Viz's DragonBall manga "Display Boxes"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Viz's DragonBall manga "Display Boxes"

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:54 pm

I've ordered the DBZ Display Box for volumes 18-26 (or something like that) six months ago... and it's still not here!! :twisted: The same thing happened the last time I got a Display Box from Viz for the DBZ mangas.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what did you do to get Viz to finally send it to you?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Re: Viz's DragonBall manga "Display Boxes"

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:49 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:I've ordered the DBZ Display Box for volumes 18-26 (or something like that) six months ago... and it's still not here!! :twisted: The same thing happened the last time I got a Display Box from Viz for the DBZ mangas.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what did you do to get Viz to finally send it to you?
:? Doesn't Viz have like an expiration date on those? Like it's a limited time offer or something? Meh. I dunno. :oops:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:58 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that I was way before the expiration date. I remember because I was so freaked out that I would get almost ripped off again, so I checked all of the small print stuff. I just recently e-mailed them, but so far they're sending me squat. :evil:
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:31 pm

DaemonCorps, I know your pain. I sent in for my box within the first week of eligibility and it never came. Viz is a horrible company in terms of their handling of mail.

As such I simply converted my other 3 boxes into CD holders and am using a shelf in my room to get the giant spine image from the series uninterrupted.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:03 am

Wasn't this a limited offer nearly a year ago?
Where's the beef?

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:15 am

Yeah, Kodoshin, since there are two different types of DB/Z manga (1st edition which are the taller ones and the later editions which are now released), I had to make a different box to fit my 1st ed's.

As for the Viz box sets, I've only gotten one out of the two different boxes I ordered. And I'm pretty sure that the only reason that I got it in the first place was because my mom called Viz. I clearly remember my mom telling the Viz rep something like, "you're fooling young children." Good ol' mom :lol: ; :evil: curse you, Viz :evil:

vejita-sama

I know the feeling

Post by vejita-sama » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:03 pm

I have send them 5 emails already asking for my display boxes.I receive an email like three months ago and they said that they still had a few but when I reply them with my address that same night and i am still waiting for a response.I mean the only display boxes that they have are the dragonball/z ones,right?What do they do goof off?! By the way since I am a show off of my collection I have vol.1-32 :lol:
IT'S VEJITA-SAMA,YOU GOT THAT?!?