What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to be?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 am

By third film, I mean one set after F, but before EoZ.

Examples:

- A new powerful villain appears who's actually a threat for everyone, including Whis. Goku and co. must now find a new means to defeat this foe and save their universe (may or may not include help from other universes). Can be multiple villains instead of one.

- The ultimate tournament is set: all the gods of destruction gather to determine who's the strongest in the multiverse. Goku and Vegeta, not resisting the urge to test their new strength, join to fight their toughest opponents yet. The fight is on! Featuring the rematch of the century: Goku vs Vegeta. You can just imagine this in movie posters.

- A movie starring another character within the cast during this time period. For example, a movie that focuses on Gohan's development and growth to compensate for the shit they've done to him. Can also feature a new or old villain.

- An adventure in another universe. Explain the adventure you would want plz. n_n

- Other (Please specify)
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to

Post by MajinMan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:44 am

I would want something like the beginning of GT (except the whole dragon balls crap) that takes place in other universes. Goku and Vegeta basically going on a tour with Beerus and Whis and something bad happens and all the Gods of Destruction split up in 2 factions and fight, threatening everything. It's up to Goku and Vegeta to save the whole existence of everything that exists and prove they're the best...but then we run out of ideas and no more movie and/or a new series.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:54 am

Traveling to another universe; discovering different rules apply there, trying to adapt in time to fight whoever the antagonist will be.

OR

Villain with reality-warping powers! Like Janemba, but smarter. What I was expecting initially from Beerus.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 am

Dragon Ball Z: The Sin of Devil

A demonic being who's both a gifted mage and gifted scientist, is seeking to destabilize the balance between creation and destruction. Thanks to the recent conflicts on earth, he manages to collect a sample of God Ki, and uses negative energy to convert it into what he dubs Devil ki. He's unable to harness it from himself, so he creates a golem of negative energy and sends it to kidnap the strongest living Demon, or rather, former demon.

His target is non other than Piccolo! He successfully kidnaps Piccolo, and corrupts him with the devil ki. He is unable to control Piccolo, but Piccolo lets him live so that he'll draw attention away from himself. This Devil form of piccolo has a black aura, and his eyes become black voids.

Beerus is contacted by the God of Creation, who's job is to take the remains of what he destroys and remake it into something new. He informs Beerus of the Devil Ki, and Beerus leaves to handle it, bring Goku and Vegeta along. Goku plans to revive Piccolo once he's defeated, but Beerus informs him that anyone killed by the God of Destruction is dead permanently.

Gohan tries to stop him but gets defeated, by the God of Creation takes pity on him, and offers to train him so he can save his master. He has Gohan train in a room that will replace his body with one that had continued his training, but requires him to spend that amount of time training inside his mind (It also has a ROSAT like effect.)

He's only able to take that kind of Training for 1 year of head time, but fortunately The God of Creation has prepared a special weapon: a positively charged variant of God Ki, dubbed Angel Ki.

The Demonic being's base is attacked. He's able to hold of Goku and Vegeta with Hatred Clones, copies of the beings who hate them most in the entire universe (For the record, Vegeta's is Guldo and Goku's is emperor Pilaf) but they realize that since the hate clones are powered by Hate, they can be defeated by switching opponents.

Beerus extorts Piccolo's location from The Demonic being, then kills him, before Going to Piccolo, who's on earth. Piccolo is confident he can fight Beerus, but to keep Vegeta off his back to uses Devil Ki to corrupt Goku into Devil Goku. Fortunately, Devil Goku is still an idiot whose idea of evil is going on a dine and dash, but he serves his purpose.

Angel Gohan (With White Aura and White Glowing eyes) Shows up and decorrupts Goku, then joins into the Fray of the Piccolo Beerus battle. He has a plan, but Beerus is interupting him, so Goku and Vegeta hold Beerus off.

Gohan matches Piccolo Blow for Blow, but Piccolo decides to take him out by stealing his Angel Ki. This was Gohan's plan all along. Angel Ki is the opposite of Devil Ki, so they cannot Co exist, Both Ki types are destroyed, leaving only neutral God Ki.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:27 am

Damn you have the whole plot layed out already! You should shoot Toriyama some ideas for the upcoming movie lol because that sounded pretty interesting.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:45 am

The next film is supposedly going to be called "Revival of B". After Broly slaps him around a few times, Gohan will transform into Ultimate SSG with green hair. It'd make just as much sense, and he deserves it more. :thumbup:
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:53 am

As long as it has nothing to do with Gohan then it will be good.

