What fan fiction would actually make a good series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: What fan fiction would actually make a good series?

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 am

dbzfan7 wrote:... needs to lighten up... so dumb and pointless, it was beneath both of them to even bother answering.
*Points to previous post.*

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:21 am

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:... needs to lighten up... so dumb and pointless, it was beneath both of them to even bother answering.
*Points to previous post.*
I saw "bye"...and there was no bye. I also saw a pointless stupid discussion added to a place where it shouldn't have been.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Hm I saw a bye...and there was no bye.
You continued to use insults and a mocking tone. Such a post required a reaffirmation of what was said in my last post and yet another report of your attitude and tone to the moderation, so I did.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
On a more positive note, I can't believe I completely forgot about 'Who Wants To Be A Superhero', though maybe that's because I was mostly thinking about fan fiction rather than fan comics. I'd totally be down for a special animating that comic though - though I wish it'd get finished already too, heh.
I would love to have that fan-manga continued... :(.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 am

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Hm I saw a bye...and there was no bye.
You continued to use insults and a mocking tone. Such a post required a reaffirmation of what was said in my last post and yet another report of your attitude and tone to the moderation, so I did.
Funny, I did the same thing a while back since this "unfair and honest" crap has no place here. Yet for some reason took such precedence just cause two guys had an exaggerated opinion on fan fiction. I'd have maybe a few complaints if this were the DBM thread, where this case would have more of a point. But "fair and honest" opinions have nothing to do with this thread at all.

Though arguing about something so pointless after an all-nighter isn't the best of ideas either.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Funny, I did the same thing a while back since this "unfair and honest" crap has no place here. Yet for some reason took such precedence just cause two guys had an exaggerated opinion on fan fiction. I'd have maybe a few complaints if this were the DBM thread, where this case would have more of a point. But "fair and honest" opinions have nothing to do with this thread at all.

Though arguing about something so pointless after an all-nighter isn't the best of ideas either.
I merely pointed out that it was an exaggeration, which was on topic at the time since the topic is about the quality of fanfics/fanmangas and whether they could be a series.

All my other posts were just responding to you and explaining my thoughts. Only then it became off-topic due to your insistence on that I was somehow criticizing their opinion and so on. That's what let to my explanations and off-topic talk. That, and your tone and insults.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 am

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

I merely pointed out that it was an exaggeration, which was on topic at the time since the topic is about the quality of fanfics/fanmangas and whether they could be a series.

All my other posts were just responding to you and explaining my thoughts. Only then it became off-topic due to your insistence on that I was somehow criticizing their opinion and so on. That's what let to my explanations and off-topic talk. That, and your tone and insults.
"Fair and honest" opinion has nothing to do with quality fan fics and manga's that could be a series. We're merely making nominations. We're not arguing or questioning other people's choices. They are free to exaggerate and be as ridiculous as they want. They can say they'd rather eat turds than have DBM become an official series. That'd be fine.

Also I'm not the one who's unreasonable. I talk to these people, and even have settled a few disputes on skype to keep things clear. Even got answers on why there was no bothering with this whole change in topic. You should perfectly understand why you got no answer.

I apologize if I've been too rude or uncivil, but I do not take back that "Honest and fair" is completely stupid when they're purposely stating hyperboles.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:14 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
"Fair and honest" opinion has nothing to do with quality fan fics and manga's that could be a series.
If people aren't stating their fair and honest opinion and just exaggerate, then a real discussion about the merits of each fanfic/fanmanga becomes impossible. Such discussion is the topic, so, I believe I was on topic.
We're merely making nominations. We're not arguing or questioning other people's choices. They are free to exaggerate and be as ridiculous as they want. They can say they'd rather eat turds than have DBM become an official series. That'd be fine.
Of course they can. But if they do that, I can't tell what they really think, I just get an unspecified overblown positive or negative response and thus a real discussion is impossible. I'd rather have a honest and fair opinion, so I just point that out.
Also I'm not the one who's unreasonable. I talk to these people, and even have settled a few disputes on skype to keep things clear. Even got answers on why there was no bothering with this whole change in topic. You should perfectly understand why you got no answer.
Well, if your acquaintances on skype think so, I guess I can't disagree.
I apologize if I've been too rude or uncivil, but I do not take back that "Honest and fair" is completely stupid when they're purposely stating hyperboles.
Apologies should be something to be avoided, not just an afterthought. Especially when you imply that I or my posts are stupid right after an apology.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:18 pm

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
"Fair and honest" opinion has nothing to do with quality fan fics and manga's that could be a series.
If people aren't stating their fair and honest opinion and just exaggerate, then a real discussion about the merits of each fanfic/fanmanga becomes impossible. Such discussion is the topic, so, I believe I was on topic.
We're merely making nominations. We're not arguing or questioning other people's choices. They are free to exaggerate and be as ridiculous as they want. They can say they'd rather eat turds than have DBM become an official series. That'd be fine.
Of course they can. But if they do that, I can't tell what they really think, I just get an unspecified overblown positive or negative response and thus a real discussion is impossible. I'd rather have a honest and fair opinion, so I just point that out.
Well, if your acquaintances on skype think so, I guess I can't disagree.
Apologies should be something to be avoided, not just an afterthought. Especially when you imply that I or my posts are stupid right after an apology.
All of that could have been had in a different thread if you desperately needed a constructive talk...if they'd even want to...which they really don't...trust me.

