Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the Final Chapter & Uub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the Final Chapter & Uub

Post by shinmaru » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 am

Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the final Chapter & UUB to continue DBZ? I wouldn't mind because it doesn't fit with BOG & ROF already. There is too much happening for the final chapter to make sense. And UUB isn't that interesting I wouldn't care if they sacrifice him for new DBZ and make him a part of a alternative universe, GT universe.
Last edited by shinmaru on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the Final Chapter & U

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:58 am

I doubt we're gonna get Toriyama to work on a DB series ever again, working on movies that each come out a couple years after each other is managable, but the guys not a spring chicken anymore. To work on a long series, even one that's say the length of GT from start to finish would be a pretty huge committment I don't think he'd be willing to do.

As for ditching Uub I really like the idea of him but the problem is Toriyama just setup his apprenticeship and then never really did anything with it. I'd like for the movie after "F" to skip ahead when his training is complete or heavily underway like GT did.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:03 am

I'm really not sure. On one hand, if they run out of time in between the end of Buu and Uub, then they can just take the next movie after Uub comes along and have him be a major character, continue the story. On the other hand, I'm not exactly the world's biggest Uub fan so I wouldn't mind if they just ditched him in favor of something better.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:19 am

Personally, Uub is my least favorite character, so I'm all for throwing him away. But really, I'd love a new ending to help incorporate BOG and ROF. Also, have Goku NOT fly off with some random child for years and years. There's also that.
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:43 am

This isn't gonna happen. Ever.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I doubt we're gonna get Toriyama to work on a DB series ever again, working on movies that each come out a couple years after each other is
Even if they only continue with movies they only have a little space left after ROF.And maybe Toyble with a little guidance from Toriyama can make something happen. If this Movie does good and makes money, I think they'll try to make something with or without Toriyama's help.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:10 am

shinmaru wrote: I wouldn't mind because it doesn't fit with BOG & ROF already.
Thankfully, this just confirms that the terrible new movies are side-stories.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 am

How doesn't the 28th TB arc fit with the new movies again?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:How doesn't the 28th TB arc fit with the new movies again?
I'm guessing it's because Oob gave Goku a bit of trouble?

Because that's the only reason I'm finding.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:How doesn't the 28th TB arc fit with the new movies again?
Goku stated that someone else might win the tournament. By the way things are going, even if Uub was much stronger than Kid Buu despite not having any training, Goku and Vegeta would still be stronger and wouldn't lose.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:58 am

I wouldn't like it if that happened at all, but personally that's because I'm all for a human character being able to fight on par with the Saiyans again at long last. I think there are still ways it could be made to work, but only time will tell.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

CM101Play
Beyond Newbie

Post by CM101Play » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:59 am

I'd love it. Never liked Uub. Never liked the concept of Uub. Never liked Goku leaving with Uub.

I'm HOPING he retcons it. The new material is awesome and I thought the manga ending was a letdown.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 pm

rereboy wrote:By the way things are going, even if Uub was much stronger than Kid Buu despite not having any training, Goku and Vegeta would still be stronger and wouldn't lose.
Where did you get that idea from? The limit of Uub's power is never mentioned in the manga.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Where did you get that idea from? The limit of Uub's power is never mentioned in the manga.
By thinking logically. It doesn't make much sense for Uub, as the reincarnation of Kid Buu, to be that much stronger than Kid Buu right away since he is still a kid and is untrained. If he does become much stronger than Kid Buu, it will be thanks to training. But even presuming that he was much stronger than Kid Buu, Goku and Vegeta would still be stronger than him, unless Uub was WAAYYY stronger than Kid Buu despite being still a kid and having no training, which doesn't make sense.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Goku not going SS in FnF seems to coincide with EoZ well, anyway:

I would not necessarily ditch the ending but sort of continue it (next movie maybe?) because what if training Uub had some kind of other agenda for Goku? Vegeta did seem to know what Goku was up too but never revealed it to the audience (iirc), I always thought it was to uphold peace but now I am not so sure, if he truly was trying to uphold peace why not just train Goten or Trunks or Pan? What are you up too Goku? The more I think of it, it seems Toriyama left threads open for a continuation of sorts, and now it looks like we might actually get it (assuming there is a next movie)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 pm

I think I'd have to agree with rereboy here. While I certainly have no issues with Oob turning out to have a lot more potential than just Kid Boo level strength, I doubt that would be all there in him right at the start. What we see from him at the tournament is a little boy, untrained in the skills of combat, with massive reserves of strength that he doesn't really know how to tap into yet. So even I, who generally doesn't question power things, do have to quirk my eyebrow up a bit at the moment when Goku blocks a kick with his arm and it makes his arm shiver. Everything we're getting now is kind of making that look a little odd.

But, we have no idea yet what's going to happen at the end of this movie, nor do we have any idea what else might happen in the series timeline before it gets around to Oob. Things could smooth themselves over, or that moment could end up just being a minor case of something not fitting 100%.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Freeza and Cell rivaled Goku without training, so I don't see any reason why Uub can't. Just because he's the reincarnation of Buu doesn't mean he has the same power limit.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 pm

I wish they'd just make a movie about Uub's training with Goku.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 pm

As much as I like that "ending", it has to be altered... Whenever Kakarot got stronger, Uub also gets. It is odd to see Kakarot's arm trembling by a single kick even after Battle of Gods and now, Fukkatsu no F.

The ending must be with both of them, but in another way.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Freeza and Cell rivaled Goku without training, so I don't see any reason why Uub can't. Just because he's the reincarnation of Buu doesn't mean he has the same power limit.
The same power limit after training and improving.

What you are suggesting is Uub being naturally and massively stronger than Kid Buu just because.