Resurrection F Box Office - $64.8 million Worldwide

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $48.8 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:52 pm

It might not get a theatrical release in UK but it might just be too early. They haven't announced dates for France or Italy or really any European countries besides Spain yet.

The last movies dub came out in August in US and then was released on Home video in November in UK. So likely one of three things is going to happen.

1. Same as last year, no theatrical release and a Home video release at the end of the year.

2. Something will be announced soon so it can get a theatrical release in prior to it's Home video release at the end of the year.

3. It'll get theatrical release eventually, either late this year or early next year and then the Home video release will come later this time around instead of about the same time US had it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:27 pm

"Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
Fox International Productions’ Japanese title Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F added $658K to take the cume past $50M at $50.4M. Uruguay was this week’s opener on six screens for $5,475."

Battle of Gods worldwide total was $50.4 million. I'll check later what it did specifically but depending on how it all works out and if actuals went up a little then it might have surpassed it now.

It also means that the last two movies now combine to over $100 million worldwide.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:13 pm

Bullza wrote:"Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
Fox International Productions’ Japanese title Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F added $658K to take the cume past $50M at $50.4M. Uruguay was this week’s opener on six screens for $5,475."

Battle of Gods worldwide total was $50.4 million. I'll check later what it did specifically but depending on how it all works out and if actuals went up a little then it might have surpassed it now.

It also means that the last two movies now combine to over $100 million worldwide.
Man, Dragon Ball just always astounds with its success in one way or another. :)

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $50.4 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:56 pm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... ionoff.htm

Looks like Box Office Mojo have added the movie to their database now and even have the latest overseas figures. I'll replace this link with the other link in the OP.

Looking at the 2015 Worldwide chart the movie comes in at #36. When sorted by overseas gross it's #27. Not bad for what it is.

In the markets it's in now it might burn out at about $52 million by the time it releases in US.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Actuals have come in lower again this week. It made $580,000 for the weekend and is at $50.2 million worldwide.

So it hasn't surpassed Battle of Gods yet but will by next Sunday though whether we get any more updates for it being that the money isn't going to be much anymore I don't know.

Edit: It looks like it's $50.3 million now.
Last edited by Bullza on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Forever

Post by Anime Forever » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Bullza wrote:Actuals have come in lower again this week. It made $580,000 for the weekend and is at $50.2 million worldwide.

So it hasn't surpassed Battle of Gods yet but will by next Sunday though whether we get any more updates for it being that the money isn't going to be much anymore I don't know.
50.3 million is amazing, DBZ still a money maker, Toei should be very happy!!!!

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $50.3 million Worldwide

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:53 am

So both movies have made over $100 million combined, that's really good. Hopefully F will carry on quite strong. :)

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:01 am

I wonder what will UK+France releases contibute (neither got BOG). At least 5m both combined would be nice but I don't think it's possible if number of theatres is really low

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 am

Basaku wrote:I wonder what will UK+France releases contibute (neither got BOG). At least 5m both combined would be nice but I don't think it's possible if number of theatres is really low
It all really depends on whether MangaUK can secure screenings in the major UK cities like London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool, where the major exposure could attract decent amounts of moviegoers.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:46 am

Well heres's a surprise update, usually never get one with the Friday article updates. This comes from Screendaily

"Fox International executives report that Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F has amassed $51.1m"

So then it has now officially surpassed Battle of Gods worldwide total and has matched it's overseas total as well.

It's also more than I thought. Didn't think it would reach $51 million by Sunday but these figures are from the Thursday I believe.

So $6.5 million to go until it surpasses DBE which it will do.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 am

Bullza wrote:Well heres's a surprise update, usually never get one with the Friday article updates. This comes from Screendaily

"Fox International executives report that Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F has amassed $51.1m"

So then it has now officially surpassed Battle of Gods worldwide total and has matched it's overseas total as well.

It's also more than I thought. Didn't think it would reach $51 million by Sunday but these figures are from the Thursday I believe.

Congratulations Toei, ROF has officially outperformed BOG. :clap:

And we still have Europe and North America to go, so surpassing DBE certainly seems very possible now.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:12 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Bullza wrote:Well heres's a surprise update, usually never get one with the Friday article updates. This comes from Screendaily

Congratulations Toei, ROF has officially outperformed BOG. :clap:

And we still have Europe and North America to go, so surpassing DBE certainly seems very possible now.
Don't forget Australia and New Zealand. Hopefully us Aussies and New Zealanders will deliver.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Resurrection F - $51.1 million Worldwide - BoG surpassed

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Yes! I know you can do it! Friends from Australia and New Zealand, lend Dragon Ball your strength!

Yes, that was cheesy, but no I dont regre saying it.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Goal accomplished.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm

There was no update this weekend so it was a good thing that we got the update Friday. Unless there is another update on Friday which is doubtful we likely won't hear anything else now until it comes out in US which is in two weeks.

So thought I'd let you know encase anyone was wondering why there hadn't been an update this time.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:45 pm

According to Box Office Mojo BoG made $2,553,002 is this accurate? Hopefully "F" makes at least $6m in the U.S and then hopefully Aus&UK take "F" over DBE. It is gonna be close I reckon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:According to Box Office Mojo BoG made $2,553,002 is this accurate? Hopefully "F" makes at least $6m in the U.S and then hopefully Aus&UK take "F" over DBE. It is gonna be close I reckon.
Yeah, the gross for the US screenings of BOG is accurate. I'm realistically expecting ROF to make somewhere between 4-5 million in the US. Then the UK and AUS can chip in with an additional 1-2 million to take beyond DBE's gross.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah I'm being conservative and thinking a minimum of $4 million in US myself.

They're releasing it in 25% more theatres and they're advertising it as in release for 9 days as opposed to 4 days so it really shouldn't be making less than $4 million. It needs to make a good chunk more money to warrant this extra push that they're giving this one.

Then when you take into account

- This movies been advertised a lot more.

- There's far more fan awareness for this movie and DB Super should have brought a lot of interest back to the series.

- BoG came to US theatres a year and half after Japan and by that time most fans had watched a DVD quality subbed version online. RoF is coming out only 3 and half months after Japan and as far as I know there is no DVD quality subbed version online.

So yeah $4 million at least. I'd be happy with $5 million.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:28 am

So uhh... I just found out that the film will be out for two weeks in Australia and New Zealand:
That's longer than the North American release. I feel kinda spoilt now :lol: .
Now this could just possibly mean that some theatres are showing it for two weeks max and most theatres are just showing it for a single week like I previously stated but that's still fucking impressive.

Edit: Nope. It is indeed out for 2 weeks in most theatres. from August 6 to August 19.

More theatres have been listed on http://dragonballz.com.au/. There is now a total of 58 theatres showing the film across Australia and a total of 21 theatres showing it across New Zealand.

goku5596

Post by goku5596 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Good news for you UK fans who've been waiting for official news of a release by Manga UK
http://www.dragonballinsider.com/2015/0 ... k-cinemas/