What phrases/opinions/things bring out your irate fanboy?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What phrases/opinions/things bring out your irate fanboy

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Whenever I hear canon and Dragon Ball and/or GT in the same sentence. There is no canon, there will never be a canon, make up your own if you please but then don't go spouting it off as if its fact. Its almost annoying as hearing "classic" or "faithful" when it comes to any comic book adaptation now.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Ok, then he was being realistic. Also, taiyoken+kienzan is the most OP combo ever and Krillin would kill every villain and we sure can't have that, am i right?
The fact that Kuririn is, probably, the most realistic character out of the entire series (in a show where people fly and shoot laser beams), along with Bulma I guess, is what makes him so 'hated'. Everyone else is a certified "badass" and people can't stand that he isn't one too.
What about Bulma, Chi-Chi, Yajirobe, Chiaotzu? They are not badass.
Yajirobe is not badass? :p
Bulma is the most important female character, Chi Chi is unfairly portrayed as annoying in fillers and Chiaotzu really sucks.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Yajirobe is an amazing character. I know the point is that he doesn't like getting involved, but I still think he should've done more.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:19 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Yajirobe is an amazing character. I know the point is that he doesn't like getting involved, but I still think he should've done more.
That image is epic :D Yeah, he is cool. The thing i like about Yajirobe is that he's really strong for a human which he proved in Dragon Ball, it's just that he's lazy and doesn't care.
Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Bulma is the most important female character, Chi Chi is unfairly portrayed as annoying in fillers and Chiaotzu really sucks.
Well, not anymore. :D I can do the same with Yamcha.

Last edited by Mystic Tien on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:Image
Yep, TFS. This could go on forever and i do not want that.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm

For the record, neither Yamcha or Krillin are hated on. People find it funny that they get mopped around, and just expect it.

Only character I've seen people legitimately hate on are Mr. Satan and modern Gohan.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:For the record, neither Yamcha or Krillin are hated on. People find it funny that they get mopped around, and just expect it.

Only character I've seen people legitimately hate on are Mr. Satan and modern Gohan.
I dunno, I saw a lot of people hating on Krillin and Yamcha, because of them being "weak" and "pathetic". Some people go as far as to say that Roshi is stronger than both of them. Yeah, seriously.
Marco Polo wrote:

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:17 pm

I think it's a phase that lots of people go through- girls hate females who don't behave like boys, boys hate males who doesn't bust galaxies :P
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:What is wrong?
You dragging Yajirobe and Chi-Chi into this just to hide the fact Yamcha's portrayed as a loser. Which is unfair to them considering they used to be incredible (or could have been) in Dragon Ball.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:27 pm

^
DBZAOTA482 wrote:*A stupidly large amount of pictures*
People posting a mile's worth of pictures when there's a perfectly good spoiler coding system in place really brings out my irate fanboy. And the people who quote said mile of pictures to make a one-sentence reply are even worse.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:29 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:What is wrong?
You dragging Yajirobe and Chi-Chi into this just to hide the fact Yamcha's portrayed as a loser. Which is unfair to them considering they used to be incredible (or could have been) in Dragon Ball.
Em... I didn't say that either of them was a loser, I just said that they were not exactly badass in my opinion. Yamcha also could become incredible, and heck, his fight with Tenshinhan was incredible IMO. Yamcha also skyrocketed in strength, while both Chichi and Yajirobe stopped training. I don't hate and dislike them, I like them, but I don't see them as being incredible, considering how early they dropped the whole thing, and, well the fact that they actually stopped training at all. To be honest Goku held back against Chichi quite obviously, and Yajirobe was a cool guy in Daimao saga, but after that he got surpassed by everyone, I pretty sure, that even by Chiaotzu. No one argues that they are strong, or that they are great martial artists, they are, they are also stronger and better in martial arts than 99,9 % of the Eartlings, yet I still don't see them exactly as badasses.

And yeah, Yamcha was portrayed as a loser, I just don't understand why only him is overhated/bashed/whatever else, considering how a lot of other DB/DBZ/etc characters got tossed off for the sake of new ones, I don't see people hating on Lunch, while she became completely irrelevant in DBZ, and heck, never even appeared there.
Marco Polo wrote:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Whenever I hear canon and Dragon Ball and/or GT in the same sentence. There is no canon, there will never be a canon, make up your own if you please but then don't go spouting it off as if its fact. Its almost annoying as hearing "classic" or "faithful" when it comes to any comic book adaptation now.
There is canon. Saying there isn't doesn't make me irate, but it does mildly annoy me. Canon differentiates itself from things like fanfiction. The big difference between DBZ canon and western comics canon is that DB is one big story with a single author. Comics like Batman have multiple authors, interpretations, and timelines.