For Beerus to mention this multi-verse and not have it be explored would be a shame.

Ryuji-Otogi
Banned

Post by Ryuji-Otogi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 am

I want to see a movie where Pilaf and co. finally collect all the dragon balls. Pilaf wishes for the strength to beat Goku and become world Emperor. Super Saiyan God versus angry blue man!

... Okay, maybe some of us aren't ready for this one. But count me in :)

They could easily do a Xenoverse-inspired time travel kind of movie. It could even introduce GT story elements as an in-universe alternate timeline the same way the game does. That idea might not be very popular, but I wouldn't mind seeing brand new 2016 animated Super Saiyan 4 kicking ass.

If they keep pumping out new DBZ movies every other year, and if Toriyama keeps writing the script, then the collective films could comprise their own sequel to the events of DBZ. Um... basically, GT is overwritten and forgot about. How about some Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta. Or a new fusion...(Vegeta and Table? Vegetable!) Show us something we haven't seen before. I don't wanna see them just rehash more old villains and fight more gods of destruction.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:30 am

I have thought about it a lot and I already made up the story over countless random absent minded minutes while doing homework.

-The story starts off with the 12 Gods of the universe attending a meeting with Kibito Kai. (Plotholes I know)

-One of the 12 Gods (The Most Powerful) Starts a fight about how we need to reinvent all the universes to fit his own evil desire and starts fighting with the other Gods because he is known to have a bad reputation. Beerus fights against him and angers him to the point where the Evil God steals Beerus' Pudding and crushes it and everyone tries to calm him down. The Evil God is pissed off at him

-The Evil God surprise attacks Beerus and manages to kill him and Beerus tells him that he won't defeat the Super Saiyan God. Whis tries to save him, but gets knocked out. The God then goes out to

-Whis tells Goku about this, but Vegeta calls it crap because their can't be anyone so powerful. Vegeta slowly comes to his senses.

-Goku and all the other Gods get enraged to have find out about this and try to find out where he is, guessing that he is coming to the Universe of Earth because that is the universe Beerus controls.

-Piccolo visits New Namek to help out Dende, but ultimately finds Dende almost dead and the rest of the Namekians.

-Piccolo rushes to battle making sure Dende stays alive, but Dende dies after Piccolo gets warn out and the Dragon Balls become useless. The God commands Piccolo to lead him to the Super Saiyan God and Piccolo knows he can't do anything about it because he is so powerful.

-Goku notices that the Dragon Balls have turned to stone indicating something wrong has happened.

-Piccolo leads the Evil God to Earth and soon falls down to the ground but the Evil God is surprised to find the other Gods with him and they have a conversation and tells them what they have done. Goku learns about Dende and feels depressed and sad which he never has been.

-The Gods fight against the Evil God and wear him down to the point where he can be defeated.

-Meanwhile Goku calls every fighter to come and help out(Even Puar, Yajirobie, and Chaozhou) and Gohan watches as Piccolo is slowly bleeding and eventually dies with them having a memorial for him and everybody says how Piccolo was one of the most caring people after he stopped being evil. Gohan then trains extremely hard knowing that Piccolo wants him to defeat the Evil God.

-They have an all-out fight with everyone trying to defeat him.

-Goku decides to give the Spirit Bomb a shot and does the whole Give ME YOUR Energy thing.

-Goku launches the Spirit Bomb and the unexpected happens. The Evil God deflects the thing back at them and Goku tries to protect them with all his strength, but gets crippled and not being able to fight or even talk.

-While everyone is losing hope and crying even Vegeta, Gohan knows his mistakes from Cell and decides that the fight isn't over. He powers up all the way and manages to almost defeat the Evil God.

-In the end Gohan fires a Masenko Blast at the Evil God and they have a clash battle. Gohan tries to convince the other fighters to join him and succeeds. Vegeta uses his Final Flash, Kurrin uses his Destructo Disc, Ten using his Neo Tri-Beam, Yamcha using his Sprit Ball, and finally Gotenks using his Continuous Die Die Missile. They all form into one huge red beam. (Don't know the Japanese translations about the attacks that well...)

-They almost got the Evil God pinned down, but still need more energy.

-Goku gives up hope for the first time, but everybody tells Goku how he has helped them so much and a lot of the times they were left helpless they would need Goku's help. Goku using what last of the Energy he has fires the most powerful Kamehameha at the Evil God and destroys him!

