Voiceless Audio Track on Chinese VCDs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chungohan

Re: Voiceless Audio Track on Chinese VCDs

Post by chungohan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:20 am

I am waiting for another user to share it with me, just waiting him for uploading it, but he told me that he was not sure this material didn't came from VCD ¿? I guess it should be the same material.

How did this happen? Was that a mistake from the people who mixed those vcd?

Btw, are you interested in the episodes I have? I think the quality is good, it's the quality they gave to the dub studio, captured to wav from original reels (even with data in audio format which I don't know what could be).

I guess it is not legal to just upload it here? Maybe through PM?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:45 am

chungohan wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:20 am How did this happen? Was that a mistake from the people who mixed those vcd?
I think it's unintentional. Only one volume contains the M&E audio on the right audio channel.

Btw, are you interested in the episodes I have? I think the quality is good, it's the quality they gave to the dub studio, captured to wav from original reels (even with data in audio format which I don't know what could be).

I guess it is not legal to just upload it here? Maybe through PM?
If you can't wait until that person uploads the files, contact me on Twitter.

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:43 am

Thank you!

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:21 pm

chungohan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:01 am Hello!

Sorry for bringing back a so old topic, but I would like to know if finally someone was able to get all those Music and Effects from any episode from those Chinese VCD, and if he is willing to share them with me :wink:

Long ago (2013) I posted here because I got my hands on some reel-to-reel material for the catalan dub (I am from catalonia) and part of this were the M&E for episodes 138,139,140,147,148,240 and 241, as commented in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23426&p=648187#p648187

Some time after I managed to extract all the reels I found to WAV. On those reels I also found some interesting matherial, like openings and endings, and songs that played inside episodes before being inserted into them (so, clean without the FX or dialogue), but catalan dubbed, of course. If someone is interested, here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHWEoTnyCJA

AFAIK, the catalan dub received all the insert songs separated from the music and effects material, except from one song for episode 139, which was directly not received neither included. In fact that was one of the episodes I got.

As a curiosity, I also found some material from kinnikuman like some openings and endings which never aired here (we got the french one) but they were sent to the studio because they appear on some episodes in the background, so they dubbed all the songs they received separately, except for one, where they leaved a note which reads "we don't know which episode this song appears". As a matter of fact, it was an ending, not an insert song, that's why it didn't appear in any episode... so as they didn't know where to put it, they didn't dub it.
Very interesting! Do you happen to have any more clips of the material you found on the reels that you could share?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 am

Anything apart from the videos you can find on the youtube channel I linked, sorry!

Hugo2003DBZ

Post by Hugo2003DBZ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 am

Some episodes of the Mexicans DVD's have the M+E track in one channel. For example, this is from episode 61, DVD 31:

https://mega.nz/file/D3Q13KbY#bMlvWs7d0 ... Xa7eeeSuoM

So, curiosity. The Galician broadcasts have an issue in one episode. The M+E track are duplicated, but the strange is there are the Eyecatch music... But the Eyecatch was cut frome France

https://mega.nz/file/PuY3XSBQ#0gW3AfZvH ... 30_3sPXyMQ

*Sorry my english

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:47 pm

These are awesome! Thank you for sharing!

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:33 am

Hey, hugo, that is really nice! That wierd thing on the Galician dub is something I already saw sometimes, but in this case not only with the eyecatch, but also the sync beeps (a couple of them).

Probably they got the M&E from the japanese version, as the catalan dub, which also had

At this point I have these episodes with M&E:

138,139,140,147,148,240 and 241 (from original reels)
157 to 198 and 201 to 208 from the Chinese DVDs / VCDs

Are any of those episodes from the Mexican DVD's different from those? Do you wanna share / exchange them? :D

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:50 am

There is some people asking me for this material. It is "legal" for this forum rules to put a link of those files here, or I better share that in private?