What is your opinion about SSJ5 Goku?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: What is your opinion about SSJ5 Goku?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:53 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's not even SS5 Goku. It was determined a while back that it was an original fan character named Tablos.
To think that for years that the infamous SSj5 Goku picture was really a OC named Tablos. I wonder how the AF fan artist and fan fic writers feel now after all of these years :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 am

The design would be impossible to animate on a short schedule, but otherwise it feels so engrained in the mythos of the fandom that I really would like to see it used in a story somehow, someday. It's a shame Toyble had to pack up and abandon his fan comic.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:54 am

I always feel like a official SSj5 would have just return back to the golden SSj color that SSj1 - SSj3 had. If GT had another saga after the Shadow Dragon arc then they could have done a gold recolor of SSj4 as SSj5.
She/Her

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:03 am

JulieYBM wrote:The design would be impossible to animate on a short schedule, but otherwise it feels so engrained in the mythos of the fandom that I really would like to see it used in a story somehow, someday. It's a shame Toyble had to pack up and abandon his fan comic.
Toyble hasn't abandoned it yet, he said he will finish it someday, somehow. We'll just have to wait for a very long time.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:23 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The design would be impossible to animate on a short schedule, but otherwise it feels so engrained in the mythos of the fandom that I really would like to see it used in a story somehow, someday. It's a shame Toyble had to pack up and abandon his fan comic.
Toyble hasn't abandoned it yet, he said he will finish it someday, somehow. We'll just have to wait for a very long time.
He's abandoned it for now. Once his Resurrection F and Super adaptations were a thing, he took down his AF site completely. So long as he's doing official work from here on out, I doubt he'll be touching it. And who knows what he'll feel like doing once he's not working for the official franchise.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:40 am

JulieYBM wrote:The design would be impossible to animate on a short schedule,
I don't know. Maybe if they got rid of the arm bands and arbitrary symbols on his tunic thing, it would be manageable. Either way, I don't feel too strongly about the design, aside from the clothes. I mean, they don't even look remotely like the clothes we've seen non-armour bound Saiyans wear, and it just doesn't make sense.

If it were a transformation non-related to the Super Saiyan forms though, then it could be pretty interesting. As a design at least, it's appealing.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:45 am

I much prefer it to the majority of what-ifs Heroes has given to the Saiyans, however it's still super ugly.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:46 am

I'm still baffled how Cell could be drawn and animated with all of those spots, so I'm sure SS5 would be doable.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:51 am

I'm not a fan of the design you used as example, but I like the concept of a Super Saiyan 5, because FIVE is a number for me that would fit better to be the ultimate SSJ transformation instead of FOUR

I prefer that design:
Last edited by Noah on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Bet you some people who say they hate it would love it if Toriyama deigned it :mrgreen:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Some fans want Toyable to make his AF manga official when I doubt that will happen. Shueisha would have to approve of it first and his AF is inspire by old fan fic ideas. He didn't create Xicor or the idea West Kaioshin being behind his origin. He can't use characters that he never officially created. Not to mention I doubt fans will be happy if they made West Kaioshin official mother of Freeza and Coola. That would also meant that Goku's family and Freeza's family are now link with each other.
She/Her

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:He didn't create Xicor or the idea West Kaioshin being behind his origin. He can't use characters that he never officially created.
Why not? I doubt anyone owes the rights to Xicor.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:06 pm

He's a fan creation. No one knows who created him going from what I know and I'm pretty sure someone out of no where can sue Toyable if he makes Xicor official. Xicor has been in fan fiction for over 10 years.
She/Her

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:10 pm

The original artist, whoever it may be, automatically owns the rights to the character. Toyble using it in the official franchise could make Shueisha and Toei vulnerable to legal action if said person ever comes forward (or anyone else who wants to pretend to be) the original artist). Really, not worth it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheBritWriter
Banned

Post by TheBritWriter » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:01 pm

I honestly think its hideous, if it was animated by Toei etc they may be able to apply better colouring and shading effect, this is why I'm fine with SSGS Goku because even though there has been plenty of fanarts of green/blue/pink haired transformations the majority of colouring used is just not done very well, even with software like that enhance the colouring a lot still were just one deep colour thrown in or was too shiny with no shadow, darker shading etc. So its not the colouring that bothers me, that can be corrected, what was and is the problem with this concept is how it is so over the top upper body build, and the extra long bangs, its more of a ugly mesh between SSJ3 and how utter removed it is from SSJ4

The design was SSJ4 for that bad, the physique wasn't overly bulky like SSj3, and looked a complete evolutionary transformation of the SSJ stages to the end product, the problem as I said a while back, that there was no arc that shown a journey where Goku eventually morphs into that state instead of growling and powering before MAGIC he's a SSJ4

This SSJ5 design doesn't build on anything, it looks bulky and trying to be extreme in build and power, nor is it showing (imo) any additional changes that are practical or rational.

I'm sure this character emerged during disapointment with GT and the longing for a new dbz series with wild internet rumors that AF was a genuine new series. The popularity of this was sheer luck.

Of course misleading art has always blighted the dragon ball franchise, if you google dragon ball super the first thing you see is fanart of goku, vegeta along with teen bra and trunks!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Well since the subject is SSJ5 and its design, why not round up a few SSJ5 designs fans have come up with.

DBNA Version (Goku version) -
Gothax Version -
RBN Version -
9ary Version -
Nova Saiyajin Goku Version -
MatiasSoto Version -
Wegons Version -
My Version (Featuring Goku) -
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 pm

They're all really good except the first and sixth.

This one is one of the best, I really like the hair!
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Personally I'd like a version without the fur. But that might just be me.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Personally I'd like a version without the fur. But that might just be me.
Which would make no sense. After 3 forms with no fur, then the 4th having fur, why would the 5th suddenly take the fur away? Gotta keep it somewhat consistent.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Horrible, Goku looked way too evil for this form to be honest. The look of SSJ5 Goku wouldn't suit his style in any way since he isn't this serious, grim brute and more childish, loving kid. That is why all the Super Saiyan Forms tried to be simple and not have all these muscles to show he was stronger and instead focused on his hair and aura. I guess Super Saiyan 4 was a little muscular, but it didn't cross the line. I never really liked the idea of an SSJ5 Goku in general. I liked how they have made it into a God Form instead of continuing on the same path.

Damn that design is really good Kentai. I like it a lot more than Super Saiyan 4 and it still maintains the same pants of Goku! You should try more designs.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.