problemes with DBZ, it's light hearted fun, it's funny, and it's entertaining, people that are offended by silly things like 666 on a car for a joke is fools.

Now we know why Funimation did all this censoring, imagine of they showed uncut footage from the start on CN, then these people would have reason to go ape.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:07 pm

*Shrugs* Whatever. This person has a right to say whatever they want to about Dragonball--be it positive or negative. A few snide comments on our parts isn't going to change that.

saberleo

Post by saberleo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:25 pm

This person just seems like one of those people that likes to find the evil in everything. Though Domon does make a good point. The person is entitled to their opinion, and our opinions of his/her opinions won't change his/her opinions....if that makes any sense.
"YOSHAAA!"

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:35 pm

And this is why I am glad to come from a liberal, democratic family that wouldn't care about something like this. This is just some stupid thing written up by a whole bunch of obbsessed Christians from the midwest who are all hipocrits and try to raise there children perfectly but actually cause them to rebel when they hit 14 and murder there parents and all of there classmates. I hate people like this...

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Okay guys, do what I do - donn't read it. It'll just make you angry, and you can't change this person's beliefs (if they're saying DBZ is satanic, they're way to far gone to help).

Just breathein... breathe out... relax. :D

Super_Gogeta

Post by Super_Gogeta » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:36 pm

Ok I don't want to offend any "REAL" christian's out there but these christian evangelist knob rashes talk so much shit that I think they have their mouths confused with their arse....
They say this about everything! Dungeons and Dragons is apparently satanic.....If you play a music track backwards it gives satanic messages.....What absolute bollocks!
These are just sad little people who have nothing better to do in their lives then try and prove everything non-christian as satanic...
I have a few christian friends and one of them, like me, "worships" Dragonball...Does that make us evil? Does that mean god doesn't love him because he likes a FAKE, MADE UP story?
If watching Dragonball Z, playing D&D or listening to songs that say "satan" when played backwards means that i am going to spend an eternity in hell i have no choice but say get the fucking barbeque ready for me Lucifer i'll be there soon....
Sad, petty, pointless fuck wads!
Again, no offence to "REAL" christians here.....

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 pm

Actually, most of these people are what can be considered fake Christans. The bible actually promotes tolerance, not "If you do this, you are going STRAIGHT TO HELL". These are just idiots described as religious nuts.

Sho™
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sho™ » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:56 pm

Oh man. This makes me really want to respond to those comments in a like manner. Would you like to see my argument?

http://www.ninjapirate.com/returnofjesus.html

This makes me laugh every time it is linked to me. When you take the time to think about it, that Ninjapirate link really makes a ton of sense! :lol:
[i]"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time..."[/i]
[| [url=http://rpg.naget.com]Ganadu'r - The Eternal Saga[/url] |]

unstable_person99
Beyond Newbie

Post by unstable_person99 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Sho™ wrote:Oh man. This makes me really want to respond to those comments in a like manner. Would you like to see my argument?

http://www.ninjapirate.com/returnofjesus.html

This makes me laugh every time it is linked to me. When you take the time to think about it, that Ninjapirate link really makes a ton of sense! :lol:
HAHAHAHAHA! THAT SITE WAS SO FUNNY! :lol:
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/f169/unstable_person99/Avatars/?sc=1&multi=13&addtype=local&media=image&test=test]Avatars[/url]

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:56 pm

:lol: I may be a Christian, but that's some funny shit right there. B-kun's correct, the Bible does teach tolerance, not forcing your beliefs onto others. That person's gotta accept that Christ was real and died for them, not have it forced on them.

:x It's those charismatic fucktards that make everyone think otherwise...

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Holy Jesus (pun intended), that is THE funniest thing I've seen in a long time!
(Imagines the movie Broly: Second Coming changed to Jesus: Second Coming)

Anyway, to hear from a non-Christian... this seems to coincede with what I just posted in my Livejournal a few seconds ago:
Is it just me or is there no seperation of church and state, as is supposedly stated? Everyone and thing in the world is judged by the Americans by a Christian's point of view. And not just a regular Christian, but those uber-zealot, Flanders-types. Now, I have nothing against Christians, in fact, I grew up Christian... but they're not always right.
(If you wish to see it, the rest of the entry is at livejournal.com/users/the_s )

Some people need to realize that Christianity isn't THE religion, just A religion. I live in the United States of America, which was partially founded on religious freedom, a fact which seems to escape many and get those of us who don't believe what they do persecuted.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!