We've been working on this for a really long time, and it's amazing to finally launch it. One of the reasons there has not been a new podcast episode in about two months is...
We've been putting together a special magazine in celebration of Dragon Ball's 30th anniversary!
It's called "DB30YEARS": it's available right now, it's available for free, and it's available in a few awesome formats:
- Interactive Issuu Version: Digitally flip through the pages, zoom in on articles and artwork, etc. Works great on phones and tablets!
- Lower-Quality/Web-Ready PDF: Standard ol' PDF that you can read on your computer or other device.
- E-Reader [MOBI] Download: Copy it over to your Kindle, Nook, or other favorite e-reader for the articles themselves.
In terms of us Kanzenshuu staff, we've also contributed material, and 99% of it is original to this publication (though, of course, a lot will eventually make its way back to the website-proper in the near future). Not only do we have editorial pieces, but also some new original research that we've been saving up. Some of this new material includes things like:
- Changes made from the original WSJ serialization (Gohan's age...!!!)
- Comparison with Toriyama's one-shots and Dr. Slump (Futon ga futton da!)
- Deep look into the numbers behind how filler came to be and what would have happened without it (we have a chart! wow!)
- Homages in American television (The Tenka'ichi Budokai is finally complete!)
Check it out, share it with friends, share it with other fans, and let us know what you think.