Dragon Ball Z JP DVDs (April Releases)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tsukento
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Z JP DVDs (April Releases)

Post by Tsukento » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:34 am

Seems Toei's rather busy updating their site. They've put up the covers for Volumes 16 through 18, as well as release dates for those DVDs and all the way up to Vol. 33. Seems like April will also be seeing six DVDs, as opposed to three.

Image Image Image

These three'll be out on the 5th of April, while Volumes 19, 20 and 21 will be out on the 26th of April. The three DVDs hold episodes 91 through 108, which is the rest of Goku's fight with Freeza all the way to the start of the Garlic Jr. arc.

The following discs cover the rest of the Garlic Jr. arc, introduce Trunks and end with Yamcha being impaled by Artificial Human #20/Dr. Gero.

Personally, I love the covers for 16 and 18.

Source: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/ptr/dragonball/z/index.html

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:56 am

SIX!?. God damn, I mean that's great, but woah woah woah. I suppose its a bid to hurry things up since they've got plenty of Z, DB, and GT to go before the next format change. But hey, once again, fucking awesome covers.

Edit: stupid me. looks like there'll be no May release for whatever reason, but still, neat.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:00 am

Great for the releases to be coming out quickly, bad for our wallets and bank accounts. :P

vejita-sama

R2 dvds!!!

Post by vejita-sama » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:26 pm

yeah too bad I cant play 2 dvd's on my pc
IT'S VEJITA-SAMA,YOU GOT THAT?!?

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:24 pm

The entire series will be out in a year at this rate! :D

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:44 pm

I laughed at Gohan doing "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA" type moves on Freeza.
Where's the beef?

Majin Kakarot
Banned

Post by Majin Kakarot » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 pm

that SSJ pic looks awesome!! They should re-do every episode like that.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:49 pm

*bows down before the might of DBZ-art stle drawn in 2006* I'm not worthy!

Ya know, I'd be willing to bet that if DBZ came out in this day in age with smexy digial animation, people wouldn't hate on it as much as they do now.

*goes back to drooling over #16 cover* I'll wet my pants once they start putting out the covers for the Androids episodes. :D

Majin Kakarot
Banned

Post by Majin Kakarot » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:54 pm

Meri wrote:*bows down before the might of DBZ-art stle drawn in 2006* I'm not worthy!

Ya know, I'd be willing to bet that if DBZ came out in this day in age with smexy digial animation, people wouldn't hate on it as much as they do now.

*goes back to drooling over #16 cover* I'll wet my pants once they start putting out the covers for the Androids episodes. :D
I thought you were "banned"??!! Anyway I agree with you. They should do a remake with digital animation and absolutely no fillers. Fillers must burn in hell!!

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:56 pm

majin kakarot wrote:I thought you were "banned"??!! Anyway I agree with you. They should do a remake with digital animation and absolutely no fillers. Fillers must burn in hell!!
I'm not banned... I'm posting from BEYOND THE GRAVE! And filler is snappy. They bring us such comedic gems as Goku and Piccolo driving in cars and wearing oh-so-cute clothing.

Majin Kakarot
Banned

Post by Majin Kakarot » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:02 pm

Meri wrote:
majin kakarot wrote:I thought you were "banned"??!! Anyway I agree with you. They should do a remake with digital animation and absolutely no fillers. Fillers must burn in hell!!
I'm not banned... I'm posting from BEYOND THE GRAVE! And filler is snappy. They bring us such comedic gems as Goku and Piccolo driving in cars and wearing oh-so-cute clothing.
Yes, but the ones that stretch a 2 chapter fight all the way to 6 or 7 eppies are just plain annoying... Some of the in-between fillers between sagas are entertaining though. The naked SSJ Goku in front of Gotenks was sheer beauty.. as was the driving episode..

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:19 pm

Castor Troy wrote:The entire series will be out in a year at this rate! :D
No it wont :)

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:05 pm

Meri wrote:*bows down before the might of DBZ-art stle drawn in 2006* I'm not worthy!

Yeah I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Trunks, 2006 style! :lol:

For some reason I really like the Gohan cover it's a really cool effect, almost 3Dish
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:21 pm

English subs. :(

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z JP DVDs (April Releases)

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:25 pm

Tsukento wrote:Seems Toei's rather busy updating their site. They've put up the covers for Volumes 16 through 18, as well as release dates for those DVDs and all the way up to Vol. 33. Seems like April will also be seeing six DVDs, as opposed to three.

Image Image Image

These three'll be out on the 5th of April, while Volumes 19, 20 and 21 will be out on the 26th of April. The three DVDs hold episodes 91 through 108, which is the rest of Goku's fight with Freeza all the way to the start of the Garlic Jr. arc.

The following discs cover the rest of the Garlic Jr. arc, introduce Trunks and end with Yamcha being impaled by Artificial Human #20/Dr. Gero.

Personally, I love the covers for 16 and 18.

Source: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/ptr/dragonball/z/index.html
:shock: HOLY SHIT! GOKU IS...AWESOME!

Sweet! :D *bows to Tsukento* Thanks so much! :)
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:45 pm

I wonder what the cover for the Gohan SSJ2 transformation would look like. *Thinks for a second* Oh well, I'll find out in, I don't know, about eight months!
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:23 am

Smooth Criminal wrote:English subs. :(
Did you actually expect English subs on a JAPANESE DVD? >_> It was blatantly obvious these wouldn't have English subs and never would when the Dragon Boxes didn't contain them. :P Toei is doing whatever they can to make us "round-eyes" jealous of their DVD releases. XP

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:02 am

I was thinking about buying one dvd a month but it would take me about 4 years to complete the series.

Then again, all I really want are episodes 1-67.

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:25 am

Smooth Criminal wrote:English subs. :(
Over it GET.

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Meri wrote:people wouldn't hate on it as much as they do now.
Who says anyone hates it? No one Hates it, Everyone LOVES IT!!!!!
"Speaks in plain denial, it's the 5th case this month"
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/