Dragon Ball 3-in-1 Guide Thread *FINAL VOLUME*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball 3-in-1 Guide Thread *FINAL VOLUME*

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:54 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:17 pm So apparently in my copy of the 3-in-1 (4th printing, June 2020) Android 17’s gun has actually been uncensored https://imgur.com/a/2N2v0cm

Just kinda feels weird that this is back but the guns in the last 3-in-1 are still lasers. Wonder if they just forgot about that or what. In all my 2019-2021 printings of the omnibuses though, the Bulma’s and Gotenks’ middle fingers are all still censored. I feel like that should also be a mistake since even the Shonen Jump app has Bulma uncensored. Would love to see them change it in future printings. I can’t imagine them changing the rest of the stuff, but other than Hercule/Herculopolis, the rest seems pretty small anyways
Thanks for the update! I'll add that to the oiginal post!

This release is really all over the place. I think its because they used the Viz Bigs as a base and had to photoshop it to make it uncensored. I think they really need to go back and start over from the begining but I understand that is a giant undertaking.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:11 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:54 pm
SSGSS Goku wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:17 pm So apparently in my copy of the 3-in-1 (4th printing, June 2020) Android 17’s gun has actually been uncensored https://imgur.com/a/2N2v0cm

Just kinda feels weird that this is back but the guns in the last 3-in-1 are still lasers. Wonder if they just forgot about that or what. In all my 2019-2021 printings of the omnibuses though, the Bulma’s and Gotenks’ middle fingers are all still censored. I feel like that should also be a mistake since even the Shonen Jump app has Bulma uncensored. Would love to see them change it in future printings. I can’t imagine them changing the rest of the stuff, but other than Hercule/Herculopolis, the rest seems pretty small anyways
Thanks for the update! I'll add that to the oiginal post!

This release is really all over the place. I think its because they used the Viz Bigs as a base and had to photoshop it to make it uncensored. I think they really need to go back and start over from the begining but I understand that is a giant undertaking.
Yeah that’s probably it. I contacted Viz about the middle finger panels, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t reply. If they do fix that at least I’ll just buy 1-2-3 and 40-41-42 again and I’ll be pretty happy with those despite the bad paper quality that the 3-in-1s have

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:33 pm

I remeber people emailing them about the original Vol.1 being censored throughout I cant remeber if they ever fixed the middle finger tho