Dragon Ball Super manga adaptation: rumor or real?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragon Ball Super manga adaptation: rumor or real?

Post by Kakarot88 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 am

"Dragon Ball Insider" recently claimed, without any links but with a posted pic for citation, that:
The new Dragon Ball television series Dragon Ball Super was announced to receive a manga adaption in the latest June issue of V-Jump, calling Goku the King of Action with fights beyond our wildest imagination. The manga will be written by series creator Akira Toriyama and illustrated by Toyotarō, who is also the author of Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission and the recent manga adaption of Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F. The manga will be released within future V-Jump issues exclusively.
See: http://www.dragonballinsider.com/2015/0 ... announced/

Is this real?
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Super manga adaptation: rumor or real?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 19, 2015 8:20 am

Yes. That photo comes from Anime News Network (their URL is down in the bottom), and more specifically, the image itself comes from this week's upcoming July 2015 issue of V-Jump.

We had some site issues the last couple days and couldn't push out all the news we wanted to, but you can of course look forward to our own report sooner than later.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super manga adaptation: rumor or real?

Post by Kakarot88 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 am

VegettoEX wrote:Yes. That photo comes from Anime News Network (their URL is down in the bottom), and more specifically, the image itself comes from this week's upcoming July 2015 issue of V-Jump.

We had some site issues the last couple days and couldn't push out all the news we wanted to, but you can of course look forward to our own report sooner than later.
I saw this last night and hesitated on posting because I figured if I saw it, then Mike probably saw it 24 hours before I did :lol: but when I didn't see an official Kanzenshuu update it got me curious. Thanks for the update!

I really like the Dragon Ball Super logo, it kind of reminds me of the re-release green Shuesha used for the manga.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime: