Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Eire
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:58 pm
Location: The Promised Land
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Eire » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Why? The pictures are actually decent and funny.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:01 pm

On second thought, Yeah, you are right, they are decent.

The artstyle kinda reminded me of bad Fan Art, but this is actually decent and the art compliments the cliches.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am
Enjoy unboxing crap :thumbup:. Your continued support for crap will give us more crap for many years to come! :clap:.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:32 pm

My own comic I did when I was 12 years old :lol:

It started off with a Saiyan coming to Earth to avenge his fallen comrades. Me and my best bud did a crossover where our OC's were pals and his died and mine came to avenge him.... yup, more Saiyan badguys... yup, so original.

And the art was god awful.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

GS7X7
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by GS7X7 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:41 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:"Adults dont make THE WORST FANFICTION"

You havent met JDR and most furries/anime fans. Kids just write mediocre Self Inserts, or awful Yaoi/Straight Lemons. She and people like her make the creations of the most GOD AWFUL stuff to ever grace Fanfiction. And no I wont link to her because you will kill yourself upon realizing A Cruel God Reigns.

ALSO YAY HAGIO MOTO REFERENCE FTW!



ALSO GOD THAT CHART! I can appreciate it denounces Terible FF cliches but GOD ITS AWFUL.
Just curious but.... what does a "lemon" mean exactly? I don't follow fanfiction much.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:09 am

Sex.

No, really. Its just SEXY SMEXY TIEMS. They are fics solely dedicated to showing Animu/Cartoons/Doctor Who/Whatever characters doing the deed. And even non-lemon fics arent lacking in the creepily detailed sex department. They just have more plot to not really count as lemons.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am
Enjoy unboxing crap :thumbup:. Your continued support for crap will give us more crap for many years to come! :clap:.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

User avatar
goku the krump dancer
I Live Here
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:21 am

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:You know I'm kinda dissapointed, I'm kind of a newbie to the whole DB Fandom thing. I thought the veterans would be BURSTING with hilarious tales of the horrors of fanfiction.

I guess do go out of my way to mock gems such as "Goku saves Anne Frank" and "How Videl Discovered Her Abortion Fetish" and Kanzenshuu is more serious and less tolerant of that crap so its members rarely come across stuff like that.
I feel like fanfiction in general is kind of a phenomenon that hit its peak maybe about ten-ish years ago, and really hasn't been as strong of a "thing" since then.

I might be wrong, but that's what I see.
Gotta agree here. I mean during my initial exposure to the internet and the first burst of my growing interest in anime, I read some really good Yuri DB/DBxSailorMoon Fan Fics and I've also read some really bad ones too around the same time frame which was around ten to twelve-ish years ago.

I haven't read ANY fan Fics since then, one, cuz I feel they're less prominent now much like AMV's I feel like that era of YouTube is gone for the most part.. And you'd have to really LOOK for both if you'd wish to read or watch them.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by GS7X7 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:You know I'm kinda dissapointed, I'm kind of a newbie to the whole DB Fandom thing. I thought the veterans would be BURSTING with hilarious tales of the horrors of fanfiction.

I guess do go out of my way to mock gems such as "Goku saves Anne Frank" and "How Videl Discovered Her Abortion Fetish" and Kanzenshuu is more serious and less tolerant of that crap so its members rarely come across stuff like that.
I feel like fanfiction in general is kind of a phenomenon that hit its peak maybe about ten-ish years ago, and really hasn't been as strong of a "thing" since then.

I might be wrong, but that's what I see.
Gotta agree here. I mean during my initial exposure to the internet and the first burst of my growing interest in anime, I read some really good Yuri DB/DBxSailorMoon Fan Fics and I've also read some really bad ones too around the same time frame which was around ten to twelve-ish years ago.

I haven't read ANY fan Fics since then, one, cuz I feel they're less prominent now much like AMV's I feel like that era of YouTube is gone for the most part.. And you'd have to really LOOK for both if you'd wish to read or watch them.

Is there a place where fanfics are rated/graded by fans to filter out quality? I never followed much fanfiction before but wouldn't be adverse to checking out some if there was a quality control system in place.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 am

GS7X7 wrote: Is there a place where fanfics are rated/graded by fans to filter out quality? I never followed much fanfiction before but wouldn't be adverse to checking out some if there was a quality control system in place.
On fanfiction.net there is the option to sort fics by the number of users who have favorited or followed them. In theory, the ones that have more favorites will be of higher quality. On the other hand, the most favorited ones could also feature pairings that a lot of people ship, thus guaranteeing that they're being read by a larger number of people than non-romance fics, but not necessarily guaranteeing quality. But there's just so many fanfics on ff.net (looking right now, over 44,000 for DBZ alone) that can be an intimidating place to start. I haven't actively sought out fanfics in quite a long time, so maybe someone else can recommend a smaller, more quality controlled site.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8287
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:28 am

sailorspazz wrote:
GS7X7 wrote: Is there a place where fanfics are rated/graded by fans to filter out quality? I never followed much fanfiction before but wouldn't be adverse to checking out some if there was a quality control system in place.
On fanfiction.net there is the option to sort fics by the number of users who have favorited or followed them. In theory, the ones that have more favorites will be of higher quality. On the other hand, the most favorited ones could also feature pairings that a lot of people ship, thus guaranteeing that they're being read by a larger number of people than non-romance fics, but not necessarily guaranteeing quality. But there's just so many fanfics on ff.net (looking right now, over 44,000 for DBZ alone) that can be an intimidating place to start. I haven't actively sought out fanfics in quite a long time, so maybe someone else can recommend a smaller, more quality controlled site.
And sometimes the most popular fics are in fact completely awful. Like Chunin Exam Day, one of the most popular Naruto fanfics and second most reviewed. So even sorting like that might not help you with quality.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
ParkerAL
Regular
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by ParkerAL » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:05 pm