Though I'm done derailing things any further. Do you as you please.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:24 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
All of that could have been had in a different thread if you desperately needed a constructive talk...if they'd even want to...which they really don't...trust me.
I really wasn't planning on having this discussion on this topic. My intent was just to point out the exaggeration to see if the poster really felt that way and, if he didn't, if he offered a more developed and honest opinion on the fanfics/fanmangas and its merits. Why it developed this way, I've already told you.
Though I'm done derailing things any further. Do you as you please.
Good, now the topic can go back to on-topic.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Does every thread really have to turn into a giant debate that basically boils down to 'I'm right' 'no you aren't, I am' nowadays?

On a more positive note, I can't believe I completely forgot about 'Who Wants To Be A Superhero', though maybe that's because I was mostly thinking about fan fiction rather than fan comics. I'd totally be down for a special animating that comic though - though I wish it'd get finished already too, heh.
I never heard of that fanmanga until today. I love it!

Well, I'm convinced. I would loooove "Who Wants To Be A Superhero" to be adopted into an episode. Very reminiscent of the filler episodes Toei used to make (e.g. driving episode and Goku + Vegeta inside Buu one). It's nice to see fans make stories that emphasize on character interactions and comedy over just action and drama.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Monkey King Vegeta

Post by Monkey King Vegeta » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm working on a fan-fic about Saiyans being a primitive ape like tribe on Earth that built a spaceship and travel to anywhere.

Would explain why they look humanoid and can procreate with humans.

Another with Vegeta fulfilling an ancient Saiyan prophecy, and becoming the first canon SSJ4 (SSJG mixed with Oozaru).

It won't be long until someone comes up with a SSJOver9000Half-Life3ConfirmedWillofTheD6Sages transformation, then I can put the final nail on any hope for a future DBZ film after AT's death.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Monkey King Vegeta wrote:I'm working on a fan-fic about Saiyans being a primitive ape like tribe on Earth that built a spaceship and travel to anywhere.
It would probably be better if they were abducted from Earth by an alien race hundreds of thousands of years ago. A primitive race building an amazing spaceship doesn't seem to make much sense.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:25 pm

The last few pages of this thread have been an absolute embarrassment to read. Is it really that difficult to just "keep it shonen" and maintain some mutual respect when discussing things?

dbzfan7 and rereboy, the amount of your posts in this thread which have been reported is beyond ridiculous. I was at work and couldn't really take any action, though fortunately you seem to have stopped on your own by now. But the next time there's even a chance of a long and passive-aggressive argument like that again, I hope one or both of you will recognize it and just stop responding to each other. Consider this a free warning, because the next time either of you gets in such a noisy catfight, with each other or anyone else, we'll just skip right to dishing out system warnings, possibly with temporary bans.

Please take that all to heart.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Kaboom wrote:The last few pages of this thread have been an absolute embarrassment to read. Is it really that difficult to just "keep it shonen" and maintain some mutual respect when discussing things?

dbzfan7 and rereboy, the amount of your posts in this thread which have been reported is beyond ridiculous. I was at work and couldn't really take any action, though fortunately you seem to have stopped on your own by now. But the next time there's even a chance of a long and passive-aggressive argument like that again, I hope one or both of you will recognize it and just stop responding to each other. Consider this a free warning, because the next time either of you gets in such a noisy catfight, with each other or anyone else, we'll just skip right to dishing out system warnings, possibly with temporary bans.

Not quite sure if they'll even listen, but they really should work out whatever issues they have with each other off the forum or in private if it's going to drag out for this long. :/

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Kaboom wrote:The last few pages of this thread have been an absolute embarrassment to read. Is it really that difficult to just "keep it shonen" and maintain some mutual respect when discussing things?

If such a function existed on this forum, I would upvote the crap out of this post.

Topic: I was thinking on this subject earlier and there are a few fanfictions I read on MFG a decade ago that had some really good idea's in them, but I don't think any of them survived the great purging of that message board. Oh well.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:13 pm

I don't know if anyone will remember it, but I think this fanfic would make for an interesting series as an "alternate-reality" type show: Dragon Ball Super Z - https://www.fanfiction.net/u/9286/Juuhachi-gou
Trans rights, now!

xJeffx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by xJeffx » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Let's see Dragonball Zero, Honor Trip, or Bringer Of Death.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:56 pm

I've always wanted to write a fan fiction that strings together all of the movies from Curse of the Blood Rubies to Wrath of the Dragon, then altering the ending and plot devices to work with GT's forgetfulness or providing reasons for certain things, with GT being the end.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:14 pm

"Journey's End" would make a nice one-off, certainly.
Eire wrote:Anyone remembers Universe F?
Pity that it was discontinued, since in this two chapters author managed to catch action and established a nice and tense situation between characters.
Holy cow, I remember that! What a shame.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:42 pm

This was also a fairly interesting take on the alternate universe approach: http://cjchronicles.8m.com/
Unfortunately it was abandoned before completion.
Trans rights, now!