Voiceless Audio Track on Chinese VCDs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Voiceless Audio Track on Chinese VCDs

Post by kei17 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I recently bought some official Chinese VCDs released by 东和兴影音 (Dong He Xing Video) in 2003.

Surprisingly, they have a completely voiceless, music & sound effects only audio track in the right channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unGe3Yvn08E

The volumes I've got now are all from the same VCD box named "殊死大決戦" (Deadly Great Battles), so I'd like to know whether or not the other boxes also contain a voiceless track before buying them. Can anyone shed any light on this?

This is the VCD box that all the volumes I have are included in:

Other boxes:

Image Image Image Image

Re-released version:

Image Image Image

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Voiceless Audio Track on Chinese VCDs

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Thats really cool. I've been interested in this VCD set for a while and this may be a reason to get it

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Wow, that's perfect for fandubbing!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Wow, this is definitely perfect for people aspiring to be voice actors or voice actresses and even better is if they're in US nearby FUNimation for a chance to get hired by them in the future.

So much potential this has given to the right people who want to make a future of being a VA!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:58 pm

It appears they have the movies as well (no that surprising but..)

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Damn it! I wish I didn't see this! Now I wanna dub ALL the things!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:44 pm

How does the audio compare to the original broadcasts and the dragon boxes?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:55 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:How does the audio compare to the original broadcasts and the dragon boxes?
The clip he provided sounds like singles audio for the english dub (minus music and dialogue)

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm not entirely sure these are technically M&E tracks since at least from what I saw in the video linked there was no music to be heard, last time I checked M&E is an acronym for Music and Effects, and if that is indeed the case it goes without saying if you only have SFX but don't have music in the track then it isn't a true M&E track, or vice versa if you only have music but no SFX that isn't an M&E either, in this case the term SFX track would be more appropriate as that's what it is, also kei no disrespect but it's a bit misleading to say that the music is on the same channel as the SFX track when it's clearly not (at least not in the clip you provided), and I apologise if I'm coming off as a bit of an arrogant prick about this but I can't stand when people say something that doesn't match up with the facts.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:52 am

superrayman3 wrote:I'm not entirely sure these are technically M&E tracks since at least from what I saw in the video linked there was no music to be heard
Sorry for posting a confusing clip. I chose the scene to show that it doesn't have Unmei no Hi: Tamashii VS Tamashii. The Kikuchi score is kept intact.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:15 am

kei17 wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:I'm not entirely sure these are technically M&E tracks since at least from what I saw in the video linked there was no music to be heard
Sorry for posting a confusing clip. I chose the scene to show that it doesn't have Unmei no Hi: Tamashii VS Tamashii. The Kikuchi score is kept intact.
Now I get it, thanks for clearing that up ke i'm actually surprised unmei no hi isn't in there at all be it in song form or instrumental form, that being said you may want to include important notes about things like that in the description in the future to try and keep this from happening again just a thought.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:34 am

Have to agree, what a great find! I wouldn't mind having it just for the sake of having it lol

Where did you snag it from? any more left?

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:38 am

I too, want to dub all the things... if somebody could upload all the sound files........
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:01 am

This is very nice find, does the audio effects sync with the dbox/Fansubs?because the 5.1 track the BGM syncs but the effects wont sync they come to soon.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:14 pm

This is so cool for people like me, who're interested in voice acting. I have a few rips of the 5.1 track which are suitable for dubbing, but these tracks would be even more awesome.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:51 pm

This would be incredibly helpful for me and my friends, we often out of boredom, make DBZ bad dubs (2-3 of us dub an entire movie/special with awful acting) the 5.1 audio works for most of it but sometimes you can still hear the voices through an "echo" effect, like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F68JnUq ... e=youtu.be

I would kill for a ME track for the movies, if I'm correct they were released on the laser discs? Or maybe I'm wrong.
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:14 pm

thomas1up wrote:I would kill for a ME track for the movies, if I'm correct they were released on the laser discs? Or maybe I'm wrong.
IIRC, the laser discs contained the music, but not the SFX. That made them great for ripping music, but not for dubbing.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 pm

superrayman3 wrote:
kei17 wrote:
Now I get it, thanks for clearing that up ke i'm actually surprised unmei no hi isn't in there at all be it in song form or instrumental form, that being said you may want to include important notes about things like that in the description in the future to try and keep this from happening again just a thought.
A lot of dubs are missing it, due to the materials that Toei Animation provided didn't include the track in the M&E tracks. Happened with a couple insert songs on Dragon Ball for the US release, for instance. It's also inconsistent, because some dubs got the music included in the materials, while others didn't. Probably depends on whatever revision of the masters that Toei Animation provided overseas, would be guess.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:47 am

Tried looking on Amazon.co.jp , but couldn't find anything.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:07 am

Sure would be great if kei17 could point us in the right direction :D