Resurrection F Box Office - $64.8 million Worldwide

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $57.28 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:27 pm

That's right. A total of $5.58 million between US and Canada as of Saturday and $51.7 million as of Thursday as mentioned here.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/m ... ntID=40071

Makes $57.28 million.

That's not including what it's made in Australia though as it only came out Thursday. Between that and what it made in US today it's certainly passed Dragon Ball Evolution now.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Bullza wrote:No as it lacks the theatre count necessary to do it. It made well over $1 million on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday because it in around 900 theatres.

Sunday it's in 154 theatres so that might mean a couple hundred thousand. Monday it's got 200 theatres so again maybe the same.

Tuesday will be bigger because it has 800 theatres that day so it might get close to a million. Then Wednesday it has 357 theatres so maybe a few hundred thousand.

Perhaps it can do $7-7.5 million.
Ahh I see thanks. But still if it can pull 7m that would be great, I think I intialy was hoping for 6m so it seems it's on course for that least :)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:28 pm

Bullza wrote:That's right. A total of $5.58 million between US and Canada as of Saturday and $51.7 million as of Thursday as mentioned here.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/m ... ntID=40071

Makes $57.28 million.

That's not including what it's made in Australia though as it only came out Thursday. Between that and what it made in US today it's certainly passed Dragon Ball Evolution now.
That is fantastic news. Way it go ROF. You out-grossed that monstrosity. :clap: :thumbup:

StrawHatPatriot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StrawHatPatriot » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:42 pm

Watched it yesterday. Theater was packed!

As I walked out everyone was talking about it in the background. I saw people of all shapes and sizes talking about it: it was awesome.

I also read that RF has the highest per theater average this week? And that's a record for a limited release?

People really underestimate how popular this series is.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:44 am

StrawHatPatriot wrote:Watched it yesterday. Theater was packed!

As I walked out everyone was talking about it in the background. I saw people of all shapes and sizes talking about it: it was awesome.

I also read that RF has the highest per theater average this week? And that's a record for a limited release?

People really underestimate how popular this series is.
I feel like this movie and Super are really bringing back major interest in DB. Closer to the craze that we had in the early 2000s/late 90s. Not on the same level, but I am seeing a huge rise in interest even compared to when BOG came out.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:56 am

Alright! Numbers are in for Australia. According to http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/boxoffice.asp from August 6-9, Resurrection 'F' made $838,281, making it the 6th highest grossing film in that time period. I think those are fantastic numbers considering that it was shown in only 61 theatres across the country. It made 8 times of what Battle of Gods made in Australia last year.

The film is still going to be in theatres for another 10 days so there's more box office money coming.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 am

StrawHatPatriot wrote:People really underestimate how popular this series is.
Even...potentially...Toei?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:12 am

Indeed the Australian gross was announced at making AU$838k. In US dollars that's $617k and over 5x more than what BoG made in the country (in US dollars).

So that should put the movie at $57.9 million now and has passed the worldwide total of Dragon Ball Evolution's $57.5 million to make it the highest grossing Dragon Ball movie.

Whether it's enough for the movie to reach $60 million before it's US and Australian release has finished will depend on some luck.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:29 am

Bullza wrote:Indeed the Australian gross was announced at making AU$838k. In US dollars that's $617k and over 5x more than what BoG made in the country (in US dollars).
Ah crap, I forgot to convert the dollar from AU to US :lol: . Thanks for fixing that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:52 am

Bullza wrote:Indeed the Australian gross was announced at making AU$838k. In US dollars that's $617k and over 5x more than what BoG made in the country (in US dollars).

So that should put the movie at $57.9 million now and has passed the worldwide total of Dragon Ball Evolution's $57.5 million to make it the highest grossing Dragon Ball movie.

Whether it's enough for the movie to reach $60 million before it's US and Australian release has finished will depend on some luck.
Surpassed DBE?!? Can't believe it actually happened :D Don't forget the UK opens next month so it can help push it to 60m.

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F - $57.9 million Worldwide - Surpasses DBE

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:49 pm

http://deadline.com/2015/08/dragon-ball ... 201496048/

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F grossed $322K on 183 screens yesterday for a per screen avg of $1,761 — which was the anime film’s highest per screen average of the weekend. The three-day weekend churned out a total gross of $1,811,063 and that was with a limited number of theaters on Friday. The anime picture, marketed and distributed by FUNimation Entertainment, which played mostly in matinees on Saturday and played on only 183 screens Sunday, now has a total cume of $5.97M since opening on Tuesday.

That's a good amount more than I thought. So it'll be passing $6 million on Monday then.

That's now $58.3 million worldwide.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Resurrection F - $58.29 million Worldwide - Surpasses DB

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:54 pm

All shows around me are currently sold out for tonight.

Have to see it tomorrow at an independent theater.

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:22 pm

StrawHatPatriot wrote:I also read that RF has the highest per theater average this week? And that's a record for a limited release?
Actually, not even close, the numbers being used to get that math require a bit of math trickery.

For one, they are only looking at weekend numbers (not a huge deal.)

Then you take the weekend gross (standard.)

In the case of F, it made almost all of it's weekend money from Saturday, where it had a theater count of 900+.

But to get the average they are using Sunday's theater count, which was 183.

Most box office trackers aren't designed around releases that can change theater count so wildly, so it just grabs the Sunday numbers.

Even F4, which was tanking epicly, had the same theater count for the whole weekend.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:50 pm

He didn't say weekend. The weekend gross hadn't even been given by the time he made his comment. It had the highest theatre average on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the week.

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Bullza wrote:He didn't say weekend. The weekend gross hadn't even been given by the time he made his comment. It had the highest theatre average on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the week.
He said 'week' on a Sunday afternoon. He never specified weekdays or anything else.

Regardless, it's performance is very impressive for anime in the USA.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:45 pm

According to the email FUNimation sent me, Resurrection 'F' is now in the Top 10 Highest-Grossing Anime Titles holding $5.97M with them ranked #9.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:48 pm

He said 'week' on a Sunday afternoon.
He also said that it was something that he'd read. He obviously couldn't have been referring to the weekend as there'd have been nothing to read if the Sunday gross hadn't been given yet.

There was news of it having the highest theatre average in the week though so he was likely referring to that.

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Bullza wrote:There was news of it having the highest theatre average in the week though so he was likely referring to that.
Even if you discount Sunday numbers (which he likely didn't have as you say) F didn't have the highest theater average.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Yeah I know. It was just Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday where it had the #1 highest theatre average. Friday it was #4, Saturday it was #5 and Sunday it went up to #3.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:41 am

Mojo updated with weekend actuals, each day covered with theater counts and per screen average:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... ionoff.htm