I once ran across a short fan comic on DeviantArt in which Vegeta had fathered a kid with Goku, And no, the author didn't gender bend either character. We're talking full male pregnancy here. Even someone from the supporting cast (Chi-Chi I think) pointed out the absurdity of the situation. Also, each speech bubble contained about a hundred words, on average. So much for comics being a visual medium...
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:06 am

TheBalishChannel wrote:Remember the one where Young Gohan used the seven dragon balls to wish for Piccolo to have a "real cock?"
OHYGOD! How this I miss this?
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am
Enjoy unboxing crap :thumbup:. Your continued support for crap will give us more crap for many years to come! :clap:.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

User avatar
kazamino
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm
Location: kasamino city
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by kazamino » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 pm

a friend of mine showed me this person on deviantart... I'll let you all be the judge

http://km6.deviantart.com/


I've only read like three of the stories/journal posts this person has made, I see nothing but self insert tripe and it makes me laugh how this person wants so hard to be part of Son Goku's family (even to the point of making a pure saiyan named "Panku Enema" or something as an OC... I just skimmed through it).

I warn you though, I think this person only just started writing DBZ FF... seems this one's more into Bleach and Hetalia
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:57 pm

From an idea Quebaz and I had in the community chat....we should totally do a "Kanzenshuu Reads" on these. The mods have enough work with the podcast and wiki though, so let the users handle the dirty work here. :thumbup:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:From an idea Quebaz and I had in the community chat....we should totally do a "Kanzenshuu Reads" on these. The mods have enough work with the podcast and wiki though, so let the users handle the dirty work here. :thumbup:
We could take awful DBZ fanfictions, make a cast list and act them :lol:
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
kazamino
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm
Location: kasamino city
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by kazamino » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:07 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:From an idea Quebaz and I had in the community chat....we should totally do a "Kanzenshuu Reads" on these. The mods have enough work with the podcast and wiki though, so let the users handle the dirty work here. :thumbup:
We could take awful DBZ fanfictions, make a cast list and act them :lol:
I'd be all for it, I kinda want to hear how y'all handle the "works" of the person I shared...
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13017
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 pm

kazamino wrote:a friend of mine showed me this person on deviantart... I'll let you all be the judge

http://km6.deviantart.com/


I've only read like three of the stories/journal posts this person has made, I see nothing but self insert tripe and it makes me laugh how this person wants so hard to be part of Son Goku's family (even to the point of making a pure saiyan named "Panku Enema" or something as an OC... I just skimmed through it).

I warn you though, I think this person only just started writing DBZ FF... seems this one's more into Bleach and Hetalia
I don't think we should be pointing fingers. This is a respectable community and this just feels really mean spirited to make fun of a fanfiction writer. If you want to critique bad fanfiction go ahead, but don't mock the person. The person apparently wants their character to be part of the Son family, so what? Yeah it's a pretty bad trope but if they do it they do it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
kazamino
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm
Location: kasamino city
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by kazamino » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:55 am

I wasn't pointing fingers, I just wanted to know your thoughts... I shared my point of view and I know that y'all might not agree. Yeah it seems mean spirited and I apologize if you think my whole intent was to mock, I came about it wrong...
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13017
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:28 am

kazamino wrote:I wasn't pointing fingers, I just wanted to know your thoughts... I shared my point of view and I know that y'all might not agree. Yeah it seems mean spirited and I apologize if you think my whole intent was to mock, I came about it wrong...
You linked straight to their account, then mocked this person cause of their apparent fanfic want of being in the Son family. I wouldn't say that makes for a compelling story, but if they want to do this it's no big deal. It's pretty harmless compared to the darker things that have been brought up here. That kind of posting gives us a bad name. We can criticize, but we shouldn't be "laughing" at said persons harmless stuff. Unless said person is pompous and refuses any sort of criticism like some very popular DBZ fans who have ginormous views.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:49 am

I once read a Harry Potter/DBZ Fan fic. which, while ridiculous, was kind of interesting.

It's place after the third harry potter movie, and just after the cell games. Dumbledore sense an evil far beyond that of Voldemort and since he was in touch with the Cell crisis, he sends a hogwarts invite card to Gohan, Chichi immediately sends him over as she doesn't have to pay for the studies XD, . Gohan sets out with Proffesor lupin to find the dragon balls, once they do, they summon shenron and they fail a wish (I think it was destroying Voldemort or something) Gohan then uses the wish to cure Lupin of his wolf form, after this he finally sets out to Howartz while Harry, Ron and Hermione finish their martial arts training with Videl.


That's the only thing I read, but I do admit, that while ridiculous, it was nice as I'm fan of both HP and DBZ XD.

There's also a Naruto Crossover where Gohan curbstomps the whole Narutoverse and takes Hinata. XD until the shippuden arc where dbz dimension and naruto dimension fuse and balance the powerlevel, leading to Itachi fending himself against Gohan and Killing Hinata while Goku, Future Gohan and Trunks get over to this new dimension XDDDD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
kazamino
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm
Location: kasamino city
Contact:

Re: Ridiculous DBZ Fanfiction stuff you've come across

Post by kazamino » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 am

I laughed... didn't imply anyone else would. But at any rate I guess I should withdraw my comments, I apologize again if I have done anything unwelcome here. I will remove the link if it is that problematic.


I do still await your opinions on the quality of said person's work however...
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

Locked