YTV drops Dragonball from Mechanix

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

YTV drops Dragonball from Mechanix

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:42 pm

The only DB series still running on YTV, DBGT, has been replaced by Naruto. Gundam Seed, instead of being removed from the line-up, has taken Naruto's old spot, and Fullmetal Alchemist has taken Gundam Seed's old place. Shadow Raiders has replaced Reboot.

Damn Seed's popularity! Hopefully a DB series will replace .hack when it finished.

If you want to watch GT, it airs during the late-late-night repeat-zone of Friday shows at 3:30am Saturdays. Whether or not it'll be aired Saturday mornings at a reasonable hour is unknown at the moment since, instead of the new line-up, YTV will be airing a Beyblade movie.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:23 pm

Thanks Dayspring for the heads up. Haven't seen Shadow Raiders in ages, I may catch that also.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:36 am

Thanks for the info!

That also reminds me that I keep forgetting to watch that timeslot. I haven't seen some of those shows in a while.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:44 pm

Silent_Rage wrote:Thanks for the info!

That also reminds me that I keep forgetting to watch that timeslot. I haven't seen some of those shows in a while.
Mechanix is, I think, only on every Friday night. If I'm forgetting weekends, it's because there's no anime on during that time so I don't bother.

Though I can't back this up with anything concrete, if they're keeping GT in the repeat time-slots, then I think it'll replace .hack once the show finishes its third and possibly final run. Though 10:30pm is late for a show like GT, it's possible that it would re-start as Z once GT ends.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 pm

Let's see here... first off, it's Bionix (Mechanix, :lol: ) and yes, it's on Friday nights from 9:00pm - 1:00am et/pt. Also, Dragonball, anything, won't be able to take .hack's slot as it will be taken by Detective Conan (or Case Closed as FUNimation wants to call it) in April.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:39 pm

Tenka-Ichi wrote:Let's see here... first off, it's Bionix (Mechanix, :lol: ) and yes, it's on Friday nights from 9:00pm - 1:00am et/pt. Also, Dragonball, anything, won't be able to take .hack's slot as it will be taken by Detective Conan (or Case Closed as FUNimation wants to call it) in April.
Awesome. Where'd you find this bit of news?

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Dayspring wrote:Awesome. Where'd you find this bit of news?
I'm assuming you mean that Case Closed will be on YTV, in which case I found that at Anime News Network
ANN wrote:YTV Anime Updates (2006-03-01 15:21:15)
Starting this Friday, Naruto will be airing at 8pm, followed by Zatch Bell at 8:30pm. Fullmetal Alchemist will debut this Friday at 10pm. Case Closed will premiere on YTV Friday, April 7 at 10:30 p.m. Source: Zannen, Canada [ discuss (23 posts) ]
and at Zannen, Canada.

Oh, and Bionix actually goes from 9:00pm - 2:00am et/pt, and not 9:00 - 1:00 like I said earlier.

Mystic Kami

Re: YTV drops Dragonball from Mechanix

Post by Mystic Kami » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:43 am

Dayspring wrote:Shadow Raiders has replaced Reboot.
Shadow Raiders was the stupidest thing to ever come out of Mainframe. Replay Beast Wars, or Beast Machines. Hell, I'd even accept that stupid Hot Wheels cartoon they did. Just don't play Shadow Raiders T__T

plus, i miss dragonball.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:52 am

Mystic Kami wrote:
Shadow Raiders was the stupidest thing to ever come out of Mainframe. Replay Beast Wars, or Beast Machines. Hell, I'd even accept that stupid Hot Wheels cartoon they did. Just don't play Shadow Raiders T__T

plus, i miss dragonball.
They've been replaying Beast Wars for ages along with Reboot. Shadow Raiders was far from the dumbest thing to come out of Mainframe. "Action Man" or "Weird-Ohs" anyone? I really enjoyed SR and thought it had an imaginative story and characters.

I agree it would be nice to have DB on some more, but things can't last forever.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Mystic Kami wrote:

plus, i miss dragonball.
Dude... Beast Wars/Machines is right after Shadow Raiders and has been in that timeslot pretty much since Bionix debuted. :P

Anyway, thanks for the link to Zannen, Tenka-Ichi. For a change they finally used a source for their info instead of opinion.