Vegeta contradicting

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Vegeta contradicting

Post by Vhanos » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:04 am

There's something I don't get about Vegeta. During the Goku and Cell fight when Goku was getting tired he said that Goku should fight to the death without using a senzu bean if he is to prove he is a true saiyan warrior or something like that. But when he was fighting androids 19 and 20 it wasn't like that and he used one. Can someone explain this?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:08 am

How is that contradicting? #20 ran away, so it wasn't a fight anymore.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:37 am

That and he said Goku would rather die than use a senzu in a fight, not "should."
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

MyVisionity
Banned

Re: Vegeta contradicting

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:18 pm

Vhanos wrote:There's something I don't get about Vegeta. During the Goku and Cell fight when Goku was getting tired he said that Goku should fight to the death without using a senzu bean if he is to prove he is a true saiyan warrior or something like that. But when he was fighting androids 19 and 20 it wasn't like that and he used one. Can someone explain this?
Vegeta hated relying on Senzu, and considers it shameful for a Saiyajin warrior. #19 had just drained a good portion of Vegeta's energy during that fight, and he realized that he actually needed a bean to do battle again. With the Cell Games, however, not only was he commenting on Goku's pride as a Saiya-jin, but also points out the fact that Cell was much more powerful than Goku and that a Senzu would not make any difference, so he should at least die honorably giving his all.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:10 am

MyVisionity wrote:
Vhanos wrote:There's something I don't get about Vegeta. During the Goku and Cell fight when Goku was getting tired he said that Goku should fight to the death without using a senzu bean if he is to prove he is a true saiyan warrior or something like that. But when he was fighting androids 19 and 20 it wasn't like that and he used one. Can someone explain this?
Vegeta hated relying on Senzu, and considers it shameful for a Saiyajin warrior. #19 had just drained a good portion of Vegeta's energy during that fight, and he realized that he actually needed a bean to do battle again. With the Cell Games, however, not only was he commenting on Goku's pride as a Saiya-jin, but also points out the fact that Cell was much more powerful than Goku and that a Senzu would not make any difference, so he should at least die honorably giving his all.
Actually that last isn't true, at that time they didn't know that Cell wasn't using his full power yet, so they believed Cell only to be slightly stronger than Goku. Since they were both exhausted, they though Goku would get the upper hand with a Senzu Bean.
Who said life isn't a game?

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:17 am

Gamingdevil wrote:
MyVisionity wrote:
Actually that last isn't true, at that time they didn't know that Cell wasn't using his full power yet, so they believed Cell only to be slightly stronger than Goku. Since they were both exhausted, they though Goku would get the upper hand with a Senzu Bean.
I'm pretty sure I remember that Vegeta points out that Cell is "a thousand times stronger than Kakarotto", or something to that effect. While it did look like he might have been able to gain the upper hand and barely defeat Cell, I believe both Vegeta and Son knew to an extent that Cell's power was too big for that.

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:45 am

So, could Goku have beaten Cell if he kept going? I'm sure it will be pure speculation, but I'm just curious what people have to say on that.

I don't believe Vegeta contradicted himself at all. He took that Senzu bean for #20 because, in my opinion, he believed that it was a cheap trick and wanted to change it so it was fair again. But still, something tells me he did it begrudgingly, but he knew that he may not have a choice/chance otherwise. So, really, he never contradicted himself, only his actions seemed to.

When he was talking about Goku, I got the implication that he was referring to the fact that he had fought an even match against Cell, (even though the rules and such kept getting bended/changed,) so in that case he was saying that it would be more appropriate to die honorably knowing that they both fought with everything they had. Deep down, however, he was probably hoping Goku would pull through.

My two cents into the jar. Hope it made sense.
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135