After Fukkatsu No F

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: After Fukkatsu No F

Post by ZazamPow » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Spinoff movie about the humans. Opening is some dude imprisoning the most powerful warriors on Earth, leaving Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to sack up and figure out a way to save the day by themselves.

God that sounds even more awesome when I write it down.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:22 pm

I agree that a post-Z Uub story could be great. I'd like to see another Future Trunks story, although less dark and more along the tone of the 2008 OVA.
Spinoff movie about the humans. Opening is some dude imprisoning the most powerful warriors on Earth, leaving Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to sack up and figure out a way to save the day by themselves.

Motherfucking this.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:55 pm

ZazamPow wrote:Spinoff movie about the humans. Opening is some dude imprisoning the most powerful warriors on Earth, leaving Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to sack up and figure out a way to save the day by themselves.

Mr Satan would probably have a role in this too since Toriyama once said that he'd love to make a spinoff involving Mr Satan and Mr Buu.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
ZazamPow wrote:Spinoff movie about the humans. Opening is some dude imprisoning the most powerful warriors on Earth, leaving Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to sack up and figure out a way to save the day by themselves.

Mr Satan would probably have a role in this too since Toriyama once said that he'd love to make a spinoff involving Mr Satan and Mr Buu.
Hahaha yes! Krillin, Ten and Yamcha finally beat the big bad villain and Mr. Satan still gets all the credit... Well, he did defeat Buu and Cell after all.
Last edited by In Brightest Day on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm

I wish Toriyama would create one-shot mangas starring the human characters. He can really capitalize on his gag writing style while expanding the DBZ universe. >.>
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Unless they're willing to go against pre-established lore, the next film would have to be set after the End of Z as Bulma remarks, on seeing Goku and Goten train before the last World Tournament, that Goku hasn't seen her for 5 years.

Personally I'd like to see something a bit like the tournament in Multiverse but between the Gods of Destruction and they're allowed to choose a certain number of combatants each from their universes. Although admittedly that'd be a rather long movie.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Marco Polo wrote:

Buu would be one of the beings imprisoned by the new big bad, which would give Hercule motivation to be brave and join in the fight for completely non-selfish reasons, which would be endearing and at the same time provide comedy potential with Krillin and Tien trying to convince him to just stay home.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:36 pm

I want us to visit Makai. Maybe have the gang go restore order (for lack of a better word) after Whis explains that someone overthrew Dabura.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:59 pm

I want Toriyama to make his own sequel to DBZ with Goku and Uub. Sure GT will likely be ignore but that's not a bad thing. GT will be view as a AU series and the characters from GT will still appear in video games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:26 pm

I would like to see a Makaioshin as the main villain, but from a different universe. The Makaioshin of the 7th Universe are currently weaker than Kaioshin, so by bringing a stronger Makaioshin from another universe, we can learn more about the Makaioshin and learn more about the other universes. 8)
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:I agree that a post-Z Uub story could be great.
Me too. Having EOZ placed between 2nd and 3rd movie could tie it up the entire period very well

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 pm

voltlunok wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Broly Movie #4. Broly kills Whis because he's Broly and no one can beat him until somebody beats him at the end of every movie he's in.
While I wouldn't want that...I'd still love to see how Toriyama would handle Broly. I think Broly has a lot of potential in the hands of good writers but instead of using that we just make him a force of nature that curb stomps everyone for *Checks watch* 30 minutes at a time only to get beat in the end by Deus ex Goku.

But other then that, I think what I'd want out of the 3rd movie is something more relaxed, perhaps just have the movie be the events of the WMAT at the end of Z. No threat to the world, no death, just...a fun send off with one more tournament!
Exactly we need good writers for broly, cause someone already released a harem manga about broly busting a multiverse with his thoughts and traveling thru super dimensions and shit.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Maybe a movie version of GT: Toriyama already retconned Goku's beginnings, he might as well retcon Toei's fiasco.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Maybe a movie version of GT: Toriyama already retconned Goku's beginnings, he might as well retcon Toei's fiasco.
YEAH! SSJ4 GOKU AND VEGETA VS PORUNGA SHADOW DRAGONS

LOL

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Honestly, I do want a new non-canon Toei movie.

What they lack in humor and consistency, they make up in good old fashion badassery, which is what modern DBZ (sans FoF) has been lacking, imo.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:29 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Broly Movie #4. Broly kills Whis because he's Broly and no one can beat him until somebody beats him at the end of every movie he's in.
I threw up in my mouth a little at the though of another Broly movie
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 am

I hope we see the Z fighters team up with the Galactic Patrol.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:40 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Honestly, I do want a new non-canon Toei movie.
Episode of Bardock was not enough?

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 am

FoolsGil wrote:Maybe a movie version of GT: Toriyama already retconned Goku's beginnings, he might as well retcon Toei's fiasco.
And who's gonna retcon neo-Toriyama fiasco? :think:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 am

Marco Polo wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Honestly, I do want a new non-canon Toei movie.
Episode of Bardock was not enough?
You know what I mean! :x