Yajirobe is a good example of someone who doesn't keep up with everyone else but still contributes.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:36 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:For the record, neither Yamcha or Krillin are hated on. People find it funny that they get mopped around, and just expect it.

And only one of those is deservedly hated. It's not Mr. Satan.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:What is wrong?
Em... I didn't say that either of them was a loser, I just said that they were not exactly badass in my opinion. Yamcha also could become incredible, and heck, his fight with Tenshinhan was incredible IMO. Yamcha also skyrocketed in strength, while both Chichi and Yajirobe stopped training. I don't hate and dislike them, I like them, but I don't see them as being incredible, considering how early they dropped the whole thing, and, well the fact that they actually stopped training at all. To be honest Goku held back against Chichi quite obviously, and Yajirobe was a cool guy in Daimao saga, but after that he got surpassed by everyone, I pretty sure, that even by Chiaotzu. No one argues that they are strong, or that they are great martial artists, they are, they are also stronger and better in martial arts than 99,9 % of the Eartlings, yet I still don't see them exactly as badasses.

And yeah, Yamcha was portrayed as a loser, I just don't understand why only him is overhated/bashed/whatever else, considering how a lot of other DB/DBZ/etc characters got tossed off for the sake of new ones, I don't see people hating on Lunch, while she became completely irrelevant in DBZ, and heck, never even appeared there.
To be fair, Chi-Chi does get mocked (quite unfairly, I may add) for the fact that Goku didn't lay a finger on her (even though the move he used to beat her was suggested to be quite powerful and was a special technique Kami thought him) to the point where people ignore her fight with Goku altogether which is where some people get the ridiculous idea that Videl of all people can beat her and Yajirobe often perceived to be weak by fans.
Doctor. wrote:

And only one of those is deservedly hated. It's not Mr. Satan.
Don't forget Pan... well, most of it (her strength is the only one unjust).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:45 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: To be fair, Chi-Chi does get mocked (quite unfairly, I may add) for the fact that Goku didn't lay a finger on her (even though the move he used to beat her was suggested to be quite powerful and was a special technique Kami thought him) to the point where people ignore her fight with Goku altogether which is where some people get the ridiculous idea that Videl of all people can beat her and Yajirobe often perceived to be weak by fans.

Videl is nowhere near as powerful as Chi-Chi, and I am speaking that as Videl fan, lol. I am not even sure if Videl is stronger than people like Violet, Ranfan, etc. Yajirobe on the other hand is really strong, and I see Chiaotzu as being stronger than him only because he always trains. Well, if people really do this, then I am fine, I guess, though it is pretty bad as well. Neither Yajirobe or Chichi deserve it.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Don't forget Pan... well, most of it (her strength is the only one unjust).
Well, Pan was a teenager, so her attitude was understandable. She was really strong as well, not as strong as Goku or Vegeta though.
Marco Polo wrote:

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Tyro wrote:^
DBZAOTA482 wrote:*A stupidly large amount of pictures*
People posting a mile's worth of pictures when there's a perfectly good spoiler coding system in place really brings out my irate fanboy. And the people who quote said mile of pictures to make a one-sentence reply are even worse.
I'm still learning, guys, sorry...

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote: To be fair, Chi-Chi does get mocked (quite unfairly, I may add) for the fact that Goku didn't lay a finger on her (even though the move he used to beat her was suggested to be quite powerful and was a special technique Kami thought him) to the point where people ignore her fight with Goku altogether which is where some people get the ridiculous idea that Videl of all people can beat her and Yajirobe often perceived to be weak by fans.

Videl is nowhere near as powerful as Chi-Chi, and I am speaking that as Videl fan, lol. I am not even sure if Videl is stronger than people like Violet, Ranfan, etc. Yajirobe on the other hand is really strong, and I see Chiaotzu as being stronger than him only because he always trains. Well, if people really do this, then I am fine, I guess, though it is pretty bad as well. Neither Yajirobe or Chichi deserve it.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Don't forget Pan... well, most of it (her strength is the only one unjust).
Well, Pan was a teenager, so her attitude was understandable. She was really strong as well, not as strong as Goku or Vegeta though.
She's 9/10.
fadeddreams5 wrote: