What are your wishes for the next Dragon Ball Z Film?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

What are your wishes for the next Dragon Ball Z Film?

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 am

I'm hoping that one of the humans goes rogue or something. Maybe a new transformation for Yamcha (an extraterrestrial power?), I don't know.
I definitely don't want an older villain returning. I don't want Silver Cell or Bronze Majin Buu.
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3 should have purple hair (kidding, of course).
Anyways, what are your hopes for the next Dragon Ball Z 2016/2017 Film (assuming there is one)?
One World. 🌐 🕊

BlackCatScott
Regular

Re: What are your wishes for the next Dragon Ball Z Film?

Post by BlackCatScott » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:27 am

Well I think there will definitely be another film because I expect Resurrection F to out perform Battle of Gods and comfortably meet/surpass its target.

As for my wishes and hopes for the film? I don't want another past-villain returning, that would be a terrible move. I just hope they expand on the end of Battle of Gods ending in the next film. About the universes, the other Gods etc. It was really interesting to me and I was really keen to find out more. From what I've seen, I don't think they even mention it in RF.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:27 am

I'd like it to be set either just before the final Budōkai and/or after the end. Don't really "wish" for anything plot-wise, I'd just like to see more of that tantalisingly-glimpsed untapped era of the characters' lives. I feel like that's kind of what the new movies have been building towards - BoG was pretty much indistinguishable from the Buu arc, while FnF had much more bridging going on between the final two eras of the manga: Goku's gi is pretty much halfway between his standard and end-of-Z outfits, Gohan's rocking the glasses, Pan is around, etc. IMO it would be a great way to round out a trilogy of movies that, when taken as a whole, show the journey through that uncharted decade (assuming they stop at three, of course).
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:42 am

I want to see a group of powerful villains that have been gathered from all over the 11 other universes. The group can contain magical beings, artificial humans, humanoid & non-humanoid aliens, demons and even Makaio & Makaioshin (the main villain). They should also have a huge army with them. What will they want from Earth? They will go there to recruit Goku & Vegeta (who have finished their training under Whis, and have surpassed him), but the Saiyans will say no, so the bad guys will want to kill them in return. They also learn about the Dragon Balls, so they try to collect them. And bring back everyone from FnF, plus everyone that didn't make it (Goten, Trunks, Boo, #18, Yamcha, Chaozu, maybe even Yajirobe). So, a huge battle breaks out between the Z-Senshi & the villainous group on Earth.

The movie should have a serious plot and lots of action scenes, but there should also be gags here & there.

Optional: They can make this after the end of the manga, so we can see Oob & Pan in action as well as a bonus.

That's my dream movie.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:49 am

Gokû and Vegeta get to visit one of the other universes please. TuT
Also new villains with creative new powers.
And some ssjg Gokû at some point.

Edit: And seconding more Gokû and Vegeta interactions. :3!
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:58 am

It to be good.

No, but seriously? I'd like the multiverse to be explored. If they insist on continuing in the current one, then explore Beerus' and Whis' past a bit more. I'd also like to see new characters introduced and/or old characters to regain relevancy. And, of course, Goku and Veggie interactions.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:00 am

It seems everyone is into agreement that we want to see more of the other universe, even just 2-3 of the 12 universe is fine.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am

I don't mind anything, but I do hope we get a purple god form!
Hi

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:12 am

SansrivaaL wrote:It seems everyone is into agreement that we want to see more of the other universe, even just 2-3 of the 12 universe is fine.
2-3 in one movie? Seems like a waste. I feel like the 12 universe idea needs more then 1 movie.
Hi

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:14 am

Every Z fighter that isn't named Goku or Vegeta being relevant would be neat.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:41 am

I'd like to be taken somewhere new and shown something new. I want that feeling of seeing Namek for the first time, of seeing Kaio's world, Beerus' planet, and all the many interesting new areas we've seen over the years. Fukkatsu no F's dark skies and ocean-side setting look refreshing, but it's still very clearly Earth.

Though the mention of other universes was merely a passing line, I think it's been latched onto so hard as it expands the lore of Dragon Ball in our minds. It opens up endless possibilities for stories that are as refreshing as Battle of Gods. I think we all want to see more Beerus and Whis, but we want to see them in a genuine way; not just a convenient plot device and tired humour element. If not, then give us a new foe that rivals the creativity shown with the aforementioned characters.

Fan service is fine, but if your entire film hinges on it, it needs to feel refreshing. Battle of Gods is a wonderful example of this; old characters meet again, Goku showcases every form and gets a brand new form, Pilaf and co. show up among many more examples. However, with the introduction of interesting new characters and themes, it doesn't feel particularly in your face.

I think a new film needs to follow this route or just focus on refreshing content over trying to tap into the nostalgia of viewers. Give us something to feel nostalgic over in ten years from now. Make us feel like we felt all those years ago. Battle of Gods did, so lets try and work on what made that film so interesting.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 am

I really really want something xenoverse inspired that involves time patrol trunks and characters of the current movies interacting with their GT counterparts. If the two versions of Goku did fusion to become some kind of blue ssj4 mega Goku the ten year old inside of me would jump for joy!
Last edited by Barunks on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:26 am

1- It needs to be more then a setup movie which is what the last 2 were.

2- It shouldn't introduce any new Ssj form but instead focus on the current one.

3- I want the villain(s) to be both new and interesting.

4- The majority of the movie should take place on different planets or a different universe instead of earth.

5- FNF is doing really good in the Japanese box office so the next one should have a bigger budget.

6- Seeing characters like Roshi get to shine is great so hopefully it's done again somehow.

7- With Vegeta being Goku's equal now they should each have a main villain to fight which would change things up drastically and move the story foreword pretty fast.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:28 am

I really don't even know what to wish for, because part of the fun - and yes, the risk too - is that Dragon Ball seems to always go in a direction that we'd never predict. I'm excited when the involved parties pull out something that I couldn't have ever guessed was next.

That said though...hmm. I guess if I had to hope for anything, it's for us to finally get something that's truly post-ending, but Toriyama seems reluctant to go there, and if he's made to do it,t hen...well, we all know what happens when you make the man do something, you lose some of that magic and risk pushing him away yet again.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:16 am

1) Cull the cast, there's no need for all of these movies to be a big reunion, get the ones you need and piss off with the ones you don't.
2) No more transformations.
3) Go back to doing some actual world building.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 am

Have the events take place somewhere else besides Earth so we don't have to see Piccolo, Gohan, etc being jobbed/irrelevant/useless yet again

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:28 am

If they make a new movie,it will most likely follow on goku and perhaps vegeta surpassing beerus and perhaps fighting another more powerful god of destruction.

Now what i would like to see.

Not much drama,and lots of action pretty much and maybe some exploration of the other dbz universes.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:47 am

I don't really ask for much, I just want the next Dragon Ball Z movie to have the exploration other universe as the central focus while keeping the cast the same in Resurrection F the same, but with the addition of Yamcha, Teen Goten, Teen Trunks and, if possible, #17 and maybe a return for Lunch for gag humor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:44 am

I am game for anything as-long as it is like RF and that they stay the hell away from all that 12 universe stuff.

StrawHatPatriot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StrawHatPatriot » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05 pm

It would be cool if they could explore some of the outer working systems in the universe such as the Planet Trade Organization.

Like maybe one of the allied races (we'll call this one in particular "race X") were busy in another universe, and when they came back, they saw Frieza and King Cold's deaths, and then they decided to take over the organization, and start sending out many troops to try and destroy different planets and races that have Dragon Balls so that they can rule for a long period of time, and not get defeated easily.

They attack Earth, Namek (This allows them to go back to Namek!), and also other new planets that Son Goku and crew will travel to and make allies with others to destroy the evil forces.

Basically: this would set up an opportunity where a new God would come in to the story (and be revealed as the leader of race X), the energy and mystery behind the Dragon Balls (Older Dragon Clan members in other planets?), New races (and thus new allies or villans), and a dramatic, darker story (which doesn't hurt to have every now and then)etc.