-Goku and the fighters are now known all over the universes and everybody loves them. The Gods of the Universes perform a Grand Feast and then Goku gets the gi that he will wear for the rest of his life and when he is training with Oob. The Blue Gi. Now I should just become Toriyama because I wrote this in like one hour.... :lol:
Last edited by TheKingOfKamehamehas on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:44 am

Yep. It's time to explore the 12 Universes and open up Dragonball to more adventures. Maybe something where Goku and Vegeta end up being trapped in one of the other Universes and it turns out to be an incredibly hostile place where they are comparatively weak and have to rely on each other to survive. Would flip things round a bit and make for a fresh pace.

I also want to see what Toriyama can do for new powerful villains. He hinted at a whole new set of universes but then brought back an old villain (which is fine), so now it's time to finally fulfill on what you've set up, because it's as far as I'm concerned the most interesting thing to come out of BoG (and probably FnF), since there's an opportunity there to take the story to a new place, as was done with Namek long ago. Also, Goku is stronger than anyone in the after life, and Freeza was the strongest mutant in the galaxy, so it seems less and less reasonable as time goes on for people powerful enough to be able to appear out of nothing. It was the same for Earth, so Toriyama moved the story to space, and then thought up robots, and finally ancient evils. Beings from another dimension/universe seem like the obvious next level up, and I think/hope that this was the point of Beerus introducing that concept. It blows the potential of Dragonball wide open again like it was in the beginning of the story.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:54 am

I think it's safe to say we're going to get more then 1 movie so I won't mind if Toriyama puts the spotlight on Gohan&Piccolo in the 3rd one.

I know they're both weak at this point but if they're trained by Whis for awhile they'll be as good as new.

In terms of the villain I'd like to see something from another universe,sure if Piccolo&Gohan are the heroes then whoever won't be on par with Beerus or Freeza but it'll still be a nice change and Toriyama knows how to write great characters so even if whoever is weaker we'll still be getting new characters which is something everyone wants.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:09 am

I'd like the third film to focus on the other universes. Bring us new villains, abilities, setting etc.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 am

i feel the other 12 universes would need a TV series to do justice

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:20 am

Evil super saiyan God Cell!

Okay, maybe not.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

kinnikuchu

Post by kinnikuchu » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:20 am

Instead of movies they should come up with a new TV saga. A saga related to the new universes that Bills spoke about. I also feel DBZ needs to reform its formula a bit. The powering-up and" the strongest one wins" formula is a bit washed-up. A better story development would be good, as well. In modern DBZ presentations we always see the happy ending, as if there were no danger at all. I feel Goku and companion should lose something, other than Krillin absence for a few months :roll:.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:44 am

kinnikuchu wrote:In modern DBZ presentations we always see the happy ending, as if there were no danger at all. I feel Goku and companion should lose something, other than Krillin absence for a few months :roll:.
I feel the same. But nowadays it's impossible to create any sense of threat or danger anymore. We have two sets of dragon balls that they have access to at any time, and the strongest character in the universe, who's a friend now, has the ability to reverse time. :sick:
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:35 am

A movie taking place between EoZ and GT would be nice. Include Uub and explore the "12 universes" idea.
One man
One woman

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:10 am

Things I would like to see, in no particular order:

- 12 universes

- DBZ/Xenoverse tie-in, with another cameo of Jaco and the Galatic Patrol.

- Anything post-EoZ with Uub.

- Full mind control Goku. He will be a threat to everyone's life. If it happens less than a year after RoF, they won't be able to use the DB until then.

Mandatory on any of these...

- Vegeta's and Bra's interaction. She has to be born soon, dammit.

- Goten and Trunks as young teens. Is time for them to grow up too!!
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:46 am

Complely discarding God-thing & some major focus on Humans

Also Teenage Gotenks.

Wish Kaioshin's receive some focus. The Gods (NOT random god of destruction), esp the Kaios & Dai Kaio with some backstory intertwined to Zetto senshi's as Majin Buu should be interesting

CashmanX
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by CashmanX » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:53 am

Chuquita wrote:Traveling to another universe; discovering different rules apply there, trying to adapt in time to fight whoever the antagonist will be.

OR

Villain with reality-warping powers! Like Janemba, but smarter. What I was expecting initially from Beerus.
Or how about all the plots we thought Battle of Gods was going to have combined? Reality warping Makaioshin who are not strong, but are still messing with the stability of all 12 universes. Think Xenoverse with space instead of time.

Maybe also something that elaborates on the whole "I'm a lifeform known as Whis" line?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump